The Painful Truth discussion

Abuse > Puppy Mills (viewer Discretion is Advised)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Http://banpuppymills.com/

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

NEVER BUY FROM A PUPPY MILL
[image error]

[image error]

message 2: by Carson (new)

Carson I'm going to throw up!

message 3: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments You were warned. :/

message 4: by rachel (new)

rachel AGH i am like crying right now! WHY TO PEOPLE DO THAT! THEY NEVER DID ANYTHING TO THEM!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

.....why are there cats in the buckets?

message 6: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Not truly sure... >.>

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 855 comments Mod
*sobs* how could someone do that !!!!!!! I agree they didn't do anyth.ing!!

message 8: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Basicly, mills are jsut a place where they breed as many dogs as possible and try to sell the cutest puppies. The pups are sold to petstores and right out of the mill's kennel. If you buy a dog from a petstore, there is a large chance(unless there are good records to prove not) that your pup's mom had been abused and mated SEVERAL times and may still be living in appaling conditions. My parents bought my Shetland at a petstore. We checked he was bought from a good breeder before-hand though. So I rest assured my dog's mommy was safe! -_o

That's good the part about ur dog

message 10: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Thanks. I added that so people would understand a little more about mills and their connections with cheap petstores. That is why many animals are ill when you buy them from the petstore.

Yeah we adopted both r dogs, one has three legs and is a mix and the other is a black lab

message 12: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Nice! ^^ I think that's great u adopt!
My parents saw Scamp in the shop and fell in love so be bought him. :)

Same thing with my cat

message 14: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments XD

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Can you imagine forcing your pet dog to live his or her entire life in a small wire cage with no human companionship, toys or comfort, and little hope of ever becoming part of a family? That is what life is like for a puppy mill breeding dog. Help us stop this cycle of cruelty that contributes to pet overpopulation and the suffering of countless dogs.
Puppy mills have been around for decades. They continue to thrive because they prey on unwitting consumers who are smitten by too-cute-for-words puppies in pet store windows and on legitimate-seeming websites. Puppy mills house dogs in shockingly poor conditions. After their fertility wanes, breeding animals are often killed, abandoned or sold cheaply to another mill to try and get "one more litter" out of the dog. The annual result of all this breeding is millions of puppies, many with behavior and/or health problems.

message 16: by Laika (new)

Laika Puppy mills ARE terrible, but what I find eqally depressing is the fact that many people have only become aware of animal cruelty BECAUSE of puppy mills; and the cruel treatment of cows, rats etc. doesn't bother them as much because they aren't pets or as 'equal'

I know I have a rat and he is very intelligent!

message 18: by Laika (new)

Laika Yep. I also mean non-pet animals (cows, pigs, etc.)

Yeah I luv them all to, i mean who doesn't love wilber

message 20: by Laika (new)

Laika mhm

U know charolettes web ( sp?)

message 22: by Laika (new)

Laika yep...

Poor charlotte

message 25: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Charlotte's Web. It's a famous book and two/three movies. It's about a runt pig saved by a young girl. His name is Wilber. He has to stay at the farm where he learns he can talk like the otehr animals. They are going to kill him so Charlotte(the Garden Spider) tries to save him. Have you seen it or not???

message 26: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments lolz!

message 28: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 506 comments Mod
Poor puppies. How could anybody do such a thing?? 8()

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) my dog we bought from a place where they get dogs from shelters and qualified prisoners train them! it's so cool! she's a mutt, and the dumbest dog ive ever seen

message 30: by Carson (new)

Carson Cool! We got mine from a breeder but I really wanted my great grandma's dog when she died. He's a doberman. Anyway,I really love my doggy now. :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

We have gotten our dogs from shelter...

message 32: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

I got, as I said in a diffrent topic, I got the fat one from the shelter and the other from an abusive home. My grandma got hers from a pet store. When she got back to her house (she was visiting us in Wisconsin. She lived in Illinois at the time) she found out it had a heart problem. Poor kitty. Maybe that's why the cat is so spoiled...

message 33: by Carson (new)

Carson I like shelter pets. I want a cat from the shelter but my parents hate cats. Sadly. :(

message 34: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Gasp! Who could hate a kitty?????????

message 35: by Carson (last edited Jan 20, 2011 10:10AM) (new)

Carson My mom was attacked by one. :( And a bird. She's not an animal person.

message 36: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Wow. One kitty and one bird ruined the cutest creature in the world for her? She weird. Probobly only has half a brain if she can't like kitties!

message 37: by Carson (last edited Jan 20, 2011 10:19AM) (new)

Carson Excuse me??? Some people aren't made for animals. That doesn't mean they are weird.

message 38: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

I didn't say not smart. I say half a brain. Half the brain is reasonable. She missing that half. 2 bad animals to her means all animals are bad. That is not reasonable!

message 39: by Carson (new)

Carson I never said she doesn't like animals! She loves dogs just not birds and cats. It's not big deal. For some people one bad memory sets them off. She found my dog and I'm thankful of that.

message 40: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments *Brings out her axe* No fights now.

message 41: by Kayla (new)

Kayla People have their own opinions - that does not mean her mother has 'half a brain'. She has all of her brain, I am positive, else Cartle would know other wise. There's no need to say that because it sounded quite like an insult to some people. I personally like dogs, but I hate pitbulls with all my heart. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with me, it's just an opinion.

message 42: by ♥ Rachel♥ (last edited Jan 20, 2011 06:56PM) (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 922 comments Mod
Puppy mills are terribly cruel; when I get a puppy, it'll definitely be from a humane society >.<

Cartle wrote: "Cool! We got mine from a breeder but I really wanted my great grandma's dog when she died. He's a doberman. Anyway,I really love my doggy now. :)"

Omg. Omg. Omg. Omg. DOBERMEN!!! (Sorry. That's one of my favorite breeds. I ADORE them xP)

Ik theyr awesome

message 44: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

They are :D

message 45: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "People have their own opinions - that does not mean her mother has 'half a brain'. She has all of her brain, I am positive, else Cartle would know other wise. There's no need to say that because it..."

Why do you hate pitbulls!?

message 46: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

Pitbulls really don't have the best personalities :/

A lot of them do, this one pit bull puppy came running up to us and was so sweet, I glad we found her owners :-) pit bulls used to be like the nanny dog ( u know like from Peter pan) in the 1900 they would be like nannies until fig thing started :(

message 48: by Carson (new)

Carson I can understand why you hate pit bulls,Yum. My friend's have a pit bull breeder across the street and when her pit bulls get loss they attack my friend's dog. I personally can't stand poodles.

message 49: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Pit bulls are vicious dogs. They are bred to be that way. I have been attacked by four of them, all completely unrpovoked attacks, one when I was just sitting there. They are vile, and I have yet to meet a 'sweet' pit bull puppy. Plus, their coloring makes them look like they are always dirty or muddy. I don't like them because they were and still are bred for something that is completely unneccessary, and stupid owners also continue to encourage unwanted behavior. In short, again, I hate pit bulls.

message 50: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 654 comments NEVER punish a whole breed for something a few certain dogs were bred to do! Pits are so loyal, they'd do anything we told them to! Do you say bulldogs are evil becuase they were bred to fight bulls!? Blame the owners that raise the dogs! Punish the deed not the bread! So give a pitbull a try, before sentencing them all to die!

« previous 1