Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Music

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments AAA! I love the music to the movies! I need to buy that soundtrack.
Yeah, it seems like some of the scenes had the music up too loud, or the whole movie was put to music, but that's okay. I loved it anyway :D all movies are like that these days.

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments yeah the music in the movie was a bit much, but I sincerely love soundtracks.

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments wow. Four times. You mean it.

message 4: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments I love this one and HBP!

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments In the special features of HBP, it has the Additional Scenes, does anyone know the song that the choir sings when Flitwick conducts them? And if you can download it? Its just really emotional and I always listen to it over and over again.

message 6: by Cerridwen (new)

Cerridwen (allantiaeverlast) I'm listening to the HP7 Part 2 soundtrack on Youtube and it's amazing. :) And I thought the Half Blood Prince soundtrack was really good but this one beats it by a long shot.

message 7: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments I loved listening to it in the theatres! But correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I had heard snatches of music from HBP? I haven't heard the soundtrack yet so I don't know if it's the producers put in the music from that movie (although I don't know why) or if Alexandre Desplat incorporated all of the music from previous films.

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments No, yeah in DH Part 2, parts of the music from when Dumbledore died play (I think) in Snape's memory.

message 9: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments Yeah, the end was really, really cool. I remember sitting there like, oh shit, I feel ten years younger. I just remember watching the end of the first one with Hagrid watching the train drive away.

message 10: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Haha that's so true! I totally teared up! Sadly, I don't think many people in my theatre realized how touching the song was...when they hear I have 5 out of the 8 soundtracks, they give me weird looks...particularly when I blare Hedwig's Theme from my headphones...

message 11: by Deeelljay (new)

Deeelljay | 4 comments As much as I hate Twilight, Alexandre Desplat is a good composer, and I was fairly happy with the Deathly Hallows. I was hoping they'd play Leaving Hogwarts as the camera zoomed out on the trio after the war, that piece brings tears to my eyes! Nothing will beat Hedwig's Theme. I think it's funny that the song is called that - my (quite old) piano teacher asked to borrow the "Harry Potter sheet music" - so I brought the entire series for her, and she said "No, I want HIM!" So I preceded to tell her that Hedwig was Harry Potter's owl... then it got me thinking about the title. I suppose the magic is that Hedwig DID really start it all. The owls brought the letters, then Harry flew off to Hogwarts...
on another note, why didn't Dumbledore come and pick Harry up from Privet Drive himself, like when he visited Tom Riddle?

message 12: by Deeelljay (new)

Deeelljay | 4 comments Aegine wrote: "Haha that's so true! I totally teared up! Sadly, I don't think many people in my theatre realized how touching the song was...when they hear I have 5 out of the 8 soundtracks, they give me weird lo..."

haha I love it. hardcore!

message 13: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Deeelljay wrote: "As much as I hate Twilight, Alexandre Desplat is a good composer, and I was fairly happy with the Deathly Hallows. I was hoping they'd play Leaving Hogwarts as the camera zoomed out on the trio aft..."

Now that I think about the song title, it makes me even more sad that Hedwig's dead D=

And maybe Dumbledore didn't want to seem favoring Harry to an outsider, like how he ignored Harry in the fifth book. Plus, it would seem strange if the Headmaster himself visited every Muggleborn. Maybe he sends out different teachers to different parts of the country or maybe the school board decides on some representatives...

As for why no represenatives came, maybe they're restricted to Muggleborns only, or children with a single Muggle parent, like Dean Thomas. But then again, he really didn't say anything about someone visiting him. In fact, I think he got his letter not a represenative...

OR they send people to students who have absolutley no connection, as in the case of Tom Riddle: he had no relatives and was a wizarding orphan in a Muggle orphanage so maybe that was extreme circumstances....

message 14: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Dumbledore ignored Harry in th fifth book because he knew about Harry's mind being connected to Voldemort's and he thought that if Harry wouldn't see him, then Voldemort wouldn't be tempted or whatever, at least that's what I think.

message 15: by Horcruxiatus (new)

Horcruxiatus (ATeam) | 28 comments Ahkay, totally on the wrong movie. But Courtyard Apocalypse was probably the best track on the DHPT2 Soundtrack.

message 16: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Joe wrote: "In the special features of HBP, it has the Additional Scenes, does anyone know the song that the choir sings when Flitwick conducts them? And if you can download it? Its just really emotional and I..."

It's called "In Noctem" and you can find in on the internet. It's composed by Nicholas Hooper. I love it too, pity that they didn't put it into the movie.

message 17: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments I LOVE the music from the movies. Recently I've been really obsessed with it. The best music is from Prisoner of Azkaban, I think (Buckbeak's flight, A Window to the Past, and Mischief Managed). I also really like 'Professor Umbridge' and Fireworks, from Order of the Phoenix. And of course DH music. :) (love hedwig's theme, it who doesn't?)

message 18: by Daria (new)

Daria (blame-the-nargles) My favorite song from the movies (besides the theme song :P) is the song they play in Deathly Hallows Part 2 when they are making that force-field thing.
i have no idea what its called, but i LOVE it!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

message 19: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (mouseface) i like the theme song the best.

message 20: by Libby (new)

Libby (libbith220) I like listening to the music on Lego Harry Potter for wii (Both years 1-4 and years 5-7) because I find that I look at it at a different perspective at appreciate the beauty in it. When I watch the movies, I know the scenes so well that the songs are just part of it, not an extra.

message 21: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (mouseface) true

message 22: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments I love the scene in the DH pt 2 where they're running through the courtyard, and everybody is fighting and we can see Lavender and Greyback. The piece is called "Courtyard Apocalypse"

message 23: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Maybe this is part of a song that is on the soundtrack, but I can't find it: it's from this one scene in COS where Harry is with Hedwig and he says he doesn't know who he is anymore......well, not just in that part but...

message 24: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Luna Lovegood XD wrote: "My favorite song from the movies (besides the theme song :P) is the song they play in Deathly Hallows Part 2 when they are making that force-field thing.
i have no idea what its called, but i LOVE ..."

Is it courtyard apocalypse?

message 25: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Aug 16, 2012 10:50PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Chick wrote: "Maybe this is part of a song that is on the soundtrack, but I can't find it: it's from this one scene in COS where Harry is with Hedwig and he says he doesn't know who he is anymore......well, not ..."

I'm having trouble remembering when this is. Do you remember what else happens in the scene?

message 26: by Noreen (last edited Sep 16, 2012 10:35AM) (new)

Noreen (nor_roz) | 2 comments I abs love the potter soundtracks!!! I mean the last two movies, Alexandre Desplat did such a beautiful job!!! I cried. "Lily's Theme" was such a sad and beautiful score.....*crying**

Also, John Williams did a beauty to the Prisoner Of Azkaban ...I loved the scores in that movie!! xxx

**i love movie scores!!!!**

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments Noreen wrote: "I abs love the potter soundtracks!!! I mean the last two movies, Alexandre Desplat did such a beautiful job!!! I cried. "Lily's Theme" was such a sad and beautiful score.....*crying**

Also, John W..."

You read my mind :D. I don't know about you, but I was crying throughout Deathly Hallows Part Two, not just in "Lily's Theme" - but yeah, definitely in Lily's Theme as well as everywhere else.

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments Joe wrote: "Yeah, the end was really, really cool. I remember sitting there like, oh shit, I feel ten years younger. I just remember watching the end of the first one with Hagrid watching the train drive away."

I felt exactly the same way, I had to stop myself crying before I left the cinema - it was such an unbelievably bittersweet moment. But still, for me, Harry Potter will never be over!

message 29: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (gkj19) | 54 comments Has anybody here watched the Harry Potter version of Rebecca Black's Friday? It's great! They used a real snake for Nagini.

message 30: by Julia (new)

Julia | 150 comments I own all the soundtracks and love them so much! I have even gone to the music of Harry Potter symphonies for movie 1 and 4, and we all cheer so loudly for those few precious notes of Hedwig’s Theme.

The final movie’s soundtrack was my favourite; I love the new songs, and the inclusions of Hedwig’s Theme and Leaving Hogwarts were brilliant!!