Historical Fictionistas discussion

Ancient History (Old Threads) > Update to Group Rules Regarding Spoilers! Please read!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 3416 comments Mod
Goodreads has now made it possible for spoilers to be completely hidden from view in discussion posts and reviews. You will only be able to view the spoiler if you click on the link. Obviously, as I am a HUGE stickler for spoiler warnings, this has made my day.

I've updated the group rules to specify that this feature should be used for all spoilers. Here's the change:

SPOILER WARNINGS ARE REQUIRED. Please use the new spoiler function that Goodreads has instituted: Add spoiler HTML tags around your spoiler text. [spoiler]...text...[/spoiler] (replace[ & ] with < & > as normal with HTML).
You will be asked to edit your post if it contains a spoiler- including plot, story developments or any specific information that may ruin the experience for someone new to the story. If the post is not edited, we will quote and repost the comment with a spoiler warning. No other changes will be made to the content of the message.

-----------
If you have any questions about how to do this, please let me know here. Thanks in advance for your cooperation! :)

message 2: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Also - please note that this tag does NOT carry over to quoted replies - so be sure to edit the quoted section to remove or hide spoilers as necessary!

message 3: by Terri (last edited Jan 18, 2011 02:53PM) (new)

Terri I am practising my spoiler here;
(if you don't mind)

Spoiler: Chapter 4 Book

spoiler didn't work..:-(

I'm sorry Becky, I have no idea how to do this. I have no experience with this stuff. I didn't understand the 'replace &' comment that you made.
What did I do wrong? How do Io make my spoiler work?

message 4: by Dawn (last edited Jan 18, 2011 02:49PM) (new)

Dawn (breakofdawn) You have to use <> instead of [] around spoiler and /spoiler.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (view spoiler)

you are the bestest Dawn.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (readerjules) I can't click on the link to see her spoiler though!

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Julie, if you're using IE 6 or 7, there is a bug that messes it up. They have a fix that should run when the updates go late tonight.

message 8: by Becky, Moddess (new)

There's a bug with IE6 and IE7, so if you're using one of those browsers, Julie, it's not working. Goodreads knows about it and is working to fix it. :)

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Hah! I'm faster.

message 10: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Chris wrote: "Hah! I'm faster."

*deletes Chris's post*

Faster at what, Chris? Hmmm? ;)

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Bully mods, I tell ya......what are we to do?

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (readerjules) Ok, I am using IE7...and I also just saw in the feedback group that I'm not the only one. Thanks Chris and Becky. Or Becky and Chris. :-)

message 13: by Becky, Moddess (new)

LOL

message 14: by Terri (last edited Jan 18, 2011 04:53PM) (new)

Terri I use mozilla and when I waver over my spoiler link from a few posts back I don't get a click hand, I get a cursor, but oddly enough, I can still click on it.

It's a pretty revealing spoiler I put in my spoiler link....be warned *wink*

message 15: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lmdinmn) Terri wrote: "I use mozilla and when I waver over my spoiler link from a few posts back I don't get a click hand, I get a cursor, but oddly enough, I can still click on it.

It's a pretty revealing spoiler I put..."

same thing in Chrome

message 16: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Very cool.

message 17: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | -48 comments this is a test
(view spoiler)