Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Movies & TV > SyFy Being Human Sucks! (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6619 comments Mod
I wasn't going to check this show out, but unfortunately I did. For some reason SyFy is playing the episode three times in a row.

In my opinion, they shouldn't have tried to make an American version of BBCA hit show. It's funny how SyFy is calling their show a hit show. The cast is dry. Here are their names:

1. Aidan (American's Mitchell) - I guess they named him Aidan to play off the BBCA's actor name. He's real name is Aidan. The guy that plays the American version name is Sam and he doesn't do anything for me. I have to say that he does have the vampire look packed down and I am not talking about the sexy look that Aidan/Mitchell have either.

2. Josh. (American's George) - He's no George what so every. He's not even funny. I like nerds and it depends on who they are and this guy doesn't even pop out at me.

3. Sally. (American's Annie) - She doesn't even stand next to Annie.

Okay, I have been watching BBCA Being Human since it hit America and if I am wrong, please a fellow BBCA Being Human fan correct me.

Mitchell can eat, right? Wasn't he eating and drinking from the begining?

To my knowledge the only person that couldn't eat or drink was Annie.

The American version changed things. In this version, Aidan is a nurse and to my knowledge Josh still does the same job that George does.

Unless I have missed something big time, Mitchell isn't a nurse.

Sally didn't die like Annie did. Well according to Sally, she'd gone to bed and woke up dead. She mentions that she likes taking bubble baths. Well, Annie would make tea. I haven't seen Sally make a pot of tea yet.

Other thing that didn't seem right, well maybe for the American version. It's the location where Josh first turn into a werewolf, after trying to being human. I don't recall this happening to George. I remember George turning in their house and Annie was in the house. Another thing, I don't recall George having any siblings, well none that is about to find out his secret. Only Mitchell, Annie and other vampires, werewolves knew about George's secret.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the American version to Being Human will last long. It's dry and stale.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments I refuse to watch this show.

There was not a need for an american Being Human

They better bring back the british one or heads will roll!!

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Oh they are bringing back BBCA Being Human this year. Season 3.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments This sadly is a trend in American t.v. They take awesome shows and try to "adapt" them to American audiences. They did that with Cracker and it was a total failure. It would be nice if Hollyweird could just get some fresh blood and some new ideas instead of ripping off the Brits.

message 5: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jan 18, 2011 03:19AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Like Sharon, I'm boycotting the US version. It looked way too watered down. Can't wait for Season 3 of the real Being Human tv show! They left us hanging. I think season 3 premieres next week actually.

Arch, you are correct about Mitchell"s eating habits. I remember one scene in the hospital where Merrick (I believe his name was) was sharing a cup of coffee with him. and Annie likes to make breakfast for him and George. Even though she can't eat, she enjoys watching them eat lol.

Some shows just shouldnt be touched. :-/

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

The American version needs to be cancelled.

I want my always couple to be together: Annie and Mitchell. They have always been a couple in my eyes, even though they haven't hooked up yet.

Yes, it's time for season 3 to come on.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Melissa, where did you get that there's a lot of sex in Being Human?

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Melissa, I understood what you were talking about, when you have said latter. I watch the British version and there's not a lot of sex in the show. I'm not a person that is drawn to sex scenes on TV or even in books.

Danielle, it's okay that you don't find Mitchell cute. We all hold beauty in our eyes. I don't find the American men attractive.

A lot of British men are cute.

It's also okay that the British Being Human doesn't appeal to you Danielle.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

I strongly disagree that American is beautiful because of African blood. I'm not African. I'm black American. There's a difference.

I'm not going to discuss this matter any further. This thread is about Being Human.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I'm going to delete all my comments. Sorry to go off-topic.

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle, you didn't have to delete your comments. Off topic tends to happen.

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm closing this thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.