Christian Readers discussion

The Dead Don't Dance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:08AM) (new)

Clara Dearmore Strom Has anyone read Charles Martin. This is his first book. Very well written southern fiction. I loved it and have read all his others.

message 2: by Ted (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Ted Rohe (vangelicmonk) | 16 comments No I haven't. I looked him up on Amazon. Seems interesting. Seems very Drama like. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. What stands out to you in particular about his writing?

message 3: by Christie (new)

Christie Hagerman (hammocklibrarian) | 7 comments I really enjoyed this book. I picked it up because I'm from South Carolina, the setting for the book. I loved the fact that it was a bit unpredictable. Nothing worse than a story I could finish myself with no help from the author. Don't want to spoil, but I liked the way things wrapped up at the end. I thought the subtitle, "A Novel of Awakening" summed it up nicely.

message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 4 comments I loved The Dead Don't Dance!!! It was my first Charles Martin book and as soon as I finished it, I bought the sequel Maggie. I like his style, very unpredicable and I too live in the South so I can relate very well with his books. I think my favorite is Wrapped in Rain, but all his books are great in my opinion. I am anxiously awaiting his next book!

message 5: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 4 comments Melissa, I loved When Crickets Cry! I hope you will get into it and finish it! I can't wait for the 15th to get here so I can get Where the River Ends!