Q&A with David Levithan discussion

future projects?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miss Bookiverse (missbookiverse) Hey David,
I know The Lover's Dictionary was just published but I'd still like to know what/if you're working on at the moment. I hope there'll be yet another collaboration with Rachel Cohn (you can keep these coming until forever :D) or maybe with John Green.

The Lover's Dictionary seemed more aimed at grown ups to me. Will you write more adult stuff in the future? Or stick to young adult?

One last question: I found this book "In The Heart Of The Quake" with your name on it. Is that actually written by you? It just looks so different (and it's also much older) from your other books.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. Keep up the excellent writing!

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (the1stdaughter) | 3 comments Hi David!

I've loved all of your books and am enthralled with the concept of collaboration. You've worked with a few different authors in the past and I'm wondering, are there any authors you'd be thrilled to work with in the future? Both realistically and possibly a "dream" collaboration. ;o)

Thanks so much!
Danielle

message 3: by David (new)

David Levithan | 22 comments Hello Infinite Playlist (nice name!),

My next book is a YA collaboration with a friend of mine who's a photographer. It's called Every You, Every Me, and it will be out this fall.

As for after that... I have a few things I'm working on, but none have actually been submitted to publishers yet. But I'd guess there will be a new book in 2012 as well. If I can get my act together and write one.

As for In the Heart of the Quake -- the first two books I ever wrote were for a series called Disaster Zone. In the Heart of the Quake was the second. They were aimed younger than my other books -- more for fourth/fifth graders. Writing them was a lot of fun. (I also wrote some movie and TV tie-in books, so if you see my name attached to something, odds are good it's me. There are only two other David Levithans in the world, and neither of them writes books.)

Thanks!
David

message 4: by David (new)

David Levithan | 22 comments Hi Danielle,

I'm definitely going to keep collaborating. Hopefully I'll write more books with Rachel and John at some point, and there are definitely other authors I'd love to write with. I mean, a lot of them. So we'll see where my writing takes me.

As for my dream collaboration -- well, it's inevitable that I'll write something with my friend and tourmate Libba Bray someday. I mean, the gods will be pissed if we don't. But it's not going to happen in the near, near future because she has a book or four to write. Someday, though!

/:) David

Miss Bookiverse (missbookiverse) Hey David,

thanks for answering my questions :)
Not only the gods, also I would be pissed if you would not write a book with Libba one day :D

Totally looking forward to Every Me, Every You!

Love,
Infinite Playlist