The Painful Truth discussion

The Dinner Table > McCruelty

Comments Showing 1-50 of 155 (155 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.mccruelty.com/

I hate McDonalds anyway but this gives me more reason...

message 2: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I don't have to see that. I know what they do. I don't eat there. I get really sick...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I just think they taste like crap...=)

message 4: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Yeah.

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 855 comments Mod
Ikr mcdonalds is terrible

message 6: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 140 comments It IS crap.

The only good thing about them is that they use temple grandins method for slaughter houses which are more human. But still I never eat there because there is nothing else good about them

message 9: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 140 comments People have died from fast food poisoning.

I know

message 11: by SilverForrest (new)

SilverForrest | 7 comments i just hate how everything there tastes... i'm afraid of clickiing that link now

message 12: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy I'm not here to defend McDonalds, but I'd just like to point something out-
How else do you expect them to be killed? If they brought some sort of chemical to inject into them and kill them, then there'd be complaints about how McDonald's chicken could potentially be dangerous to humans if this chemical remained. Sure, I don't agree with scalding them when they're still alive to get the feathers off them, but slitting their throats is probably the fastest and least painful way to end their lives in my opinion.
Again, I don't mean to defend McDonalds. It jsut kinda came to mind when I was watching it *Facepalm* And at the top it said 'U.S and Canadians.' I don't really belong to either of those categories- I'm an NZer. And if anything like that happened with us, we'd have a total spazz. We're still arguing about caged or free range chickens! And, on the advertisements in our country, everything is pretty much homegrown, so I highly doubt the chicken comes from the U.S or Canada for us.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The machines they use for slitting their throats don't always work so they're still alive...

message 14: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 506 comments Mod
The real issue isn't with McDonalds. They get their chicken and beef from the same places everyone else does. I have seen what some of the Tyson factories do. They go through daily to pick up the dead chickens. It's horrible. Don't blame McDonalds, blame the food industry.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I blame humanity...-_-

message 16: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Look, I'm here to defend McDonalds. They probably don't know what condition their meat comes from. They don't need to look into it. IT's not their job. So don't just sit here saying "McDonalds is evil" and stuff because it's not their fault. And not all humanity is bad. Just the majority.

message 17: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy *♥Nemonica♥* §#The Invader Zim Fanatic#§ wrote: "The machines they use for slitting their throats don't always work so they're still alive..."

So they don't always work. That may be unfortunate, but it does happen. It's called a mistake. And, when you put it in perspective like Andy, it does make sense.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Then who produces the meat?

message 19: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Big "farms". They mass produce chickens and cows and wait until their big enough to be...slaughtered. Google it if you have to.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

on it...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I just read that they get their beef from somewhere in South America

message 22: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Ah. I thought it was american cruelty. That's usually what it is. What else did you read?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Just a bunch of arguing about if MD uses real beef or nor...

message 24: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Wow. I don't think that was a very reliable source. Doesn't sound like it.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I was looking at a bunch of different sites...

message 26: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Oh. Wow. Their not very helpful. Search "Tyson chicken farms" or something like it. Better results.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Doubt it but ok...

message 28: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 922 comments Mod
Jasmine wrote: "How else do you expect them to be killed?"

Er, not to convert anybody into Judaism or anything, but...the kosher method of killing is the most humane. They could do it that way :/

message 29: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Well that wouldn't convert anyone. It's just a fact. We could buy kosher and not have to follow the religion. What is the kosher method anyway?

message 30: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

"The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness. This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within two seconds, and is widely recognized as the most humane method of slaughter possible."

(Source: http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm )

message 31: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Deep cut? why not just take the whole thing off? It's guarenteed to work. No pain, only a little mess.

message 32: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

It works this way too...it severs all the major blood vessels so the brain gets no blood :/ That's a good question, though, I'm not quite sure about the answer.

message 33: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Obviously taking off the whole head is more humane. Quick motion Not pain if the blade is sharp and once the head's off it's never going back on. Lol, at least I hope not

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ Rachel♥ wrote: ""The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness. This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within two seconds, and ..."

Now, if only we got farms to use that method...

message 35: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Yeah. Easier said than done. Unless..... Nemonica, get the picket signs. Lol

message 36: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org... Er, didn't work for this one o.o

message 37: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Uh, didn't need to know that. But that's one in a trillion.

message 38: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

:P Well, yeah.

message 39: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

*♥Nemonica♥* §#The Invader Zim Fanatic#§ wrote: "♥ Rachel♥ wrote: ""The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness. This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within..."

Yes, exactly! And it's not like it'd cost them extra or anything >.>

message 40: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

No method would cost them any more than what they are. Unless they use machines..

message 41: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

Which is why they should use the least painful method possible. It doesn't take any extra time and it doesn't cost extra, so why not? Ugh :P

message 42: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Yeah. That's pretty much what I've been saying this whole time! :P

message 43: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

Yay? :P

message 44: by SilverForrest (new)

SilverForrest | 7 comments people told me chickens still run after the head is cut off.

message 45: by ♥ Rachel♥ (last edited Jan 17, 2011 06:18PM) (new)

♥ Rachel♥ wrote: " http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org... "

message 46: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy SilverForrest wrote: "people told me chickens still run after the head is cut off."

They do, but only for a limited amount of time.

message 47: by Carson (last edited Jan 18, 2011 10:40AM) (new)

Carson They don't all the time. The only reason Mike the headless chicken lived with no head was because when they cut his head off they missed a nerve.

message 48: by The, Happy in love <3 (new)

Wow. Poor Mike lol...

message 49: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy Actually, they do still run around with their heads cut off, because their nerves are still alive. Once again, it's for a short time, though. They can run the length of two football fields before they die.

message 50: by Carson (new)

Carson I can't remember what is was completely.

« previous 1 3 4