Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you readind January, 17th

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I just finished Julie James's Practice Makes Perfect and I loved it and after I read(as they are out) Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning and Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips I'll read her other 2 books. Now I'm starting Robin Kaye's Yours for the Taking.

message 2: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2113 comments Mod
Starting on Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. Shadowfever is out Tomorrow!!!

message 3: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Rereading Forbidden Rose. And contemplating my nonfiction TBR pile. I think I need to start alternating fiction and nonfiction...and buy some more book shelves . Also waiting for the new EJ, Hoyt, Milan, SEP and Carr ...
Tried the new Gunn and didn't find it appealing. And I also read one of Meljean Brook vampire series. She can definitely write but I really don't get the appeal of vampires.

message 4: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Also waiting for the new Gurhke and Willig and Shalvis and Beverly short...

message 5: by Irisheyes (last edited Jan 17, 2011 11:55AM) (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished Barbara O'Neal's HOW TO BAKE A PERFECT LIFE. Just amazing! I absolutely love this author. It's nothing grand - no spys, vampires, secret agents - but boy she just grabs you, wraps you up in her world and makes you want to keep turning those pages to see how it all turns out. Always, always towards the end of her books I get this sad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to have to say goodbye to all her characters soon and I just slow down my reading to savor the last bits and pieces.

And now, just like DLS, I'm eagerly awaiting all the new releases this month. Just read a great review of the new Sabrina Jeffries, HOW TO WOO A RELUCTANT LADY, over at The Romance Dish. I'm adding that to my list!

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Irisheyes isn't Barbara ONeal great?I really liked JTBaPL a lot too. I think of her latest books as her food series...

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyw35) | 128 comments I haven't actually started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yet. I'm trying to jump in.

message 8: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments I know, DLS, I have yet to be disappointed in one of her reads. I have to track down the ones she has written under Barbara Samuel. I've read a few of her Ruth Winds.

message 9: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I just finished Kristan Higgins's My One and Only. I haven't had time to review it yet, but I loved it. I think it's her best one yet. It's a reunion theme, and that's my favorite trope.

I'm reading Marie Force's Fatal Justice now. I like it enough to want to go back and read the first book in the series.

Sorry you didn't like the Gunn book, Dls. I liked it a lot. I'm eager to read How to Bake a Perfect Life, but I'm delaying it until I take a break from my own writing. I can't read O'Neal's books when I'm writing. They leave me despondent over my own prose.

message 10: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I am going to start The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Partstonight.

message 11: by Okie (new)

Done with Nightshade, FABulous YA read! Today I'm starting on Karen Marie Moning's Shadowfever :)

message 12: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading When Beauty Tamed the Beast. I got my review copy in the mail yesterday.

message 13: by Okie (new)

I'm starting my weekend reads today- The Sky Inside by Clarke B. Dunkle and Salt by Maurice Gee. Happy Friday, ladies!

message 14: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Just finishing the silver orchid by willig. I enjoyed it. It has fewer of her old characters: I really liked the new ones.

message 15: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
Wow! Everybody is reading good stuff this week. (Not that you don't always...) I'm almost finished with AN INCOMPLETE REVENGE by Jacqueline Winspear. It's a mystery set in 1930s England, starring Maisie Dobbs, a former WWI nurse turned private investigator. It's very good, and it's been good to revisit Maisie's world.

I'm so behind now with my other reading. There are a ton of new books I intend to read but I've got RITA books to read and judge now so it's going to be a little while before I can get to them. I've got the new SEP, the new Willig, and a ton of others on the TBR. Gonna have to wait a bit before I can get to them though.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1036 comments I just finished Marjorie Liu's In The Dark of Dreams. I can't begin to express how truly fantastic this book is! It is one of her best books so far.