Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Member Reading Archive > Danielle's 2011 Harlequin Presents Reads

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Jan 17, 2011 09:38AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
1. Leaving Home by Leigh Michaels 1/16 (4 stars)
2. Beauty and the Greek by Kim Lawrence 1/16 (4.25 stars)
3. Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure by India Grey 1/16 (4.5 stars)--I found this one very compelling!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

4.Untameable Rogue by Kelly Hunter 2/6 (5 stars)--Loved this book!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

5.Their Convenient Marriage by Mary Lyons 2/12 (2 stars)--the heroine was very immature and insecure. It majorly bugged me.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

6.Marriage: For Business or Pleasure? by Nicola Marsh 2/26 (4 stars) I like NM's breezy, but sexy writing style.
7.For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) by Annie West 2/26 (4.5 stars) I ended up loving this although I don't really like playboy heroes

message 5: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 170 comments Danielle, only 7 so far this year? I'm surprised. :)

I've been slacking off on mine this year.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I read a couple more this past weekend:

8.Desperate Desire by Flora Kidd 3/4 (4 stars)
9.Cave of Fire by Rebecca King 3/7 (3.5 stars)

I haven't been as many as I'd like, but I'm cleaning some ones off the pile I've had for a while, so that's good.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

10.Waking Up by Amanda Carpenter 3/31 (4 stars). This has an adorable virgin hero--loved him!

I realize I am really slacking on my HP reading. I'm doing all this reading for reviews lately in the UF/Fantasy genre. Not that I'm complaining.

message 8: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 170 comments I've been pretty bad at my HP reading. You are farther along than me.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

We'll get there, Lynsey. :)

message 10: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: I realize I am really slacking on my HP reading. I'm doing all this reading for reviews..."

I find that HP reading is a lot more enjoyable when I take long breaks in between. I start getting really annoyed at the books when I read too many without a long break.

message 11: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Ive been the biggest slacker in my HP challenge LOL... only read three in March.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I took a three year break from reading HPs back in the late 90s to early 2000s. I believe it's important to have a little variety in one's reading, so I don't read consistently all of the same thing if I can help it. I admit I like having HPs weekends and they've gone very well.

I'm sure you have other things going on, V.

message 13: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments lately, have been on an HP jag, read 3 in one night

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Those are fun, Vashti.

message 15: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I took a three year break from reading HPs back in the late 90s to early 2000s. I believe it's important to have a little variety in one's reading, so I don't read consistently all of the same thi..."

Indeed- HPs are like full fat ice cream for me- major binge and then serious diet!

message 16: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Vashti wrote: "lately, have been on an HP jag, read 3 in one night"

Vashti- that's a serious HP gobbling up fest! My record is two a night and then I need to seriously recuperate!

message 17: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments I did a break, too, and read Desires, Intimate Moments, and Special Editions for a few years. Came back to HP in the last couple of years.

message 18: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments I had taken a big break from HP'S several years ago, then I got sick and my husband discovered a UBS near where we lived and my addiction started again!!!! I usually mix up my romance reading with the other romance genres otherwise will get serious HP overkill!

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

11.The Man Who Could Never Love by Kate Hewitt 4/3 (4 stars)

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Vashti, it's getting harder to find the vintage HPs at the used bookstore because they don't carry the books past a couple of years. I get them off Amazon.com now. Thankfully, I have a subscription, so I get all the new ones, except for the HP Extras they don't ship with the subscription. This way, I can just get rid of the ones I don't want to read.

Speaking of, if anyone wants this one, it's free to a good home:

Not a Marrying Man (Harlequin Presents

message 21: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Hey Danielle I will take it , was it any good, that was one of the books that I did not orderr this month

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I won't be reading it. I don't like the storyline. If you want to PM me with your address, that would be great.

message 23: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments ok i'll send it to you

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

12.The Loving Trap by Daphne Clair 5/22 (5 stars--I've enjoyed this HP more than most I've read in a while).

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

13.Accidental Mistress by Susan Napier 6/5 (4 stars). I would have rated this higher, but I didn't really get a fix on the hero and what his motivations were. But I always enjoy Susan Napier's books, and this was no different

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

14.The Veranchetti Marriage by Lynne Graham 6/12 (5 stars). I was quite impressed with this one. The hero was deep!

15.Cage of Ice by Sally Wentworth 6/13 (4.5 stars). I liked the fact that there was a powerful mutual bond, and the hero was very vulnerable to his emotions, as the heroine was.

message 27: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments OHHH, love THE VERANCHETTI MARRIAGE Danielle, one of my all time favs.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I can see why, Vashti!

message 29: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 170 comments I have the Veranchetti Marriage to read yet. Glad to know you liked it, Danielle.

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

You bought it to my attention, Lynsey. I thought I had read it, but I don't think I did read it before now.

message 31: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (lovesdarcy) | 170 comments Glad I could be of assistance! :)

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

16.Katrakis's Sweet Prize by Caitlin Crews 6/18 (4.5 stars) I really liked this book. It was emotional and intense (which is a must with HPs for me).
17.An Accidental Birthright by Maisey Yates 6/18 (4.25 stars) I felt like the reluctance to be involved went on a bit too long, but otherwise very good. Really liked the characters.

message 33: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments I actuallyread the 2nd book in the Maisey Yates duet and thought it was very good,it is the sister's story.

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I'm excited to read it. I love the sheikh books, Vashti.

message 35: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments You will like it.I love the LG sheik books.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

18.Heart on Fire by Charlotte Lamb 7/3 (4 stars) I really liked the heroine.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

19.The Groom's Ultimatum by Kim Lawrence 7/24 (4 stars) Cute and humorous with step-sibs w/ unrequited feelings for each other
20.Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge by Lynn Raye Harris 7/24 (4 stars) This got my juices flowing. Very intense!

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

21.Dark Fire (Too Hot to Handle, #4) by Robyn Donald 7/31 (4 stars) The hero wasn't likable at all, but I loved the writing in this story. It seemed very emotional and evocative.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Aug 17, 2011 12:51PM) (new)

22.Guardian Angel by Patricia Wilson (4 stars) I liked that the H/h were friends and the hero was clearly in love with the heroine from the beginning (although she didn't recognize it) 8/14
23.Hostage of Passion by Diana Hamilton (3.75 stars) My attention wavered at times, but this one wrapped up very nicely 8/17

message 40: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
On a roll!

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

With work being super-stressful, I forsee me doing some mammoth HP reading on the weekends!

message 42: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Aw, sorry to hear that Lady D. *Big hug*. Good thing you have HPs to escape to for a short while.

message 43: by Lady Jaye (new)

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 92 comments Make that a group hug! hopefully, the super-stressful days peter out.

message 44: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Big hug for Lady Danielle!

I wish you a lot of relaxing with some good HP's!

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Oh thanks, girls! I appreciate you!

message 46: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Danielle,my advice to you girl is to take a nice long soak in the tub,light a few candles, put some nice music on ,and grag a nice harley and just RELAX your cares away,and if that does not help,don't know what will.When I was working on the ONC unit at the hospital,could not wait for my days off just to unwind.Shame that life is so full of stress these days, even the most mundane of things can be really stressfull and aggravating.Sending you some soothing moments your way.....

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Thanks so much, Vashti! Your unwinding ritual sounds like just the thing. I can't seem to get a job that isn't stressful. And my job wanderlust has set in. Sigh!

message 48: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments If you don't mind me asking,what is it that you do?

message 49: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I work in the veterinary medicine field--public health.

message 50: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Anything in the medical field is super stress x's 10!!!!!..don't know how I did it for 26 years.

« previous 1