Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What do you think of bipartisan seating?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thetick...

What do you think? Pros and cons? Empty symbol? Good idea?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'm all for it. I'm pretty much for all political actions being bipartisan.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I'm anti "party unity" and pro "do right by the people" so I like it, empty symbol or not.

message 4: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Something tells me this is not a good idea. Something tells me we may be seeing some fist fights. I hope not, of course, but it worries me.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
I don't really care. If the Republicans cared about appearing bipartisan, they'd scrap the healthcare repeal vote because it is doomed anyway. But no, they have to have a meaningless, symbolic vote. Oh well. Public support for the healthcare bill is growing, so maybe they will be screwing themselves in the end.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Aynge wrote: "Something tells me this is not a good idea. Something tells me we may be seeing some fist fights. I hope not, of course, but it worries me."

I would watch if they got into fistfights.

message 7: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments It's disgraceful. The thought of our congressmen and senators fist fighting like guests on Jerry Springer... Good Lord.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I think they should sit in alphabetical order by last name. :)

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I think they should sit in alphabetical order by last name. :)"

Now that is a sensible solution. However, every other year it should be reverse alpha so no one gets to sit in the first row all the time.

message 10: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments You know, this works in kindergarten so why not? Maybe we should also make them share their crayons, raise their hands when they have to go to the bathroom, and take naps together. Since they obviously have no social skills, they should start at the beginning again.

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments The majority in each house should sit in the minorities’ laps.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I always feel bad for the people in the middle of the alphabet.

message 13: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Aynge wrote, Something tells me this is not a good idea. Something tells me we may be seeing some fist fights. I hope not, of course, but it worries me.

Highly doubtful. Other than that schmuck Joe "YOU LIE!" Wilson, the Congress is made up of the biggest gathering of limp-wristed pussies ever imagined, so it's impossible to imagine John Boehner getting into a fistfight with Bernie Sanders, lest Boehner get his Snooki-esque tan ruined n' shit.

And, yes, I do like this idea of bipartisan seating. Congress needs to dispense with this idea that, as professionals, they do not get along; there are quite many Congressmen and Senators from opposing aisles who are very friendly with one another.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael I think it's silly. Will they hold hands, too, before going back to partisan politics five minutes after the speech? I like Jackie's idea up in #8.