Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Shifter Stories for Kindle

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments I'm looking for shifter/werewolf stories to get on my Kindle. I've tried searching through Amazon but the list is overwhelming and I don't think anyone has enough time to weed through everything that pops up. I'm hoping to find some hidden gems and, also, some titles for the shifter challenge I've entered this year. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments What heat level and pairings do you prefer? You're right. There are a ton on there.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) Indie allowed or only big and small publishers?
Oh, and Brenna's questions are good too.

message 4: by ൠSinful (last edited Jan 17, 2011 05:47AM) (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments Halle Pumas and Halle Shifter Series by Dana Marie Bell are on the short side. Definately on the sex filled side. But not erotica- Just sex filled. Bear Necessities, The Wallflower

I just finished A Taste of Scarlet which you can get at loose Id. Loose Id is all erotica. This one is abt. 150 pages. I loved it. A Taste of Scarlet

My Favorite series of all time are Mangus Pack and Pride by Shelly Laurenston.Two books in the series are:Pack Challenge Here Kitty, Kitty!

Vivian Arend writes shorts in a series called Granite Lake Wolves:
Wolf Signs

Kenyon's Dark Hunters series has a subset with shifters. Loved those.

Sleeping With the Wolf Is a new series that I enjoyed. She just turned book 2 into the publisher.

(In UF:

Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs

Kate Daniels Series by Iliona Andrews- Curran might be my favorite shifter

Riley Jenson is a shifter

Women of the Otherworld (elena and clay!!)

Shifters by Rachel Vincent

It would be easier if we knew:
1. How long do you want it?
Short story, Novella, full length novel

2. Series/ doesn't matter/ not series

3. Steam comfort level. Do you prefer to have little sex? Sex is great in a story. You read erotica... What are the limits?
For instance: I don't read GLBT, Domme, or TPE books (yet) in erotica. I do menage, BDSM, back door action- some things others don't like in their books doesn't bug me.

4. Do you want only to shop from Amazon or will you go to other sites? (you can read them on the kindle too)

5. UF/ PNR?

6. Shifters in the story, only shifters, or the primary hero/heroine is/are shifters?

7. What have you read and liked and you'd like to find something along those lines?

That will help weed things down.

message 5: by Jan (last edited Jan 17, 2011 06:11AM) (new)

Jan (janoda) I like the Halle Shifter series by Dana Marie Bell as well. (Particularly Bear Necessities)

Deadlands Hunt by G.L. Drummond is a sweet novella as well.

On the Steamier side there's Moira Rogers, I'm particular to her Southern Arcana series (starts with Crux), but her Sanctuary series is supposed to be great as well.

Sinful, I have to ask, what is Domme?

message 6: by Crystal (last edited Jan 17, 2011 07:34AM) (new)

Crystal | 162 comments I like Karen Whiddon. Her's are mostly werewolves. Shorter stories but I really liked them. I also like Dana Marie Bell that someone else recommended.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) Domme is a female Dom in BDSM type stories...

Jan wrote: "I like the Halle Shifter series by Dana Marie Bell as well. (Particularly Bear Necessities)

Deadlands Hunt by G.L. Drummond is a sweet novella as well.

On the Ste..."

message 8: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments Got it. Here's my answers to narrow things down.

1. How long do you want it?

I'd prefer full length novels.

2. Series/ doesn't matter/ not series

I don't care if it's a series or not, but I'm trying to read things in order.

3. Steam comfort level. Do you prefer to have little sex?

I don't mind hot sex, but I don't want erotica. Um, the other stuff is making me blush, so let's just say I don't want it.

4. Do you want only to shop from Amazon or will you go to other sites? (you can read them on the kindle too)

Sure, I'd love recs from anywhere. I didn't know there were other places to look. I just got my Kindle.

5. UF/ PNR?

Either.

6. Shifters in the story, only shifters, or the primary hero/heroine is/are shifters?

Primary hero/heroine is/are shifters, please.

7. What have you read and liked and you'd like to find something along those lines?

I absolutely adore the Lykae books by Kresley Cole and I love the Mercy Thompson books, too. More recently, I read Kalayna Price's Haven series. Awesome.

message 9: by Lisa264544 (new)

Lisa264544 | 46 comments Nalini Singh has shifters in her Psy-Changeling series, but not every book has a shifter as the HEA. I think these should be read in order, so probably not what you are looking for since some are non-shifter HEA. Singh is a very talented writer as well as storyteller. First class IMO.

Other series that IMO have good writing with shifters only as at least one of the HEA if not both:
Shelly Laurenston's Pride series
Shelly Laurenston's Magnus series
Rhyannon Byrd's Blood Runners series
Patricai Briggs' Alpha and Omega series
Rhonda Thompson' Wulfs of London series

message 10: by Lisa M (last edited Jan 17, 2011 05:50PM) (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Some but not all of Lori Handeland's Nightcreature (werewolf) books are on the Kindle.
Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3) by Lori Handeland Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8) by Lori Handeland Crescent Moon (Nightcreature, #4) by Lori Handeland Marked By The Moon (Night Creature, #9) by Lori Handeland
I read the rest of the books in paperback, because some of them are sequels to each other. You can find the order of the books at Lori's site. I gave 4-5 stars to each of these books. In each book the hero/heroine may or may not be a werewolf--that's part of the suspense.

Another werewolf series is the Moon Series by Rebecca York. Some of the books are available for the Kindle.
Killing Moon (Moon, #1) by Rebecca York Edge Of The Moon (Moon, #2) by Rebecca York Witching Moon (Moon, #3) by Rebecca York Crimson Moon (Moon, #5) by Rebecca York Shadow of the Moon (Moon, #6) by Rebecca York New Moon (Moon, #7) by Rebecca York Ghost Moon by Rebecca York Eternal Moon by Rebecca York Dragon Moon by Rebecca York
I can only personally recommend the first 4 books of this series. I gave 4 stars to each. The rest are on my TBR list.
Enjoy your Kindle! I LOVE mine!