Pirate Romance discussion

Buddy-Reads > Pirate by Connie Mason

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 550 comments Mod
Devastated by love's betrayal,nearly destroyed by the assassin who took his eye and left him for dead,Guy De Youung was reborn as a man with no name: a pirate. Determined to ruin those who kept him from freedom and his hearts only desire.When his lost love Bliss Grenville,fell into his clutches,the ruthless pirate whisked her off to his island paradise,intent on revenge.Though he had taken her captive, he would not be satisfied until he had her body & soul... Pirate  by Connie Mason Pirate

What did you think of the plot & flow of the story?
What was you favorite scene?
Who was your favorite character?
How would you rate this book?
Please use ****SPOILER ALERT**** when revealing key plot elements.

message 2: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Lots of cheesy slip-ups on pages 113-114... it had me snorting :)

Havent got there yet..only at page 55...slip-ups? from the authors writing? or between Guy(Hunter) & Bliss? Kinda figured the child was still alive..should be interesting when he finds out? I wish I had a scanner ..I love the inside cover!
Arent you glad your Dad didnt "sell" you off to pay his debt's? glad I wasnt born back then ,women sure got a raw deal in life..

message 4: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments There is no inside cover in my edition... now I'm dying to see it!!

Yep, good 'ol dad who "loves" her - great way of showing it!

Guy slip-ups when he is talking to Bliss... he seems to have trouble hiding the "big secret"

message 5: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jan 17, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

Page 111.."Ahoy Matey".."rising at full mast"!! Ok..I think I will always think of this part if a sail is raised in another book..LOL!!!
And she dosent reckonize him?? Im having a hard time buying that...but then he wasnt "described" at the start..so maybe he did change alot..but he has slipped up alot...maybe she's too intent of the full mast *snicker*

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Although I'm not reading the book, I have to add that even during the Great Depression too many kids in a poor family meant some got shipped off to farms that needed extra hands. Happened to my gra..."

Ive heard of that Karla..its always the young'ns that pay the price..in this book the dad went into debt..so heck..sell the daughter why dont you?

message 7: by Karla (new)

Karla Captive Passions also requires turning a massive blind eye to the fact that the hero can't recognize his wife simply because she's wearing a middy blouse and cut-off shorts and manning a pirate ship.

Maybe it's just a pirate thing. :D

Ya..not even at "full mast" does she remember him :)..I hope the author dosent drag it out too long..lets get on with the story...

message 9: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments A quote that had me snorting...

"When I make love... er... take your body"

message 10: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Yeah, the fact that Bliss doesn't recognize Guy because of an eye-patch is a bit unbelievable. I guess it would depend on how old he was when they were first married and how much his hard living pirate ways aged him... so it's possible.. but as you said, she still doesn't remember him at "full mast" LOL

message 11: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments The part that is bugging me most about this book is that fact that Bliss flat out told Guy the truth about everything that happened in the past, while not knowing who Guy is... and yet he still thinks she should be punished? Makes no sense to me.

I agree..a little "head-scatching" isnt it? I wish I could show you the inside cover tho..pooh :(

Ding-Dong the light came on ( not for them..me ) Ive read this book!copyright 1998 & I guess thats why it has an inside cover..but I remember now.. I put the book aside about this point because I was getting annoyed with the she didnt know who he was ( hello?) and he making all the "slips" and she not getting it..I also remember the love struck Tamarah..but not if she causes further problems..I guess I held on to it to try again..we shall see..

message 14: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments This is a typical Mason IMO.. about a 3 star for me. I read these really fast by reading most of the dialogue and scanning the filler. I think my next Mason will be Tender Fury - it's one of her older ones, so I'm hoping for a repeat of Caress and Conquer craziness.

message 15: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jan 17, 2011 06:43PM) (new)

Yeah its about a 3 star for me too..I find I dont care much for Bliss..she seems to easy ( more ways than one) only time she has shown any spark is with the return to Gerald..and it didnt last long. And while Guy is one sexy Pirate..his mood & mind flips around alot..

Well I dont know about you SmittenKitten..but Im getting a little fed up with how long the author has dragged on her not knowing who he is! where about are you? Im just as she's going to Hunters(Guy)home and meeting the boy..

message 17: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Well then you don't have long to wait... :)

I'm just past that part.. H/h are happy together and it appears like the rest of the book will be dedicated to the villain's plans

"Whew"..bout time.. :(

Well...I finished up today SmittenKitten..had some tests at the hospital so I was there a good couple of hours with the book. I liked it better when Bliss FINALLY clicked in and the rest of the story picked up with a satisfying ending..but not for my "keeper shelf" to be sure..:(

message 20: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I finished it yesterday too... I'm still debating between 2 or 3 stars. It wasn't horrible, but I had hirer expectations since it had a real pirate with an eye-patch.. that's the whole reason why I wanted to read it!! Plus, I adore swashbuckling pirate romances and this one missed the mark for sure.

I Agree..the plot/story line concept was good..but there really wasnt much "pirate" stuff going on in it either...a shame..oh well on to another! :)

message 22: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 32 comments I liked the premise of the story, but the writing was less than mediocre.

JennyG wrote: "I liked the premise of the story, but the writing was less than mediocre."

It wasnt one of her best, rather disappointed.