I loved reading these YA books in the 70's or 80's! discussion

Just For Fun > Back in my day...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri S. (new)

Sheri S. (sheaxma) | 88 comments Mod
What did you do or have or how are things different today than when you were a kid growing up in the 70's, 80's or early 90's?

message 2: by Sheri S. (new)

We didn't have cellular or wireless phones and were forced to talk on a phone that only allowed us to walk as far as the cord attached to the wall could stretch!!!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemyhill) I would sit for hours listening to the radio just so I could tape record my favorite songs. Now I just sign in to itunes and I have my favorite songs almost instantly. Times have sure changed! :)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemyhill) Sheri wrote: "We didn't have cellular or wireless phones and were forced to talk on a phone that only allowed us to walk as far as the cord attached to the wall could stretch!!!"

I remember those days! Did you ever have a party line? Lol!

message 5: by Sheri S. (new)

Michelle wrote: "Sheri wrote: "We didn't have cellular or wireless phones and were forced to talk on a phone that only allowed us to walk as far as the cord attached to the wall could stretch!!!"

I remember those ..."

No, no party line, but I remember how exciting it was when call waiting came out!!!!!

message 6: by Sheri S. (new)

Michelle wrote: "I would sit for hours listening to the radio just so I could tape record my favorite songs. Now I just sign in to itunes and I have my favorite songs almost instantly. Times have sure changed! :)"

Ahhhh, the good old tape recorder!!! I guess it would be considered karaoke today, but my friends or sisters and I would play a song on the record player and tape record ourselves singing, gawd we were AWFUL too!

message 7: by April (new)

April (flipflop1117) Back in my day, we left the house after breakfast, came back for lunch, left again, came back for dinner, and then were out until the street lights came on. We were out of the house all day, and only inside on rainy days, where I spent my time reading.

My nephews hardly ever play outside... mostly watch tv or play video games. Such a shame... in the same sense, most parents I know nowadays wouldn't like their kids being gone all day without knowing where they were... so different back then.