Dragon and magic lovers discussion

Writing > "Wall Between Worlds"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 27 comments I wrote this mainly as an experiment. The experiment being to write a story as if one of my dragons (from a series of novels I'm working on, which are not in first person) were telling it.

Also, at the time, inspired by the first two minutes or so of the Disney movie, Dinosaur, I was wondering what it would be like to hatch from an egg.

"Wall Between Worlds"

message 2: by Zsofi (new)

Zsofi (duchess_licorne) | 8 comments Experimental? Yes!!!
Pure awesomeness? Hell yes!!!
I wonder if anyone has tried to imagine breaking out from an egg, or what it would be like being in there, you are a genius! And it feels like, yes, you are so right, that must be how it is!!
Can I give a suggestion? No need to take it though, I just felt perhaps you should stress more how blindingly bright it is once the protagonist breaks out. You had described the darkness and the enclosed space so well, maybe you should contrast it with more description of the sudden light?

message 3: by F.J. (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:27PM) (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 27 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it.

E.E. Knight sort of did something similar in Dragon Avenger, which I didn't discover until early last year. But, he didn't do quite to this extent.

And, thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider it.

message 4: by Zsofi (new)

Zsofi (duchess_licorne) | 8 comments No, truly, thank you for the experience!

I'll look up Dragon Avenger! :)