Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Authors/Writers' Corner > Nollybooks: A New South African Romance press

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Nollybooks is a new publisher based in South Africa (much like Nollywood in the film industry). They are looking for chic-lit romance fiction titles with South African storylines and characters. I know we have some folks interested in chick-lit here and I thought you guys would be interested in this.

http://www.nollybooks.co.za/index.php

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6620 comments Mod
I like a good catcher chick-lit book. I haven't read a black chick-lit book yet.

message 3: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Have you tried Dorothy Koomson yet, Arch? I keep hearing her name thrown about although I've only read part of one of her books. She may be a good inspiration for writing a good MC/IR chick-lit story. :-)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments I have read several of Dorothy Koomson's books (My Best friend's girl & Marshmallows for Breakfast), and they were great. I definitey agree with Rae that she would be good writing inspiration for IR chick-lit.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Oh, I'm going to write a interracial chick-lit. That's one of my challenges for myself. I will do it future down the road though. My story Trespassing has my focus right now.

message 6: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Okie. :-) I look forward to reading it.

postcrdprincess, I keep forgetting to grab more of her books and I think those two are ones I still have to get. Thanks for the reminder. :-D

message 7: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) This new press sounds very interesting! I'm gonna check out the link now.

Arch, I see what you mean about black chick-lit. I've found that some black writers books might fall in the category but they don't label it chick-lit. They seem to just label it AA romance or Urban Fiction. I don't know if they purposely don't go under the Chick Lit label or what but I believe that's why it's so hard to pinpoint these books from black writers.

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

I think they should label chick-lit, chick-lit. I usually can tell a chick-lit, even if it doesn't have the label chick-lick.