The YA Lovers Book Club discussion

Best YA Novels You've Ever Read

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren what are the best novels youve ever read and why. Right now im obsessed with Ghost and the Goth and the Gallagher Girls series.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) The Gallagher Girls books are really good. My current Uber- obsession is with the mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare. I mean i am reallly obsessed with those :) but also read "Anna and French Kiss" the other day and i fell totally in love with it.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ive been dying to read "Anna and the French Kiss" but havent had the time. isnt there supposed to be like a sequel also coming out i though?

message 4: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela (carrotsociety) | 2 comments My fave YA novel at the moment would have to be Vampire academy. I'm in love with Dimitri. Though I have to say the gallagher girl books were good.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I love the Gallagher Girls books

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) Lauren wrote: "ive been dying to read "Anna and the French Kiss" but havent had the time. isnt there supposed to be like a sequel also coming out i though?"

you should definitely look in to it. Im not really sure if there is a sequel, but i do know the author Steph Perkins is working on several new books.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren what is the mortal instrument series about ive heard a ton of people talk about it but never knew what it was all about?

message 8: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 1 comments Vampire academy was one of my favorite series and I don't think i can ever read another vampire-romance series again as all i would do is compare it to vampire academy. Im currently reading You Against Me by Jenny Downham who wrote Before I Die.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) Kyra wrote: "What is "Anna and the French Kiss" about?"

Anna and the french Kiss is about Anna a senior in high school whose father sends her to an American boarding school located Paris France. At first she doesnt want to be there but she soon meets some new friends, including this guy, St. Clair. she ends up falling for him but of corse he is taken.
THe book sounds kinda cliche when you try to summarize it but it is actually remarkably well written and has great character and plot dynamics.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) Lauren wrote: "what is the mortal instrument series about ive heard a ton of people talk about it but never knew what it was all about?"

The mortal Instruments is about a group of "people" known as nephilim. These are the ascendents of angles and these people have devoted their life to protecting the human world from Downworlders (vampires, werewolves, warlocks, ect). At first it can be rather confusing but the characters are amazing (Jace Wayland is the ultimate bad boy crush)

message 11: by Kogiopsis (new)

Kogiopsis Best YA novels ever?
Wow, difficult question.
Of 2010, I'd say Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken and Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. The former is a really sweet fantasy/romance novel, and the latter is the third book in a seriously dark SF trilogy. So I guess of that series I'd have to reccomend the first, The Knife Of Never Letting Go, to anyone looking for that kind of difficult fare.
Outside of 2010... hmm. The first that comes to mind is Sabriel by Garth Nix, about a young woman who's a very interesting kind of necromancer. And also worth mentioning is a classic, Howl's Moving Castle, whose protagonist is turned into an old woman by an evil witch and taken in by a wizard who supposedly eats hearts. If you haven't read it, you should. If you have, you need to see the Miyazaki film.

message 12: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela (carrotsociety) | 2 comments Anila wrote: "Best YA novels ever?
Wow, difficult question.
Of 2010, I'd say Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken and Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. The former is a really sweet fantasy/romance novel, and th..."

I've always loved sabriel. It is an EPIC novel. And I have to admit I do love Mortal instruments as well. It has a really interesting spin on mythology.

message 13: by Cia (new)

Cia (chairmanmeow222) | 2 comments The mortal instruments and like heaps more!!!

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin I LOVE the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater (Shiver, Linger, and Forever). I also love The Host by Stephenie Meyer, but I don't know if that is considered YA or not though. I also loved Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara (o8b3) | 1 comments my favorite are the mortal instruments, gallagher girls, and hunger games series they are very good:)

message 16: by Truly Bookish (new)

Truly Bookish | 2 comments My favorite YA novels of 2010 were Birthmarked by Caragh o'Brien, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, Paranormalcy by Kirsten White and Firelight by Sophie Jordan. All these books have sequels coming out this year, I can't wait!
NC
http://trulybookish.blogspot.com/

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Truly Bookish wrote: "My favorite YA novels of 2010 were Birthmarked by Caragh o'Brien, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, Paranormalcy by Kirsten White and Firelight by Sophie Jordan. All these books have sequels coming out t..."

i LOVED Nevermore by Kelly Creagh another AMAZING book was Halo by Alexandra Adornetto the sequel is coming out August of this year i cannot wait!!!

message 18: by Cammie Morgan (new)

Cammie Morgan (katelync) | 1 comments hmmm....best...that's hard....I loved the luxe series, and I think Ann Rinaldi is a really good author. Sooo many books. To little time!!!!! ;)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments The Hunger Games

message 20: by N (new)

N (normalnight1978) My absolute favorite? I can't select just one...hm...well I've always loved Percy Jackson. I NEVER get tired of reading that series. 13 Reasons Why, The Book Theif, The Name of This Book is a Secret, and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet definitely rank in my top ten.

message 21: by Perla (new)

Perla Anything by Sarah Dessen and John Green. The vampire academy, gallagher girls series, percy jackson, and of course harry potter

message 22: by sparky (new)

sparky | 1 comments darkest power's series.

harry potter is a given.

message 23: by trevie (new)

trevie (treviereads) | 2 comments Buford high series

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

White Oleander by Janet Fitch
AMAZING!

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i just finished reading Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg and absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! it was amazing. the novel is a modern version of Pride and Prejudice and just as good i read the entire thing in 2 hours and want to reread it right now. I recommend this book to everyone who likes quick read amazing ya books with a happy ending

message 26: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 1 comments the demon trappers!

and the hunger games and star crossed - and Im hoping one day people will write the novel I have written as one of their favourite ya books!