Q&A with David Levithan discussion

Day in the Life

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christiana (new)

Christiana (christylouwho) Hi David!
I love your work so much! I'm amazed at how many books you've had come out recently with Will Grayson, Will Grayson AND Dash and Lily's Book of Dares AND Lover's Dictionary. What does a usual day look like for you that you are able to get so much accomplished?

message 2: by David (new)

David Levithan | 22 comments Hi Christiana,

Well, it depends on whether it's a weekday or a weekend. On a weekday, I spend most of my day at Scholastic, where I work (very happily) as an editor on other people's books. Most of my writing happens on weekends, when I can wake up, take a shower, and go straight to the computer to see what my mind's been cooking up while I've been otherwise occupied. One of the reasons I appear to be more prolific than most is because of the collaborations I do -- I have to say, writing a book with someone else is much easier and much quicker than writing a solo book. So that helps.

Thanks for the question!
/:) David

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Hopping Hi David-I'm curious to know how you switch from editor brain to writer brain so easily. I started out as a magazine editor at Scholastic--and still do some editing here and there--but find I'm happiest when I'm writing. It feels like a whole different, exhilarating experience but tougher mindset to enter. Do you prefer one or the other?