Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Goodreads First Reads Giveaway ...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments I have looked all over the GR site for the answer to my question ... I hope that I'm not the 50th person to ask this, but does anyone know why on the giveaway page for the books that sometimes it doesn't show a description of the book at the top of the page and it is only with the giveaway info? Today I copied the info from that lower description box to the top of the page - where it's supposed to be - and now I'm wondering if I'm doing the wrong thing ... I don't want to make more work for someone ... but surely it can't be right the way that it was ... if someone could please let me know - these missing descriptions were the main reason for me to apply for the librarian status ... Thanks a bunch!

message 2: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 595 comments If I'm understanding your question correctly, some new or yet to be released books are missing a description, but have a description under the First Reads Giveaway feature. If that is true, I see no reason you shouldn't copy the information into the description box, assuming it's a valid description.

If the book is a "placeholder" the publisher-approved description will show up when the book is official imported from Amazon or B&N.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments Thank you so much! This perfectly answers my question. I didn't really word it well in the original post - but thanks for understanding my gibberish!