The 104 Book Challenge - 2011 discussion

Hannah's 2011 reads

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) Hi, my name is Hannah. I am really looking forward to this challenge, although I don't know if I can read 104.

I have read so far

1.)Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

2.) Stardust

3.) Shopgirl

message 2: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 149 comments Did you like Stardust Hannah... I listened to it as an audiobook and it was read by Neil Gaiman... he is a fantastic narrator!

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) I didn't, actually. I was soo excited to read it, but it was so different from the movie, which is on my top of my favorite movies. I am sure his voice makes the book exciting.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) 6.) Sense and Sensibility
By far one of, if not the one, favorites I have read so far this year. Originally I thought Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen was my favorite by her, but Sense and Sensibility is very close.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 104 comments Hannah wrote: "6.) Sense and Sensibility
By far one of, if not the one, favorites I have read so far this year. Originally I thought Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen was my favorite by her, but Sense ..."

Oh, I love Austen. Have you read all of her books?
Sense and Sensibility is my third favourite after Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion.

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) Elizabeth, the only one I still need to read is Mansfield Park. Persuasion used to be my 2nd after I read Northanger Abbey, but now it is number three.

Have you read all of them?

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 104 comments Yes - I have, actually, and some of them many times. They never lose their appeal. :)

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 104 comments Hey! I read A Woman Killed with Kindness and Edward the Second in a Non-Shakespearean class in university. What did you think of them? Maybe I should re-read them...

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 104 comments Oops! I should have looked before I asked. I just saw that you gave A Woman Killed with Kindness two stars. I guess that about sums that up!

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) :) I had to read it for a class on Medieval and Renaissance Drama. Edward the Second was boring to me. It took forever and I still didn't get into it. The 1992 movie was great though! I loved the take it had on the play. A Woman killed with Kindness was a tad bit better. I say, if you would like to re-read any of them, read A Woman Killed with Kindness.

message 17: by Hannah (new)

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) 15.) Something Borrowed

I loved loved loved this! Read it in six hours on my nook. I'm sad it is over. May read Something Blue.

message 20: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 58 comments Just bought it last night to read. I was hoping it was good.

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) Tiffani,

I have never been a huge fan of "chick lit" however it is easily going to get five stars. Soooo good.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) 20.) The Last Little Blue Envelope Four stars (almost 5). It was everything a good, long awaited squeal should read like. Totally recommended,both books!

message 28: by Hannah (new)

message 29: by Alex (new)

Alex | 34 comments Hannah wrote: "6.) Sense and Sensibility
By far one of, if not the one, favorites I have read so far this year. Originally I thought Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen was my favorite by her, but Sense ..."

what about Pride and Prejudice?

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) Not a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice. It is good, but not my all time favorite.

message 31: by Alex (new)

Alex | 34 comments
o well. what did u think of Mansfield Park?

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) That is the one I need to read. I read the other five full novels. I actually did my thesis on one of Austen's novel.

message 35: by Hannah (new)