Science & Religion discussion

Beyond Religion and Science

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nash (new)

Nash Khatri (nashkhatri) | 4 comments In my book "Thinking Is Authorized!", I focus on stepping beyond both the religion and science paradigms to ponder the great mysteries of life and the universe.

The concept of "Lack or Time and Space"(LTS)is perhaps the most crucial idea I introduce in the book in the sense that science and its time-space-constrained tools provide singularities as they approach LTS. The key challenge is to show willingness to acknowledge the idea of LTS and to not extend what applies or makes sense in the time-space-confined universe into the LTS.

Feel free to view my "LTS" video when you get a chance, and you'll get a feel for what I'm talking about ...

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 8 comments Your book sounds interesting to me. If you'd like a review, check out www.dubiousdisciple.com.

message 3: by Nash (new)

Nash Khatri (nashkhatri) | 4 comments Hello Lee, and thanks for responnding. Did you get a chance to read some book excerpts (link is at the book website: www.ThinkingIsAuthorized.com)? Do you review books as a hobby? Note that my book, though less than 100 pages, is certainly not a fast read.

message 4: by Lee (last edited Jan 17, 2011 04:32PM) (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 8 comments I viewed only "God and Santa." I only needed a minute to know yours was a perspective I would be interested in reading. I know it's a couple years old now, but since I'd never heard of it, it may need a boost.

Yes, I review books about religion as a hobby. Reviews are shuffled from my blog to twitter, linkedin and facebook followers, and just started reposting on Amazon and GoodReads.

Up to you, of course! You would send to Lee Harmon, 4942 Birch Lake Circle, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. (If anyone else is reading this, please contact me with a short description before just sending books my way!)

www.dubiousdisciple.com
www.thewayithappened.com

message 5: by Nash (new)

Nash Khatri (nashkhatri) | 4 comments I will mail you a copy tomorrow, 1/18, (the "Beyond Religion and Science" version, which was released in April '09). Note that I do not pick religion over science or vice versa - as such, my views are certainly not main stream. Just a heads up ...

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 8 comments excellent! I look forward to it.

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 8 comments Hi Nash, your book has arrived in perfect timing, as I just finished another. I'm perhaps halfway through.

I confess frustration with the notorious "chapter 3". It is either too long or too short for me, and I am unsure which. :)

message 8: by Nash (new)

Nash Khatri (nashkhatri) | 4 comments Seems like you are making good progress. Ch 3 will seem too long if you already get the point, and too short if you don't (ha!)The notion of LTS is the key ...

message 9: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 8 comments very interesting concept, one I'm not likely to forget anytime soon! thank you for the opportunity to review!

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan Chance (OLDREAMER) | 1 comments Being a science fiction fan (Star Trek mostly) your topic caught my eye. Like you I also ponder spiritual implications of scientific questions and if you have a minute for a detour you may enjoy http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8... which explores the difficulty of Christians trying to live in both the physical and the spiritual world.