YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Night Huntress > Halfway to the Grave (book1)

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost by Jeaniene Frost

goodreads summary-Flirting with the grave...
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm going on the record as saying that I had nothing to do with this. Not this time anyway.

(still loving the series though)

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yay!!

message 4: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol i got a bunch of requests to add this series like 10 or so lol so i just went ahead and made a folder for it :)

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I think I was one lol . At least we'll stop taking over the what are you reading thread now.

message 6: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 14, 2011 03:42PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Unless someone says they're reading it and then I might be all AHHHH YES!!!

There can never be enough Bones love, the same as there can never be enough Jace love.

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah true so it might happen.

message 8: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 14, 2011 03:43PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It should happen. Everyone should read NH. Unless you're Miranda, then I can't allow it for at least 3 more years. I feel like her mom.

message 9: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Everyone over the age of say 16.

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison | 234 comments Oh Lordy, I'm not sure even 16 is old enough. Crimeny I think I'm showing my age now *grins* Can we make it over the age of 17. I don't know why but it just sounds older :-)

This is a great series and thanks to Stacia and Carina for pummeling it into me enough to give it a go.

message 11: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) 17 it is then! xDD

message 12: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments I LOVE THIS BOOK!
if I saw Bones in a bar just like Cat i might stutter for asking him such a bold question.(you guys know what that was) lol.

message 13: by Carina (new)

Carina Yup! Haha, I think I was blushing the whole time Joanna!

message 14: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Hes so yummy.

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im super excited that this is our book for MArch!!! i have been wanting to read it!!

message 16: by Carina (new)

Carina I know right! Im so glad that there's gonna be tons of new people reading this!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) And blushing like crazy.

message 18: by Carina (new)

Carina Haha totally!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The comment that Cat makes when she first meets Bones is pretty out there. You almost think the book is going to be rated R right at that moment, but then nothing happens.

message 20: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

is this book pretty R rated?? i know its adult so i know there must be some sex but is it like OMG sexified or just sexy??

message 21: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "is this book pretty R rated?? i know its adult so i know there must be some sex but is it like OMG sexified or just sexy??"

OMG sexified..kinda.

message 22: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol im sooo excited to read it (not because of the sex but cuz it looks awesome!!)

message 23: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "lol im sooo excited to read it (not because of the sex but cuz it looks awesome!!)"

It is reeeallly good!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yes and no? I mean there's a pretty detailed sex scene in there but it isn't sex all the way through the book or anything. There's a lot of plot/storyline and quite a bit of humor too.

message 25: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im sooo stoked to read this!!!! it looks awesome!!

message 26: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "im sooo stoked to read this!!!! it looks awesome!!"

It is!!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I'm actually pretty stoked about reading this next month. =]

message 28: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

right!! it looks sooo good!!!

message 29: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) You guys will enjoy it I reckon!!

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) You'll love it! I was missing out and then Britnee and Stacia kept talking about Bones and I had to see what all the fuss was about! And I was NOT disappointed one single bit!

Its a great story line, loads of action, loads of humor and just about the right about of detail in the sex scenes that won't gross you out. Gets ya hot, but doesn't gross you out.

message 31: by Joy (new)

Joy | 13 comments I just finished reading this, it was SO good I absolutely loved it

message 32: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Tegan wrote: "I just finished reading this, it was SO good I absolutely loved it"

yay!!

message 33: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Artemis wrote: "im sooo stoked to read this!!!! it looks awesome!!"

It amazing! You'll enjoy. I love Bones!!!

message 34: by Catherine (last edited May 24, 2011 11:41PM) (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Everyone told me to read this book & I just never took the time. I thought it was going to be boring & a sort of Harlequin Romance or something with vampires. But I finally gave in & read it & I'm amazed & in love! With both Cat & Bones... Thank you guys for recommending it so often!

message 35: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yay Catherine! its great

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I even got a friend a copy & now she's in love with it. Yay. I love to get people into books I love.

message 37: by brittany (last edited May 24, 2011 11:43PM) (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm so glad you like it! And that your friend likes it! Well, who wouldn't!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Just wait til u get to One Foot in the Grave One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost . Ch 32 is infamous:)

message 39: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Chapter 32! lol . Definitely better than 21 of book 5

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

although Ch. 21 was good, i have to agree that 32 was just HAWT!!!

message 41: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) It was!

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Carolyn wrote: "Just wait til u get to One Foot in the GraveOne Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost. Ch 32 is infamous:)"

Ahhh! As soon as I'm done reading Morganville Vampires (I have 4.5 books to go...), I'm reading One Foot In The Grave!

message 43: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I need to re-read Night Huntress so bad

message 44: by Blakeney (new)

Blakeney | 1 comments Oh my gosh!!..{I'm the friend} and Now I'm obsessed THANKS CAT!!! I can't wait to read One Foot in the Grave:)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Britnee wrote: "Chapter 32! lol . Definitely better than 21 of book 5"

Agree.

message 46: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Blakeney wrote: "Oh my gosh!!..{I'm the friend} and Now I'm obsessed THANKS CAT!!! I can't wait to read One Foot in the Grave:)"

Hehehe... You are very welcome Blake. <3

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Halfway to the Grave (other topics)
One Foot in the Grave (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeaniene Frost (other topics)