Warrior Cats » The Allegiances discussion

General information > Clan terms

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madhins (last edited Feb 26, 2011 10:41AM) (new)

Madhins   | 574 comments Mod

Warrior glossary:
As a warrior there are some terms and insults you should be aware of, they are known well among the clans and you should be fully prepared to encounter them.

Time/Seasons

• Leaf-bare - the season of winter

• Newleaf - the season of spring

• Greenleaf - the season of summer

• Leaf-fall - the season of autumn

• Quarter-moon - a week

• Moon - a 28-day period (one full moon to another), about
month

• Moonhigh - the point at night the moon is highest, usually at midnight

• Sunhigh - 12 o'clock p.m., noo

Measurement

• Mouselength- roughly an inch

• Kittenstep - less than an inch

• Rabbitlength/Taillength - roughly a foot

• Foxlength - roughly a yard

Ranks/Names

• Leader - the cat who leads a Clan the most powerful cat in a Clan; has nine lives and name always ends in star, leads the clan and performs ceremonies.

• Deputy - Like a secondary leader to the clan—a warrior with special privileges that is higher than all cats except for his leader and the medicine cat.

• Medicine cat - a cat who is trained specifically in the ways of healing, they're the closest to Starclan.

• Warrior - full members of the clan, a cat trained in the ways of combat; warriors defend, hunt for, and fight for their Clan

• Apprentice - A cat of six moons or older, in training to become a warrior. Name always ends in paw.

• Queen - a she-cat expecting or nursing kits

• Kit - kittens; cats of six moons or younger, name always end in kit, except for the exception of a few "crazies."

• Elder - Warriors that have retired as a result of a disability or old age.

• Kittypet - a house cat; the term can also be used as
an insult

• Loner - a cat that peacefully lives on its own in one place, but doesn't defend its territory, a loner is neither owned by humans or part of a Clan

• Rogue - a potentially hostile cat that lives outside the clans, and never stays too long in one place

• Twoleg - the clans name for humans

• Housefolk - A kittypet's name for its human.

• Nofurs - another name for a human

• Upwalkers - another name for humans

Common terms

• Fresh-kill - freshly caught prey

• Crowfood - rotting, dead prey

• Gathering - a meeting that the Clans hold in peace when the moon is at its fullest

• Thunderpath - a road, more specifically, a highway

• Monster - a human vehicle (cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc)

• Tree-Eater - bulldozer.

• Sharing Tongues - a term used to describe cats grooming each other.

Places

• Halfbridge - a dock/pier

• Twoleg nest - a human house

• Twolegplace - a human town/city

• Sun-Drown-Place - The sea to the west, where the sun sets.

• Greenleaf Twolegplace - a place where humans visit
only in the summer (a resort, etc)

• Horseplace - Fields and stables near the lake where the half-tamed cats live.

Clan insults

• Crowfood - A (harsh) insult comparing the recipient to rotting prey animals.

• Foxdung - A (harsh) insult comparing the recipient to fox feces. Also used as an exclamation (i.e.: That's foxdung!).

• Hedgehogs will fly - An exclamation style statement that shows disbelief that a certain event will likely occur (i.e.: That will happen when hedgehogs fly.) used in many variations. Somewhat like When pigs fly!

• You fight like a kittypet! - a expression used to make fun of a way someone fights.

• Mouse-brain - A (friendly-harsh) insult. Severity of the insult is almost always decided by tone.

• Mousedung - A (somewhat harsh) insult comparing the recipient to mouse feces. Also used as an exclamation (i.e.: Mousedung! That can't be right!). Somewhat like how we say "darn it!".

• Fox-hearted - An insult meaning cruel, cold-hearted, or evil (i.e. fox-hearted Twolegs).

• Sorry catches no prey or Sorry fills no bellies - Means you can say sorry, but that will not undo what happened.

• Bees in your brain - An exclamation style statement meaning a confused or a cat not making sense (i.e Have bees swarmed in your brain?).

• I don't give a mousetail - An exclamation meaning that the cat does not care. Another variation is I would ____ for a couple of moustails meaning that they are willing to do the inserted action for no real reward.

• Great StarClan! - An exclamation used to signify extreme surprise or anger. Similar to Oh my god! in usage and to the fact that they both have mention of a higher force.

Stupid/lazy furball/bossy furball - An insult meaning dim-witted.

Medicine Cat terms

• Greencough - A severe chest infection that can be fatal to elders and young kits

• Whitecough - A mild chest infection.

• Moonstone, Moonpool - a place where medicine cats and leaders meet and share dreams with StarClan

• Silverpelt - the large swath of stars in the sky; StarClan is represented by Silverpelt

• Starclan - the home of our starry ancestors

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) May I use this for another group I'm in? I'll give it proper recognition and sources.