O. W. L. S. : Occupations for Wizards and witches Looking for Something to do discussion

Hogwarts Classes > Advanced Charms (Years Five-Seven)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Olivia (oerose) | 1252 comments Mod
((Only for people serious about charms, k?))

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Professor Riley Weston entered the Charms classroom, and gave a sigh of content, for he was finally home.

message 3: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Jan 22, 2011 11:28AM) (new)

Nyx grinned when she saw that. She lived at Hogwarts year round (even in summer) because her sister was Headmistress. The only time she went out to the Muggle world was on short field trips with her sister. Their parents were killed when Nyx was 14, so she and her sister had no reason to ever leave. To her, the idea of being away from Hogwarts and being relieved to be back was almost comical.

message 4: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Rachel (BusterBrownBay) | 622 comments Mod
Erin drummed her fingers on her desk, eager to start. Being a rather fast paced person, she wanted to get going. Now that she was a 5th year and her sister Tesseract was a 4th year, she didn't have many classes with her sister. Something she wasn't really used to.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

" Okay class... Welcome to my Charms Class. As you probably know by now, I am Professor Weston and I will be teaching both Beginning and Advanced Charms classes. Now, I'd like to begin by stating my guidelines.
1. I have no tolerance for disrespectful behavior towards myself or fellow students (you ought to even respect yourself)
2. NO SLACKERS
3. NO YAWNING (my class is not boring, folks, if you have a good attitude about it you might just enjoy it)
4. NO BEING BORING
5. PAY ATTENTION AND YOU SHALL SUCCEED
6. PARTICIPATE (Don't be shy, I won't bite)
7. IF IN DOUBT, ASK EITHER MYSELF OR MY TRUSTY ASSISTANT (Isabella) BARTOWSKI FOR HELP ON ANYTHING (proper charm work, spells, etc.)
8. NO DAYDREAMING (that's lame, kids)
9. WANNA BE A SUCK UP? BRING ME SOME BUTTERBEER.
10. BE AWESOME!

message 6: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin's jaw dropped at he butter bear comment

message 7: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx beamed. She was going to have an awesome Charms year.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 15, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

"Alright. To begin the lesson, who can tell me of a relatively basic charms spell that they are familiar with?" Weston asked the class.

message 9: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Ravenclaw
"Um... Pericculum?" said Nyx, referring to the charm to shoot sparks out of a wand.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 21, 2011 08:48PM) (new)

"Well done! 5 points for Ravenclaw!" Weston congratulated.

message 11: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin raised her hand "um.... I'm not 100% sure this is a charm but.... sonorus?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"No reason to be unsure Erin, because you are exactly right! And for extra points, can you tell me the effects of the spell?" Replied Weston.

message 13: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin smiled in certainty. "It amplifies your voice, Professor Weston."

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Excellent! 10 points for Gryffindor!" Congratulated Weston.

message 15: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 14 comments Naomi ran into class and took a seat at the back of the room and pulled out her charms book

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 17, 2011 08:26PM) (new)

Weston noticed this action. 'Naomi, why are you late?" He rhetorically asked. "No matter, as long as you brought some butterbeer!" He joked.

message 17: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin gave a small chuckle.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, now that we've discussed some basic spells and principles, let's move on to the fun stuff, shall we?

Weston hesitated for a moment, then said "Who can tell me what the Obliviate charm is all about?"

message 19: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin raised her hand. "i believe it has to do with erasing one's memory." she said.

((Palmtree I'm banging my head on the desk out of boredom. cuz i finished my essay and I'm bored. idk why I'm telling you this. XD))

message 20: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 14 comments Naomi looked at the teacher as if he were insane

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"Excellent Erin! 15 points to Gryffindor! Now, Obliviate is not to be confused with the False Memory Charm. Can anyone tell me why that is? Or in other words tell me the difference between Obliviate (Memory Charm) and the False Memory Charm (actual name unknown)." Professor Weston stated.

message 22: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"The Obiliviate charm erases a memory. The False Memory Charm replaces it with a fake one," said Nyx.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 03:17PM) (new)

"Correct! Weston congratulated. "15 points for Ravenclaw. Now, remember folks, I'm not always going to be this generous with points, because, as we all know, that would be way too easy, this is just because it's the first lesson, and I'm feeling rather cheery today. So take advantage of it while it lasts! Anyway... moving on. Who can name a legendary witch or wizard that used the False Memory Charm Spell?"

message 24: by Adam (new)

Adam | 12 comments Just then, Adam entered the class, books spilling out of his bag. "Sorry I'm late, Professor," he said. He nodded towards the class.

message 25: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx rolled her eyes. Adam was an extremely annoying slacker. She had hoped he was going to ditch class today, but no such luck.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, better late than never." Weston replied. "Please have a seat."

message 27: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"Um... the question, Professor?" prompted Nyx.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

"Yes, thank you Nyx." Weston replied. "Who can answer the question I asked before Mr. Adam here created a distraction?"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlie walked in with his arms swinging to his sides, his book bag swept over his shoulder, looking dashing. "Sorry Professor. Had to take care of some business." He said, chuckling.

message 30: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"What kind of business?" asked Nyx suspiciously.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 17, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

"Well, OBVIOUSLY, it's none of your business." He replied with a wicked grin.

message 32: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx rolled her eyes.

message 33: by Adam (new)

Adam | 12 comments Adam asked, "What was the question?"

message 34: by Sammy (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:38AM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Suddenly, a zebra walked in. After a few seconds of silence, its eyes widened in realization. It trotted out of the classroom, and then Odetta strolled in. "Oh, sorry, Proffessor, I was practicing my animagus form and I lost track of time..." she suddenly looked embarrassed. "I umm... brought some butterbeer if that makes it any better..."

message 35: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx's jaw dropped. So THAT was who she had seen earlier.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Excellent! Your tardiness is entirely excused." Weston replied with a grin.

message 37: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta smiled and handed Professor Weston a bottle of butterbeer, then sat down at a vacant desk. She looked down at her feet, and realized that she left her shoes in the Room of Requirement! "Accio shoes," Odetta whispered quietly.

message 38: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta's purple converse shoes came flying though the doorway, much faster than she had planned. They were going in the wrong direction, too, straight at Weston! "Look out, Proffessor!" she called.

message 39: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Feb 20, 2011 06:30PM) (new)

Nyx gasped. "Oh my god!"

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 20, 2011 07:34PM) (new)

Upon hearing Odetta's last minute warning, Weston pulled out his wand, aimed it at the shoes flying towards his face and shouted "Depulso!" having a certain location in mind. The shoes vanished into thin air, and a moment later they appeared on Odetta's desk. "Lesson of the day, folks, be ready for anything... Odetta, try to be more careful next time."

message 41: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta grimaced as she started putting on her shoes. "Sorry..." she mumbled. That was so embarrassing! Couldn't she at least perform a simple Accio charm? First the zebra incedent, now this. She finished lacing up her shoes and sank down quietly in her chair.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Alright, back to business, who can name a famous legendary witch or wizard that knowingly performed the false memory charm spell?" Weston asked, getting back on the lesson's topic.

message 43: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) ((Gryffindor))

Odetta raised her hand. "Hermione Granger did before she left on the journey with Ron Weasley and Harry Potter to defeat Voldemort," she explained. "She used it on her mum and dad to make them think that they never had a daughter, and they were living out their life long dream of going to Australia."

message 44: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"I remember now. She was awesome! Hey, did she ever find her parents and reverse the charm?" she asked.

message 45: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "Umm... I don't know," said Odetta thoughtfully. "If it was me, I sure would't! I'd let them live their awesome lives in Australia while I run away to live in Zonko's Jokeshop basement!" She thought for a moment, then added, "Could you imagine all the free pranks? Much funnier than turning into a zebra all the time!"

message 46: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"Oh, wow..." said Nyx. She rolled her eyes, but felt the awful sensation of grief even as she said it. Odetta didn't know what she was saying, didn't know what it was like...

message 47: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "Okay," admitted Odetta. "I'd probably get homesick at some point and try to find my parents in Australia... Or if that didn't work out, I could always go to Africa and live with a herd of zebras...Hmmm... That could be pretty fun, as long as I don't get mauled by a lion or something..."

message 48: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"That would suck," said Nyx, nodding.

message 49: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "Yeah, but the worst part would be if someone went looking for me. All zebras look the same, and when they're in a herd, they blend in together! I would be impossible to find!" said Odetta, now fully grinning.

message 50: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"TECHNICALLY all zebras look different. Or so they say," said Nyx.

« previous 1 3