O. W. L. S. : Occupations for Wizards and witches Looking for Something to do discussion

Hogwarts Classes > Care of Magical Creatures

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Jan 13, 2011 07:07PM) (new)

Olivia (oerose) | 1252 comments Mod
((For students in all years.))

message 2: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Rachel (BusterBrownBay) | 622 comments Mod
((omg yay!!))

professor Noon smiled and gave a welcoming smile "why HELLO class, any guesses at what we are going to do today?"

message 3: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx raised her hand, "Learn about magical creatures," she said confidentially.

message 4: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Professor noon gave a small chuckle "yes, very good. And I have a firm belief that rather than TELLING you what you should expect from this class....." she backed up and tapped the large cage under a tarp behind her "I'm going to SHOW you."

message 5: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

This little speech caused some whispering among the students.

message 6: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "I-is it some sort of p-pixie or fairy under t-there?" Logan asked nervously.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Relax Logan, I doubt it would be anything TOO extreme. Besides anything of THAT sort is beyond the guidelines for demonstrations, or in my words, too legitimate for this class." Stated Carley with a sinister smirk.

message 8: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "O-o-okay," Logan said, "Th-then what i-is it?"

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 14, 2011 03:43PM) (new)

"I suppose we'll just have to find out." Carley said.

message 10: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

professor Noon flashed her eyes at Carley before addressing the entire class "I am also a firm believer that sometimes you have to start with the extreme and and then go back to the basics..." She then proceeded to rip the tarp off the giant crate, revealing a huge manticore, currently asleep

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

((Rachel, get on facebook! by the way allison k is gonna make an account on good reads))

message 12: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((omg yay! k i'll get on right now))

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Carley rolled her eyes... clearly she wasn't impressed.

message 14: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Professor Noon simply ignored her "of course, He seems to be taking a nap, so you can't get a very good looked at him. let's wake him up, shall we?" Noon reached her hand into the cage, and twisted the manticore's right ear. The manticore leapt up, giving a huge roar showing all three rows of teeth. His scorpion tail slammed itself against the back of the cage, creating a horrible banging sound in time with the roar. "if ever need of waking a manticore, just twist his right ear." she said

message 15: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx stepped back, "Uh, I don't think waking it is necessary, Professor," she said nervously.

message 16: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Noon smiled "don't worry, the cage is enchanted. and if you need to pull a manticore into unconsciousness, just twist their left ear." She walked to the other side of the cage. "So who can tell me what they know about manticores?"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Carley raised her hand...
"Well, they have three rows of sharp pointed teeth, scorpion tails, human heads, and red tiger like bodies." She stated matter-of-factly.

message 18: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((wonder where you learned THAT palmtree XDD))

"very good" said Professor noon. "5 points for slytherin." she pulled an unidentifiable hunk of meat out of a bucket and tossed it to the manticore(who began to eat it quite viscously). "The research of today will tell us that manticores have been known to eat people, but only naive people who don't know what they are doing. So there are things you should know about them. For instance, never, EVER in the presence of a manticore, insult it. If you were to meet a wild manticore, it is extremely likely that it will try to eat you, but if you insult it, the manticore will take the time to make your death excruciating." ((woooow sorry its so long XD))

message 19: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Tesseract nudged Carley, "good job." she whispered

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hmm, think I could put up a fight with a manticore, Tesse?" Carley asked quietly.

message 21: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Tesse looked back and forth between Carley and the manticore "maaaybe.....with my help." both girls started cracking up.

message 22: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Noon, hearing this, said "now let's see what happens when we get rid of this cage, shall we?.." she raised her wand...

((dont worry, i have a plan for this XDD))

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((Well, by all means carry on with the plan!))

message 24: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin hissed at her sister. "look what you've done now!!" suddenly the cage was gone, and the manticore was standing among the students.

((now someone else add to it!! how do your characters react?))

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Many of the first years huddled together trembling from fear, while Carley and Tesse were simply laughing.

Danielle Foxx spoke up. "Please, Professor Noon, can't you see the effect this is having on the first years? Just ignore the Slytherins," Foxx gestures to Carley and Tesse, "and put these kids out of harm's way. By all means, give the Slytherins detentions if you'd like, but don't take it out on the innocent ones."

message 26: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((rofl i dont know why this is amusing))

"this is simply another lesson" Noon said, "if necessary, a manticore will back away if you get another creature to help. a Griffin, to be specific."
"GEARCLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she called, and a huge griffin swooped down and landed between the manticore and the students.

message 27: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

At this, Nyx screamed, even though she was a sixth year Ravenclaw and should have known better. And so, the maticore went for her first. "Wingardium Leviosa!" she yelled.

message 28: by Logan (last edited Jan 18, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Everybody run!" Logan said, taking out his wand. "Get to protected ground!"

message 29: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

The griffin slammed into the manticore, and they became a jumble of snarls and claws. Professor noon ran around, and jumped onto the manticore's back. On his back! She grabbed its left ear and twisted it. The manticore slammed to the ground, completely unconscious. Professor noon turned to her completely shocked class. "so, from what we just witnessed, what did we just learn?"

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Manticores can be very dangerous if a certain amount of caution is not taken, and by twisting a manticore's left ear it will go into unconsciousness... oh, and most of the first years in this class are wimps." Carley of Slytherin retorted.

message 31: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Cecilia turned slightly to Carley. "that's not very nice...... Isn't it Tesseract?" Tessa turned her head to the sky and whistled. "um....so that's a griffin?"

message 32: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx was only just recovering from he own little, ah, INCIDENT, so she missed most of which the other students said. "What?" she said.

message 33: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

"gryffin." Erin said "as in gryffindor."

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) ((alm years, all houses?))

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

((yep))

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) (( Uhm i know why you find this amusing!))

Shaye stood apart from all of the action and observed quietly, unnoticed by most. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to analyze everyones actions and reactions, and almost brought attention to herself my laughing at the uproar.

message 37: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((why do YOU think it is amusing? because it is XDD))

Cecelia raised her hand, "are we learning about manticores and griffins in the same lesson?"

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hint: Have Noon Respond ;)))

message 39: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((oh well I'm dumbXD))

Noon smiled. "yes. Who can tell me what the know about griffins?"

message 40: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"They can save you from manticores," said Nyx.

((I tried to to a manticore cave drawing for art class lol but it turned into an owl...))

message 41: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((lol you like to draw?))

Professor Noon gave a breezy laugh "yes, that is certainly true, but I ment something a bit more informative."

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) ((no YOU found that amusing because...are you going to make me say it on a public website??))

message 43: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Rachel wrote: "((lol you like to draw?))

Professor Noon gave a breezy laugh "yes, that is certainly true, but I ment something a bit more informative.""

((No, I honestly would have rather review fractions then what the "art docents" made us do. The stuff we made was supposed to look like cave paintings, but we colored them in with Crayola markers!))

"Oh, well, I got nothin'" replied Nyx.

message 44: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((oh lol)) ((to Elizabeth: rofl its because you think I'm evil?))

((i'm going to wait for somebody to answer the question XD))

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 21, 2011 04:02PM) (new)

Carley raised her hand to answer the question. "The Griffin originated in Greece. It has the front legs, wings and head of a giant eagle, and the body and hind legs of a lion. The main diet of the Griffin is raw meat. Griffins are often used by Wizards as guards, and are known as fierce creatures. However, despite this, skilled Wizards have been able to befriend them. Like Sphinxes, Griffins are used by Wizards who need treasure guarding."

((Oh, how I love Harry Potter wikia!))

message 46: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((LOL))

message 47: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((holy mother of ra. Props to you palmtree for taking the time to search that!))

Professor noon gave an ecstatic grin. "very good Carley! 15 points for slytherin! It's a wonder that your not in ravenclaw...."

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 10:26PM) (new)

"Well as you probably know, I have the unmistakable personality of a Slytherin and it also must have something to do with my being a Pureblood. There's no denying I'm smart enough for Ravenclaw, but was it meant for me? No." Carley explained.

((It only took me like a second to find it. Kudos to Google!))

message 49: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Nice))

Nyx rolled her eyes.

message 50: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

"yes well... Very good. This particular griffin's name is gearclaw." said noon.

« previous 1