Kindle Owners discussion

Suggestions for getting in reading time!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sassy (new)

Sassy | 6 comments So I am married, mother of 3, two still at home, I work 40+ hours a week and the weekends are chores driven! How do I get reading time in! Any Suggestions? And at night before bed is out! I fall asleep right away! HELP

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 66 comments Bathroom, lunch at work, the few minutes you have to yourself when you wake up, standing in line at the supermarket (pick a long line with big cartsfuls of stuff), text-to-speech while you're cooking or dusting or doing laundry or driving ...

There is always a way.

How old are the kids?

message 3: by Sassy (new)

Sassy | 6 comments 15, 17, & 20 (not at home)! Oh and my 53 year too! You know the bathroom came to mind last night. Just go in there and close the door. They usually leave me alone then! Thank you for the good ideas!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 14 comments Try in the bath with the water running then you can't hear them shouting. Snatch minutes while in the queue for any thing, if you are collecting someone arrive early and read while you wait. In the lift (go up and down a few times). Hold a book while cooking and insist soup needs to be stirred continually. Bathroom anywhere. Have hope - they will eventually all leave home (except the baby-husband) and you will have TIME. And miss them.

message 5: by Sassy (new)

Sassy | 6 comments THANK YOU! Great ideas! Love the bath one!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) I read every single day on my lunch hour at work...I take my luch w me, push the seat back and relax! sometimes it's hard to stop and come back, but it's worth it.

message 7: by Mel623 (new)

Mel623 | 2 comments Where I often worked through lunch I now stop for 30 mins eat my lunch and read, as other say read in the line at supermarket. Text talk whilst doing the ironing or cooking.

message 8: by Debs (new)

Debs | 12 comments stormhawk wrote: "Bathroom, lunch at work, the few minutes you have to yourself when you wake up, standing in line at the supermarket (pick a long line with big cartsfuls of stuff), text-to-speech while you're cooki..."

If I have a good book/E.read I can be hovering and I could listen to my Kindle if I wished but we all need that time out for our selves