Pirate Romance discussion

Buddy-Reads > What's This?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 550 comments Mod
Is there a Pirate book you want to read but would like to share with someone else? Post a book (must be Pirate) and see who joins you!
List:
Book & Author:
Why you want to read it:
Description of book:
When you may start your read:

message 2: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Ok, here are a bunch of pirate/ship captain books that I'm interested in buddy reading at some point. If anyone wants to do any of these, let me know! :D

Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer - I think this author is supposed to be a big deal?, but have not read anything by her yet

Wrap Me In Splendor by Ellen Tanner Marsh Wrap Me In Splendor by Ellen Tanner Marsh - I've read one book by this author and really liked her style

The Price of Pleasure (Sutherland Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole The Price of Pleasure by Krelsey Cole - I adore this author and the first book in this seris (The Captain of All Pleasures) is in my top 5 favorite pirate/ship captain romances

Master of Seduction (Sea Wolves, #1) by Kinley MacGregor Master of Seduction by Kinley MacGregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon) - Because I love this chessy cover :D

The Maiden's Revenge by Hillary Fields The Maiden's Revenge by Hillary Fields - A lady pirate book!

My Seaswept Heart (McQuaid Trilogy, #2) by Christine Dorsey My Seaswept Heart by Christine Dorsey - I've been wanting to try something from this author because I have a bunch of her books and I really like this cover pic

Black Rose by Christina Skye Black Rose by Christina Skye - Plot looks good, maybe a BR?, and I've been wanted to try this author

message 3: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments I'm willing to re-read Xtina Skye, Xtine Dorsey & Kresley Cole for buddy reads. I'm pretty sure I still got the PBs. When's it gonna be ? So I can co-ordinate my monthly reads =^D

message 4: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I can only work in one per month.. let's see if anyone else wants to do any of these and then I'll figure it out. :)

message 5: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Mar 16, 2011 01:20PM) (new)

I tried to read Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer and just couldnt get into it ( old english writing) maybe it was just the mood..Id love to read Wrap Me In Splendor by Ellen Tanner Marsh but its not pirate..is it? and what ever happened to Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1) by Marsha Canham SmittenKitten? werent we going to read that one? I dont have any Dorsey books..:(

message 6: by SmittenKitten (last edited Mar 17, 2011 08:39PM) (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Yeah, it didn't seem like anyone else was going to read Across a Moonlit Sea for the group read, so I pushed that one back on my TBR and read Bound by the Heart by Marsha Canham instead.

Wrap Me In Splendor by Ellen Tanner Marsh is not pirate... but it might count as ship captain hero?

Why dont you do one with Verity..she hasnt done one yet..and I dont have the Dorsey books if thats what you decide on..do you have "Across a Moonlight Sea Verity?" Cause III join in if thats going to be read.

message 8: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Sandi, you are so right about Beauvallet... I read the first chapter today and then quickly put it aside... the writing was too annoying!

message 9: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments I own MC's entire backlist, so yez, I do have AAMS =^2

Verity wrote: "I own MC's entire backlist, so yez, I do have AAMS =^2"
Have you read it yet Verity? Do yo ladies want to do this one?

message 11: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments I've read all her books, but I'd luv to re-read 'em. U can't go wrong w/ MC, I'd read if she'd written a phone book ;^B

Verity wrote: "I've read all her books, but I'd luv to re-read 'em. U can't go wrong w/ MC, I'd read if she'd written a phone book ;^B"

Your a faithful fan for sure! :) Will wait to see what SmittenKitten wants to read, if she wants to do a Dorsey book with you Im ok on that & will do another with you two later..or we can do this next..Im easy..

message 13: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I'm open for either.... as long as we wait a couple of weeks until April. :)

How'bout mid-April..does that work for everyone?
Verity..you good for AAMS? or do you want to do a Dorsey?

message 15: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments Yez, let's do AAMS. I'm flexible, anytime is fine 8>P

Verity wrote: "Yez, let's do AAMS. I'm flexible, anytime is fine 8>P"

Ok I set up the thread for it..lets find out when its good for SmittenKitten??

message 17: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Works for me!

SmittenKitten wrote: "Works for me!"

April 1st? is that good for all?

message 19: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments Sounds good to me ;o)~

message 20: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Yep!