O. W. L. S. : Occupations for Wizards and witches Looking for Something to do discussion

Hogwarts Classes > Potions Classes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 153 (153 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments This class will be taught by Professor Jaymes. (Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

((Darn... :())

message 3: by Logan (last edited Jan 13, 2011 12:02PM) (new)

Logan M | 179 comments If you want to post something, you have to put your name and house on an above row so I can give you the points you earn.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Carley
Slytherin

Carley raised her hand to ask a question.

message 5: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Rachel (BusterBrownBay) | 622 comments Mod
Carley is sitting next to Tesseract ((that is all i have to say XD oh and are all years going to be in this class?))

message 6: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Yes.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

""What will we be learning today, Professor Jaymes?""
Carley asked.

message 8: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "We will be learning about the main antidotes for poisons." Professor Jaymes said, "Can anyone tell me what is a bezoar?"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Professor, a bezoar is a stone that is taken from a goat's stomach and used as an antidote to many poisons. However, it is fairly rare and does not work on everything." Danielle Foxx of Gryffindor smartly answered.

message 10: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Correct. Five points Gryffindor" Professor Jaymes said. "Who else can name some other antidotes?"

message 11: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Olivia (oerose) | 1252 comments Mod
Nyx, Ravenclaw

"Not me," said Nyx. She figured that that was probably going to get points taken away for that, but she didn't really care. Until her sister ((Headmistress Pax Olympia)) found out... she always overreacted.

message 12: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Okay, then." Professor Jaymes said "Who can name the most powerful love potion?"

message 13: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

At this, Nyx's head began to pound because this was one of those questions she KNEW. Sometimes, there was just a little too much pressure that came with being a Ravenclaw.

message 14: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Nyx, do you know the answer, because you can answer. I don't play favoritism." Professor Jaymes said.

message 15: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"That's good to know," said Nyx. She thought about it for a second. "Amortentia!" she suddenly yelled, the answer coming to her at last. ((Got that of the internet lol))

message 16: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Correct." Professor Jaymes said. "Ten points Ravenclaw."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Professor Jaymes, might I be so bold as to ask when we are going to start actually producing potions... you know, the relatively exciting stuff?" Asked Carley of Slytherin.

message 18: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

At this, Nyx laughed.

message 19: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Yes, but I thought that we should get through the basics." Professor Jaymes said. "Who can tell me the difference between asphodel and wormwood?"

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Logan wrote: ""Yes, but I thought that we should get through the basics." Professor Jaymes said. "Who can tell me the difference between asphodel and wormwood?""
"Um, that's what you would consider basic material?... Not in my book." Carley stated with a chuckle.

message 21: by Logan (last edited Jan 18, 2011 04:35PM) (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "I know. I thought that I should test you, to see what you need to learn."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hm, well, I honestly have no idea." Carley retorted.

message 23: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Okay, then. Who can name the most powerful sleeping potion?"

message 24: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"The drought of living death," Nyx stated, "and asphodel and wormwood are the same, and is also called wolfsbane," she finished. ((BTW, I did that from MEMORY!))

message 25: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((props to you man!!))

message 26: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Correct. 15 points to Ravenclaw."

message 27: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Rachel wrote: "((props to you man!!))"

((Thx.))

message 28: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Classes will be starting back up again.

message 29: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Yay))

message 30: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((Sorry I haven't posted anything here for a while. I was waiting for someone to post something so I knew people were waiting.))

message 31: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((It's OK. I haven't been very active either...))

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) ((can i join this class? Shaye=Second year gryffindor))

message 33: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Yep. This is all years.))

message 34: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) (Can I join in too?)

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) ((in that casee...))

Shaye burst in. "Sorry i'm late" she said breathlessly.

message 36: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Feb 28, 2011 02:20PM) (new)

Liz wrote: "(Can I join in too?)"

((Yep. ALL YEARS MY JOIN!!!))

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) Shaye sat in a desk near the back

message 38: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx ran her fingers through her hair, waiting for Jaymes's reaction.

message 39: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Erin, Tesse, and Cecelia waited for class to start.

((doodalalalaa~))

message 40: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "Attention class, we are going to begin making potions today." Professor Jaymes said. Logan was glad that they were finally starting potion-making, so he pumped his fist and said a silent 'Yes!'

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sweetness!" Carley said ecstatically, she liked the prospect of "doing"... not "learning."

message 42: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Tyler sighed, holding his head up with his hands. He kept staring at Carley.

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) Shaye sat very still at her desk, exited and nervous all at the same time. She contemplated taking out her notebook for notes, but decided to wait for the Proffesor to say something, since they were going to be MAKING potions, instead of taking notes on making potions.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Courtney caught wind of Tyler staring at her older sister. "What the heck was he thinking? He's out of her league... not to mention age range." She smiled to herself.

message 45: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((LOL))

message 46: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((He likes to creep people out. He's a black belt in Karate.))

message 47: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((ha. 'das nice. so am I in RL XD))

message 48: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx was happy about the whole practical classes thing. Except for the fact that something was likely to explode.

message 49: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) Quinn goes to the back of the room and sits a few seats away from Shaye. Shes not very good at potions but she'll try her best.

message 50: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 08, 2011 06:16PM) (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) ((should live there. and yes. i know. i forget sometimes but i know. :))) ((that looks like a really really big smile, or random extra parenthesees lol))

Shaye tapped her foot on the ground nervously. She felt woefully unprepared so she pulled out her quill and started tapping that on the desk. She felt marginally better.

« previous 1 3 4