The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > New member from Key West

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (last edited Jan 13, 2011 10:49AM) (new)

Mike Dennis (mikedennis) | 28 comments Just a note to say I'm pleased to be a recent recruit to this group. My name's Mike Dennis, I'm an author from Key West, and I'm also a reader. I write noir/crime fiction and I like to read in that genre, too, although I do read other genres from time to time. I count Jim Thompson, David Goodis, James Ellroy, Gil Brewer, and Vicki Hendricks among my favorite authors.

I have a novel out right now called THE TAKE, a tale of human desperation. In the reading arena, I've just finished MY GUN IS QUICK by Mickey Spillane, and I've started TRIPWIRE by Lee Child. In addition to my novels, I write reviews of a lot of the books I read and place them on my website http://mikedennisnoir.com

That's it for now, but I hope to be interacting with a lot of you in the coming weeks and months.

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Mike. I know that there are a number of noir fans here along with fans of just about every other genre of mystery.

Good luck with your book and be sure to check out the Goodreads Authors program.

message 3: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Mike, and thanks for joining us!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Key West, one of my favorite places, proposed to my wife there, conceived our child there (different trips!!) and got drunk there more than once.

Welcome to the group, I'll go check out your site.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) Best of luck with your book......you will find many lovers of noir in this group.
A recommendation for all noir fans and to you, if you haven't read it is: Crime Novels : American Noir of the 1950s, It contains five of the classics; The Postman Always Rings Twice, Thieves Like Us, They Shoot Horses Don't They, The Big Clock, and Nightmare Alley. It's a dandy!!!

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike Dennis (mikedennis) | 28 comments That is indeed a great book, Jill. Every one of those novels is a classic.

Jim, I hope you weren't drunk here in Key West when you proposed to your wife! And you conceived your child on different trips? Must have been some baby!