Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Tabitha's 50 in 2011-Finished

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) Well, this year has been slow reading-wise for me. I haven't finished one yet. :(...but I'm getting close and I'll post as soon as I finish one

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Tabitha wrote: "7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë"

Did you join the "Jane Eyre" challenge?

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) I did. I'm so excited to see the film and hope they don't muck it up too bad! You?

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments I've yet to see a version I love, so I'm looking forward to it with fingers and toes crossed. Since it's in limited release, I'm hoping that I don't have to go all the way downtown (Chicago) to see it. Not that I don't enjoy a trip into the city; it's just that the weather right now makes it problematic.

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) Yeah, I have no clue if they'll be releasing it in my town, which is in the middle of nowhere, but if not I'm sure they'll release it in Charlotte which is only 45 minutes away.
I've not seen a film adaptation yet, I try not to see them until I've read the book first.

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments I feel the same about reading first, but since my first read predates some -OK many- of the film versions... cause I'm that old... I've seen a few. Mostly, and I get that Mr. Rochester is A LOT older than Jane, the actor is some times too old. For example George C. Scott. YIKES!

message 14: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 796 comments I think the only version I've seen was with Timothy Dalton as Mr. Rochester. He was probably too handsome for the role, but he did dark and brooding quite well!

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) Mmmmm...I'll look into it. I love remakes of classic books except when they butcher them.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Mmmmm... Timothy Dalton....

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan (chlokara) | 846 comments Donna wrote: "I feel the same about reading first, but since my first read predates some -OK many- of the film versions... cause I'm that old... I've seen a few. Mostly, and I get that Mr. Rochester is A LOT old..."

Oh, but I loved George C. Scott as Mr. Rochester, and when I reread it recently, I pictured him as Mr. Rochester. But, then, I'm old myself.

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 13. House Of Night 1:Marked by P.C. Cast

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 16. House of Night 2: Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 17. House of Night 3: Chosen by P.C. Cast

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 18. The Vampire Diaries: The Return Volume 3: Midnight by L.J. Smith

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 19. House Of Night 4: Untamed by P.C. Cast

message 32: by Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (last edited Apr 12, 2011 01:28PM) (new)

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 23. Madison Avery 1:Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) (piratevanrock) 25. House Of Night 5: Hunted by P.C. Cast

« previous 1 3