Delirity discussion

Author A > Riley Jenson Guardian - K. Arthur

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Holy s***, Batman!

Okay, so book one was a little too much casual sex for me to normally keep reading, but I liked Quinn and I think Riley is an interesting character to follow. I was curious to see where the plot would go so I kept reading. Well, now I'm on book 3 and I just have to say "holy s***, Batman," about 30 times. I've only read 9 chapters, but dang. There are some things I never wanted to read about or even think about, and then there are those moments that are incredibly hot the way she's managed to write it. Particulary something in chapter 9. If it had been written in any other way I would have been tempted to flip past the scene since I prefer things to stay pg13 or at least more traditional, but somehow she wrote it so I just could not know what was going to happen. It wasn't the scene itself that made it hot for me(although, some of you would love it). It was the fact that one of the guys manages to just destroy the other guys attempt at petty male territorial games over Riley. He does it with such force that it was amazing. Part of my wanted to laugh, and the other part of me was swearing to Batman.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments When I saw that you were reading this series Heather, I thought your reaction would be what it was. There is a lot of casual sex here, but for me it makes sense with the world she created.

I also think the first 3-4 books have a different feel from the later ones due to one of the story arcs.

I love Riley, love how she is unapologetic about herself and her nature. If you want me, this is how I am. I also love the relationship with her brother.

I was a little disappointed with the way the series ended though. But have high hopes for the spin off one.

message 4: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika spoiler for book one

haha Once again I am the Debbie Downer. I really don't like the series. I'm a perv but the casual sex is a bit too much for me. It bothers me how Riley always uses her sexuality to 'get ahead' (dressing up as a prostitute (and yeah I understand this was to check out the place undercover, but it felt more like the author wanted her to be 'sexy' so she just added that in there), having sex in exchange for information, don't even get me started on that crazy naked orgy nightclubs, and I think she flashed her boobs about three times so she could ~distract the enemy), even though it is nice to see a heroine so comfortable with/unapologetic about her sexuality. Something I also found annoying was how she got angry with that vamp because he said that weres can't be monogamous and yet she proceeds to have sex with 5 different men.

message 5: by Heather (new)

I think within the world the author creates, the sex is just a part of Riley. I don't understand it, but I can at least go with it since it's a part of her species and not her just being a little too liberal in her actions.
In Tempting Evil you get the "creatures" involved and that's kind pushing it for me, but we'll see where it goes. Riley still have some standards (so far).

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela B Ok, Now I have to read these too...dang it guys!

message 7: by Heather (new)

Does Embrace by Darkness start a new story arch or do they become independent after that?

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments If I remember right they pretty much become independent after that. They do have some larger stuff with their old pack, but nothing like the first couple of books.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Is Quinn coming back? Or is he gone for good?

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Does anyone ever really go away in books?????

message 11: by Heather (new)

She keeps thinking about him so I'm sure he'll come back. I can't believe what happened with ...crap, I don't even remember his name now.

Oh, oh...the back of the book says Quinn comes back. Should have checked that before asking. =)

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am never sure when people ask if they really want to know or if they are just talking/whining about things. lol

message 13: by Heather (new)

If I whine I'll say don't tell me at the end of the post just so you know I'm really not wanting to know. =)

message 14: by Heather (new)

Okay! While it was foreshadowed and I could still see it coming the whole time, I was happy with the end of of Deadly Desire. I can't wait until the next one is available at my library. Too bad I accidentally saw the big surprise when I went to request book 9 at the same time.

message 15: by Heather (new)

I'm having motivational issues with book 8. I'm not quiet half way, but I already seem to know who did it and I know who gets to die in this one as well. It's kind of making it difficult for me to push through. Plus, I'm still being all OCD fidgetty because I dont' have book 2 of the Bow Street Runners and 3 is sitting on my shelf. It makes it hard ot concentrate. I need ot get over it.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela B Oh I should have stopped by here earlier....I'm reading the first book right now, I have about 100 pages left in it and I REALLY like it :)

message 17: by Heather (new)

K, now I need book 9! It'll be a few days. Does it wrap up as a series, or not really?

message 18: by Darcy (last edited Mar 06, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "K, now I need book 9! It'll be a few days. Does it wrap up as a series, or not really?"

Book 9 wraps up Riley's story, for the most part. She is planning on a spin of series with the little girl of the blind seer, I can't remember her name.

I have a feeling there will be glimpses of Riley once and a while.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Good to know.

message 20: by Heather (new)

I'm so sad it's over.

message 21: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Were you happy with how things ended Heather?

message 22: by Heather (new)

I saw it coming, but ya, I was. I was surprised a little with the Quinn stuff, but not completely shocked or anything. I didn't think she'd do what she did at the end.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Currently reading Full Moon Rising and I'm shocked . . . that I like it this much!!! It's so much fun, and since I've been reading some pretty naughty books it really doesn't shock me. (Nothing as bad as Sunny or Hamilton.)

Though I feel like there should be more of an Aussie flavor to the lingo.

message 24: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am glad that you are liking these Shera. I am actually re-reading them by listening to the audios right now, #4 is next for me.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Are the audios pretty good?

Quinn has me all tied up in knots!! He's so yummy, but clearly nothing but heart break for poor Riley.

message 26: by Heather (last edited Dec 30, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

Reading through these comments I just have to say that I'm all over the place. It's like Arthur dangled something shiny in my face and I and I was chasing it every which direction at once. Or, maybe more like a dog with a flashlight, but you get the picture. From oh s***, Batmans, to is he?, isn't he?, what's next?, but, but, BUT!!!! =) You're making me wish I had kept these books so I could re-read them.

message 27: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Are the audios pretty good?

Quinn has me all tied up in knots!! He's so yummy, but clearly nothing but heart break for poor Riley."

The audios are really good, the narrator does a good Aussie accent and has Riley's snark down.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'm on Kissing Sinright now.

This series is so awesome. It's wacked and clever all at the same time.

It's just driving me into giggling fits how (view spoiler)

It just tickles me. I will follow this series to the ends of the earth to know how it ends.

message 29: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am glad you are liking this one Shera! Once you get done with this series you will have to check out her spin off one.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Oh, there's a spin off!! Wow. I am off to check it out . . .

message 31: by Heather (new)

Haha.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'm reading Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur , finally. Really liking it. I can't see Quinn as a romantic interest though. I just don't like him.

I want that sexy horse shifter back though!!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments This has never happened to me before. I didn't read Tempting Evil I skipped right over it. I read book 4 instead!!

Ebooks, I blame them. I'm already moving on to book 5 sooooooo, I guess I 'll get back to it after that.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments All right I can't take it that in The Darkest Kiss she's (view spoiler) Now I'm back to reading about a relationship I can not stand.

The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6) by Keri Arthur

message 35: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Keep reading Shera, all sorts of things happen that may make you change your mind.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments All right Darcy, I'm trusting you. ^_-

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Darcy, I should never doubt you.

I'm up to book 7 and it's awesome!! Totally in love with Quinn now.

(view spoiler)

The emotions are driving me up the walls!

message 38: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am glad that you didn't give up!

message 39: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Gave this a few tries, but stopped for some reason, might try a re-read at some point