YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Shifters > Prey (book 4)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent by Rachel Vincent

goodreads summary-Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game…
Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.

Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Without spoilering, is this the "cry" book? I think it was this one and not number 3, right? It's been awhile since I've read the series. If so, I can honestly say that very few books make me emotional, and this one did.

*Mrs. Brightside* Yeah, this is the book): but I still haven't read it yet.

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments this book is like a punishment for me. Is it really wrong to fall in love with a pretty boy casanova????!! gosh! i CRIED! :((

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) NEVER. I loved him too. Wondertwins forever.

message 6: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments wondertwins!!! <3

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I seriously loved every single character in this series except for Malone and Faythe's abusive brother.

I even loved the bear guy.

message 8: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments i love Owen too. lol. :)

message 9: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments I think I lost a part of my heart reading this book. Never. Cried. This. Much.

message 10: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 20, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This book did a number on me too. I almost wish that I hadn't read spoilers ahead of time by accident though. It probably would have been more impactive if I hadn't known it was coming.

message 11: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments It really took me by surprise. I was in denial the first couple of chapters after his death. Impossible- that's all I could think. Of all the people why HIM?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah...how could the wondertwins be split up? It's not fair. :(

message 13: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaoj) | 394 comments I KNOOOOOOW! WHY ETHAN! WHY!!!?? no wonder he's soooo sweeeet in the beginning of that book, it's because he will be leaving them allll. :(

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) At least it wasn't Jace. She better write that spin-off series someday. I need more Jace.

*Mrs. Brightside* Me too. I'm reading this book right now(:

message 16: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Oh yeaah! A spin-off with Jace... I can't even begin to explain how happy an announcement like that would make me.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) She's never confirmed a spin-off but a lot of the fans have been pushing for one, so I'm going to cross my fingers.

message 18: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments In her latest blog post, she mentioned something about a "new idea". I'm hoping that it's the spin-off, since she recently started a new adult paranormal series. Of course, it could be another new series, but I can't help hoping that that's not the case.

I miss miss misss Jace!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, I remember hearing about the new adult series, but totally forgot about it until you just now mentioned it. I think she had a contest to pick the new chick's name and Olivia won which sort of made me say, "eh."

I'd like to see Kaci as an adult. (I almost said Dani, heh. Young sidekicks are starting to blend together for me I guess)

message 20: by *Mrs. Brightside* (last edited Jan 29, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

*Mrs. Brightside* I think Kaci is gonna turn out like Faythe. But this book is amazing! I tried not to cry, but it didn't really work :P the books defintely pick up after this.

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prey (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Vincent (other topics)