O. W. L. S. : Occupations for Wizards and witches Looking for Something to do discussion

Hogwarts > Great Hall

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Olivia (oerose) | 1252 comments Mod
((Please write your house/table in double parentheses before your comment))

((High Table))

Headmistress Olympia ((Pax)) came to the High Table, and shouted "Pericculum!"(sp?) to shoot sparks from her wand to quiet the students down. "Hello, residents of Hogwarts. I have a very special announcement to make. Professor Jaymes is now Head of Slytherin house. Professor Roberts is now the Head of Gryffindor," she said.

message 2: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Rachel (BusterBrownBay) | 622 comments Mod
((slytherin))

Tesseract snorted and gave Carley a nudge. "waddaya think of the new head of slytherin?"

message 3: by Logan (last edited Jan 12, 2011 06:55PM) (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((Slytherin))

"I heard that" Professor Jaymes said as he walked past the Slytherin table.

message 4: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

Tesseract's eyes went wide and she covered her face with her hands. ((lol poor Tessa!))

message 5: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments "No worries. I'm not like Serverus. Since it's the first day, I'll let you off with a warning." Headmaster Jaymes said, smiling.

message 6: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((Slytherin))

Tesseract's eyes widened in shock but she soon planted a huge smirk on her face.

message 7: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((Slytherin))

"No worries. I'm nicer than the other Slytherin Houses. Since it's the first day, I'll let you off with a warning." Professor Jaymes said, smiling.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

((Slytherin))

"Hm... This guy's different. This ought to be an interesting term, huh, Tesse?"
Carley Smirks
"Thinking in terms of more tolerance for inappropriate behavior... Fun, fun. :D"

message 9: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((slytherin))

"yes it should be....interesting...." Tesseract suddenly got serious "and I told you not to call me Tesse in public. the teachers might pick up the habit.." she said, glaring at the high table. "keep that inside the common room."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

((I apologize guys. I keep forgetting to do it in past tense))
"Alright then." Carley's expression turned slightly puzzled. "Why is it that you're so concerned about the teachers picking up the habit? Tesse is a fine nickname after all. It's better than your actual name anyways." Carley said with a smirk.

message 11: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((Head Table))

"I believe, Headmistress, that classes are about ready to start." Jaymes said.

message 12: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((slytherin))

"I happen to LIKE my name. It's scientific. go look up Tesseract in the library." she let out a long breath "and Tesse just sounds so.... friendly. I'm trying to blend in."

message 13: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (last edited Jan 13, 2011 06:53PM) (new)

((Head Table))

"Yes, Jaymes," said Pax. To the rest of the school, she said, "I believe you must go to your classes now. I will see you at lunch."

((FYI, this meal is breakfast.))

message 14: by Sammy (last edited Mar 09, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta, still a zebra trotted in, and turned back into her normal self. "NYX!!!" called Odetta. I guess I passed her in the hall, she thought. She sucked in a deep breath, and shouted down the hall,"NYX! COME! ON! WE NEED! TO FIND! THE BEANS!"

message 15: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx came up yelling behind her. "SHUT UP!" They were making quite a scene. Nyx came up next to Odetta. "You do know this is a competition, right? Other teams could hear you!"

message 16: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "But they don't have the same items as us!" Odetta whined. "And now you're being too loud! Come on, I think the beans are on the other side of the room. But be careful! If they were gross when they were new, I can't imagine how it's going to be three years later."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

((Bahaha... keep it up:))

message 18: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta pointed to a statue of an old woman holding a pygmy puff and a gnome. "I think it's under that one," she said.

message 19: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

Nyx followed her to the statue.

message 20: by Sammy (last edited Mar 12, 2011 02:55PM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta knelt down in fron of hte statue and tried to reach under it, but felt nothing..."All I can find is dust!" she said. But then she reached further, and and felt something made of cloth. Odetta pulled the item out to find a dusty little velvet bag, with a faded label that said, "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans" in an elegant, curly script. "Aha!" she bellowed. She pulled open the drawstring, and picked out a little grey bean. As she triumphantly put it in her mouth, her grin suddenly changed to a sickly grimace, and she spit the bean out into her hand, and chucked it across the room. "UGH! THAT"S DISGUSTING!"

message 21: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Tyler saw it from the Gryffindor table, and laughed so hard pumpkin juice came out his nose.

message 22: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) But then the little misshapen bean that she threw went soaring in Tyler's direction...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((Bahaha))

message 24: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Tyler used Reducto on it.

message 25: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) Odetta laughed despite the foul taste of the bean lingering in her mouth.

message 26: by Logan (new)

Logan M | 179 comments ((What flavor was it?))

message 27: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "Ugh..." Odetta tried to swallow, but couldn't. "I think it was... tripe? Three year old tripe to be exact. Now come on, Nyx, we haven't got all day! Which item should we look for next?" She almost reached into the bag for another one, but quickly shoved it into her pocket before she had teh chance.

message 28: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"What do you think we should look for now?" asked Nyx.

message 29: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) "Hmmm...What about the Pax Olympia card?"

message 30: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

"I got that one!" exclaimed Nyx. She began running out of the Great Hall and talking to Odetta at the same time. "See, we could go to my dorm- I have tons of Chocolate Frog cards there, but,"-she grinned-"there's a closer collection of Pax Olympia cards." Nyx suddenly stopped. "We're here," she declared. "Stand back." Nyx muttered some indistinguishable words, and suddenly, a portrait of Rowena Ravenclaw dissolved. "One sec," she said. A moment after she had gone through, Nyx came out with a picture of Pax Olympia in her hand, a triumphant grin on her face. "My sister-vain girl that she is-keeps many of her own cards on hand, just waiting for some student to come in and ask for any autograph. The one time it happened, Pax was unprepared, and was stuck with signing a scrap of old parchment. Ever since, she has kept a great supply of cards, but no one has asked since," she said.

message 31: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) ((Nice!))
Odetta clapped her hands joyfully. "Wow, that was great! You know a lot about Hogwarts, don't you? Okay, let's see what we need next..." she scanned the list quickly. "Aha! The magic whistle! Okay, you're gonna love this one. So once I was chatting with Swimmy the ghost, and he complained about how he couldn't do any normal things, like read books, or eat food, or blow on his magic whistle! Since he's always in the library, let's go ask him if he still has it! Onward!" boomed Odetta at the last part. She turned into a zebra and galloped down the hall, whinnying at Nyx to hurry.

message 32: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Going to library.))

message 33: by Logan (last edited Mar 16, 2011 10:20AM) (new)

Logan M | 179 comments Tyler smirked. Little did they know, he had heard about the scavenger hunt, and he wanted to make it hard for them. So he headed for the library.

message 34: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Ohhh, that's where he came from... sorry I read the Library post first.))

message 35: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) ((Yeah, me too!))

message 36: by Madlenka, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Madlenka | 243 comments Mod

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

((what's with the dots?))

message 38: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((THANK YOU they leave me so confuzzled. new word.))

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

((NEW Word?!?! What the hay? Dude, that word has been around for like years. :P))

message 40: by Rachel, Deputy Headmistress (new)

((I'm reinventing it. Accept it.))

message 41: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

((Right.))

message 42: by Olivia, yes, i'm a harry potter freak. (new)

----------DINNER-------------

The Great Hall was buzzing with noise. The Headmistress stood up and clapped her hands for attention. The hall quieted. "I hope you are enjoying tonight's dinner. But before you get so full and tired that you will not be able to answer me, I have some announcements. First off, our Head of Hufflepuff is now Professor Flefur, and Deputy Headmistress ________. ((I forgot the charrie's name!)) Second, the first task has been prepared, so I would like you all to join me on the grounds tomorrow at 1:00 PM on the grounds. I hear the stage is so big you can't miss it."