One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > The Alchemyst (January 2011)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Talk about The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott in this topic!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments I tried this one and struggled through it. I saw potential, but never got into it. I actually stopped about 1/4 of the way through the second book and I barely ever put anything down.
That being said... a guy at my work loved them. He thinks they're absolutely amazing. I guess it just wasn't for me.

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Guess not. That's okay. I'm sure you have backups for books like those. I, actually, haven't had time to get started on this one. I think I will try to start on it sometime before the week is out. Really anxious to get to it; have heard good and bad about it; just want to know which "side" I'm on.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments I'm curious to see what side you fall on as well. I'm constantly debating on whether to go back to book 2 because I can't stand not having finished it.

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I think you should at least try to finish it. Even if you don't like it. I mean, hey, it might get better at the end. :/

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen | 58 comments I also really didn't like this at first. But I tried to give a chance and read it all the way through and I did. I still don't think its a very good book. No offense to those who liked it, but I don't plan on reading anything else from the series.