YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Author's Corner > Amanda Hocking?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Bellus | 12 comments Has anyone read any of her books? What did you think of them, if you did?

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I've never read any of them, but she's so legit. Between her and Kailin Gow they're like writing MACHINES.

message 3: by Patty (new)

Patty | 13 comments I have them on my to-read list. my friend recommended them to me saying that they were really good.... But looking forward to reading them.

message 4: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq I've read My Blood Approves 1 through 3. IMO but Twilight came to mind when I read them.

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison | 234 comments I think I'm going to give this author a try. I read some reviews on Amazon when her book came up under the "other books you may like" on my account.

It seems like she has some good reviews and by the looks of it she is an Indie author and I like to support other Indie's whenever I can.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Alison wrote: "by the looks of it she is an Indie author and I like to support other Indie's whenever I can. "

Likewise! I just bought the 'My Blood Approves' series on my nook, since the books were only like three bux each.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison | 234 comments @Meghann, let me know what you think, I still have the Fever books to get through 1st :-)

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Larry | 2 comments I read the first book in the Tyrlle Trilogy, very good

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I read the Trylle Trilogy and I was really disappointed. I thought the first book was good and I thought the second book was okay but the third book just went downhill for me. I ended up not being a fan or her work. Plus, all three books have major grammatical errors!

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (medikatedzombie) | 7 comments I loved the Tyrlle Trilogy. I also really liked her My Blood Approves series as well even though the main female lead makes me angry to no end,lol

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 1 comments I've read both the Trylle and Blood Approves series, I thought they were a pretty good books for the price. Blood Approves did have a Twilight feel to it, but I thought Trylle was original. The main characters never end up with who I want them to end up with which is a little disappointing but I guess she keeps things interesting.

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassandrarichards) | 7 comments My Blood Approves Series is pretty dandy. I read through the series within a week and loved every minute of it! ^.^

Have not read the Tyrlle Series. Kind of too afraid too. Is that series any good?

message 13: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 1 comments I've read pretty much everything she's written. Very good story lines, and you don't have to wait too long, because as previously mentioned she gets books out quickly!

message 14: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 50 comments I like all of Amanda Hocking's books. The first book in the My Blood Approves series has a lot of grammatical errors, but I've always said it's the story that matters.
Who here has acttually read Kaitlinn Gow's books. I've read "Pulse" and I have to say, I thought it was terrible. I don't remember their being many errors or anything, but the characters were so shallow that I couldn't connect with them. Also, the story felt like it was stolen right from Vampire Diaries.

message 15: by Talia (new)

Talia Jager (tjager) | 8 comments I've read all the books in her My Blood Approves series. They were good. Not great, but better than just okay. I haven't read her other series. I do like supporting other indie authors. I have read a few great indie books lately.

message 16: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 50 comments Her Trylle Trilogy is really good, too. It is edited better than her MBA series. But I just love Jack so much in that series that I overlook the tiny mistakes :)

message 17: by Talia (new)

Talia Jager (tjager) | 8 comments Yeah, the little mistakes don't bother me too much. I'll have to check out the Trylle Trilogy one of these days.

message 18: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 2 comments I have read the MBA and Trylle series and I loved them both. I am very much looking forward to the 5th MBA book coming out and reading all her other books as well. I can't say that they are my absolute favorites, but I do love them. I fall in love with her characters and just want more. I do agree that it is sometimes infuriating when she twists the story in a way you don't want, but it always ends up good. I recommend giving her a try.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather McCorkle (heathermccorkle) I've been thinking about picking these up. I do love supporting other indie authors. Thanks for all the great feedback and recommendations everyone. Looks like I'll have to give the first one a try.