A Very Potter Group discussion

Harry Potter: The Books > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This discussion is all about the seventh and final Harry Potter book.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 45 comments So I know this is supposed to be about the book (which I loved!) but how did you like the movie?

I went to the midnight premier and thought it was really good. I'm very excited for Part 2!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't go to the midnight premier - can't drive yet, and my parents sure weren't going to take me that late at night. But my mom let me skip school the next day and I saw the 9am showing. Busiest 9am showing I've ever been to! I saw it again with my brother and dad the next day. I thought it was the best yet!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 45 comments How funny! I actually got my driver's license that very morning after the premier. I didn't fall asleep till 4am and I had to take my driver's test at 9am. I was so tired! But it was oh so worth it! lol

I though it was fantastic! I love how they really stuck close to the book in this one (as much as they can do anyways) I didn't cry nearly as much as I did in the book when Dobby died, but I think maybe it was because I was still trying to get used to his change in voice.

I know I'll sob my eyes out when I see Part 2!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I cried, but then again I cry really easily. I cried during the Harry Potter video game!

message 6: by Clary Fray (new)

Clary Fray (girlsoccer86) | 47 comments wow. I cry every time i read the hp book and doby dies, and dumbledore, and fred tonks and lupin. every time

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah - Dobby, Dumbly, Fred, Sirius. You should see me when I read "The Prince's Tale." Every time I read that chapter I SOB LIKE A BABY.

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah i cried when harry's wand broke! they had gone through so much together!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my gosh I was SO SAD! It was like the last remnant of Fawkes, and one of the last remnants of Dumbledore (since Fawkes was his bird)!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 45 comments So, I'm curious to see if you guys imagine all the characters like they are in the movie, or if you have different versions in your head.

Like, I imagine most characters like they are in the movies, but I still have my own versions of Dudley, Trelawney, Slughorn, Barty Crouch (both Jr and Sr), Mundungus Fletcher, and a few others. Also, my Harry is a combined version of Dan Radcliff and my first imagined Harry.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hold to my own versions of:
Petunia (wasn't horsey enough), Dudley (wasn't blond), Umbridge (wasn't froggy enough), Mundungus, Slughorn (he looks too much like my grandpa!)

Hold to my own versions of but the actor was so amazing that I didn't mind:
Severus, Barty Crouch Jr, Sirius, Lupin

message 12: by Clary Fray (new)

Clary Fray (girlsoccer86) | 47 comments it depends for me. sometines i do sometimes i dont