Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Who is Your Favorite Superhero?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Superman? Spiderman? Batman? Wolverine?

Is Batman really a superhero if he doesn't have any extraordinary powers?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Sherlock Holmes! He has superpowers of reasoning. :)

message 3: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I love Sherlock, but he would be the first to admit that he doesn't have super powers.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Neither does Batman, and yet...

Sherlock's a master of disguise, too. :)

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori *anort*

Batman. He's got darkness and depth. *swoons*

message 6: by Jammies (last edited Jan 12, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

Jammies Barb, have you read "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"?

And Robert Downey Jr. is my favorite superhero. *sigh*

Edited for egregious mis-memory.

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments Spiderman was my fave for years. Later it was Iron Man. Most recently I have to go with The Tick.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Phil wrote: "Spiderman was my fave for years. Later it was Iron Man. Most recently I have to go with The Tick.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"

I'm not familiar with The Tick, but I am a little familiar with you Phil. When you said SPOOOOOOOOOON I was thinking of something quite different.

::blushes::

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments Well, that's certainly nice, too!

But this is the one I meant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcm-J7...

message 10: by Sandysconnected (new)

Sandysconnected | 43 comments My daddy.

JUST KIDDING!!!! BWaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

My favorite currently is Kick Ass for a guy, Hit Girl for a girl.

message 11: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments super grover!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Myles! I love that you included The Question. I'll start with Wonder Woman, but then jump to:

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I like Smax and Irmageddon too, if they count.
[image error]

And the Metal Men!

And I loved the interaction between Booster Gold and the Blue Beetle in the early nineties JLA.

message 14: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I was introduced to comix late in life by my dh, and can't believe I spent my entire youth without them. My favs are (hopefully these fit into the superhero category even though they're unconventional):

Hellboy

Tank Girl
[image error]

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
[image error]

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Oh, Sher! Good choices on Hellboy and Tank Girl! I'm not a fan of Anita Blake, but the others are cool.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I came here for pictures of hot superheroines.

cries

message 17: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments You don't think Tank Girl is hot?!! I can't imagine why.... :P

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Is that better?

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Oh!
The Runaways!

message 21: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments These guys.

message 22: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Wonder Woman looks like a dude there, Sarah.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'll take her if you don't want her, Aynge. I think it's an awesome picture.

I really like the way Alex Ross draws her.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments

message 25: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Myles, I actually saw the movies before I read the comics, and I loved them. Tank Girl is super cheesy & off-the-wall which I don't mind, but it certainly isn't the blockbuster that the Hellboy movies were. I also really like Guillermo del Toro's style, but some people don't care for him at all cause he's a bit strange at times. I personally think the movies did do the comics justice, but I'm not an expert by any means.

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I can't tell if that comic is pro-lasso or anti.

message 27: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Who would be anti-lasso? That's part of her uber-coolness.

message 28: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Phil wrote: "These guys.

"

I used to watch them when I was a kid!

As for me I love the Phoenix. And Kabubi, the camel with wings from the cartoon Shazzan.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I enjoyed the Tank Girl movie a lot. I haven't read the whole run of the comic. The style didn't always do it for me, but they're fun.

Hellboy has a really distinctive style. I love the mythology. I loved the second movie even more than the first, and I enjoyed the first a lot. The first few comic collections are great.

message 30: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments My favorite was Rogue who was so complicated in the comics.

I really liked the She-Hulk. She could be 8 feet tall and green anytime she wanted without being insane with rage.

message 31: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Does Dr. Who count? We bought the first ever graphic novel for my 9 yr old daughter who's obsessed with him. And I think he's pretty cool myself. :)

message 32: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 250 comments Conventional, older Marvel superheroes. Spiderman. The Fantastic Four. And, especially, Dr. Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme!

message 33: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments It's a travesty there were only 9 episodes of The Tick. That show was hilarious.

message 34: by Greg Allan (new)

Greg Allan Holcomb | 1 comments Favorite Superhero: Probably Animal Man from the Pre-Vertigo era
Favorite Female Superhero: Ice (Maiden) from Justice League International
Favorite new Superhero: Nomad

For hot heroines checkout the Adam Hughes book _Cover Run_ . Beautiful. RandomAnthony wrote: "I came here for pictures of hot superheroines.

cries"

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments King Dinösaur wrote: "Iron Man has always been my favorite mainstream superhero. But The Tick definitely has a special place in my heart, as does Hellboy.

And, Jackie....just, no. Sherlock Holmes? No. He's great an..."

Must explain! I've been watching the new Sherlock BBC shows, and I've got a little crush going on both Sherlock, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, and Dr. Watson, played by Martin Freeman.

I know, Sherlock Holmes is not a proper superhero, but he's just so cooool!!!

Um. Okay. I'm very fond of the Incredibles family. :)

[image error]

message 36: by Lori (new)

Lori Hey none of you mentioned Phoenix Jones!
http://gawker.com/5731275/real+life-s...

message 37: by Phil (last edited Jan 12, 2011 09:46PM) (new)

Phil | 11703 comments Phineas and Ferb wrote and performed a song about aglets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxBA8...

message 38: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jan 13, 2011 06:49AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6033 comments Howard the Duck, trapped in a world he never made.

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I loved the Question. And the Incredibles.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmph, I wanted to contribute an Australian Super Hero. I couldn't think of any. :(

message 41: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I adore Phineas and Ferb. I secretly watch them with my daughter, but tell her it's "just cause she's watching" that I do. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I love the show too. It's amazing that my 2 year old likes it, since it's not really tailored for the age group.

message 43: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And good morning! 23 and 25 are really hot. And wasn't Tank Girl Australian?

I have a hard time thinking of a favorite superhero. I like Raven from the Teen Titans. I would have crushed on her in high school.

http://www.titanstower.com/assets/ani...

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Welcome to TC Greg Allan.

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments One more Phineas & Ferb reference, apropos of this thread.

They once made their own superhero, The Beak!

[image error]

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Tank Girl is indeed set in post-apocalyptic Australia. Hence these guys:
[image error]

I can't think of others, though. Hmm...

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments "Tatterdemalion" is a fun word. I first heard it in a Cormac McCarthy book.

message 48: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments I suppose it has its* charms, though ragamuffin rolls off the tongue easier.

"its," Barb, not "it's"

message 49: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments "ragamuffin" is a fun word. i first read it in a dostoyevski book.

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Oh, I really enjoyed the early nineties version of Ragman. I forgot about that!

« previous 1