Tennessee Goodreads discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I | 2 comments Mod
Hopefully, this group will get some members soon.

message 2: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. Hi Sarah I live near Nashville, I'm a busy mom who works full time and gets reading time in anywhere I can fit it in a day :) Nice to meet you!

message 3: by Alan Pendleton (new)

Alan Pendleton | 1 comments I'm in Northeast Tennessee, and I'm a graduate student in English. Nice to meet everyone!

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarabrans) Hi I'm Sara and live north of Nashville. I love to read and is the first thing I do when my daughter finally falls asleep. Nice to meet everyone!

message 5: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Hi I'm Brandi. I live in Johnson City and I'm a school counselor. I love to read and share book ideas!

message 6: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 5 comments Hi! I'm just north of Nashville. I'm addicted to books.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mundie (elizabethalphinmundie) | 3 comments Hi! I live, read, and write in Nashville.

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lalamprecht) | 1 comments I live outside of Knoxville and love to read with my two sweet dogs and husband.

message 9: by Hobbygirl (new)

Hobbygirl | 1 comments Hi! I live south of Knoxville. Im a mother and wife. I'm always reading something.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul Deane | 2 comments Hi! I grew up in Maryville, near Knoxville. Unfortunately, I've been gone for 50 years except for visits. Medical libarian.

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegardner) | 2 comments Hey! I live in Rutherford County, near Murfreesboro. After having spent the last 12 years reading mostly college student essays, I am now catching up on reading some popular fiction. I especially enjoy murder mysteries of the amateur sleuth variety, and I'm trying my hand at writing one.

message 12: by Wanda (last edited Sep 21, 2012 11:58AM) (new)

Wanda | 2 comments I'm north of Nashville & I'm addicted to books... paper, cassette, cd and e-reader--I don't discriminate. I like a lot of different genres, but will NEVER be old enough to read Stephen King.

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee Collins | 1 comments Hi! I live in Shelbyville. I love a good murder mystery, and I'm also enjoying reading some of the classics that I should have read years ago. What can I say?...I'm a late bloomer.

message 14: by Mandi (new)

Mandi | 12 comments I live in Seymour. It's just outside of South Knoxville. I love to read but if I can't read then I listen to audiobooks. :) I work full time and I'm a Scentsy Indepentent Consultant (which I absolutely love). I have a wonderful husband and a great son.
I would love to be a part for a very active and local group.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mundie (elizabethalphinmundie) | 3 comments Wanda wrote: "I'm north of Nashville & I'm addicted to books... paper, cassette, cd and e-reader--I don't discriminate. I like a lot of different genres, but will NEVER be old enough to read Stephen King."

I haven't gotten there yet, either. :)

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul Deane | 2 comments Renee wrote: "Hi! I live in Shelbyville. I love a good murder mystery, and I'm also enjoying reading some of the classics that I should have read years ago. What can I say?...I'm a late bloomer."

Hello Renee:
I grew up in Maryville. Love to read and hope to get to know you.

message 17: by Naomi (last edited Nov 08, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

Naomi | 5 comments Wanda wrote: "I'm north of Nashville & I'm addicted to books... paper, cassette, cd and e-reader--I don't discriminate. I like a lot of different genres, but will NEVER be old enough to read Stephen King."

You might like his new one though. It's not scary and I hear it's really good 11/22/63 by Stephen King

message 18: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 2 comments Naomi you read it first and let me know for sure that there isn't any horror stuff in it. Then I'll be glad to give it a try.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I | 2 comments Mod
Brock wrote: "Hi I'm Brock! I'm from Memphis. Am I the only West Tennessee member in here?"

No, Brock. I'm from Memphis too. Currently in Knoxville for school.

message 20: by Jed (new)

Jed Wright | 4 comments Hi I'm Jed! I am from Madisonville (Southeast) TN. I love to read the classics. I am a civil engineer and author.

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mundie (elizabethalphinmundie) | 3 comments Brock wrote: "Hi I'm Brock! I'm from Memphis. Am I the only West Tennessee member in here?"

I lived in Memphis for several years.

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica My name is Jessica andI live in Murfreesboro, TN. I am currently reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman. It's pretty good!

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela  (ablalock) | 2 comments Hi I'm Angela and I live in Sevierville. I love to read all types and always looking for new reads.

message 24: by Mandi (new)

Mandi | 12 comments Angela wrote: "Hi I'm Angela and I live in Sevierville. I love to read all types and always looking for new reads."

Hi Angela! I live right down the road from you in Seymour. How are you doing? Do you know of any local book groups that have some type of meetings?

message 25: by Lane (new)

Lane Willson (lanewillson) I'm in beautiful downtown West Knoxville, Tennessee, except of course for the hours spent at work in beautiful downtown Louisville, Tennessee. Unlike the wild kittens to our north, we actually pronounce it correctly as though it honors Louis Armstrong instead of some wimpy French "Sun King". The last couple of years have been dominated by memoirs and biographies, plus some clinical reading for work. Who knew figuring out how to stay sober a day at a time would involve so many volumes. But my favorites are not defined as much by genre, as by the life of the author. There is something about the soil of the South, maybe the right combination of minerals and manure,that creates a harvest of stories and story tellers.

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela  (ablalock) | 2 comments Mandi wrote: "Angela wrote: "Hi I'm Angela and I live in Sevierville. I love to read all types and always looking for new reads."

Hi Angela! I live right down the road from you in Seymour. How are you doing?..."

Hi Mandi....sorry I don't know of any local book clubs or groups :-(

message 27: by Mandi (new)

Mandi | 12 comments Angela wrote: "Mandi wrote: "Angela wrote: "Hi I'm Angela and I live in Sevierville. I love to read all types and always looking for new reads."

Hi Angela! I live right down the road from you in Seymour. How ..."

:-( That's what I thougt. I've looked around but found nothing. I wish someone could start one up, I just can't start up that responsibility due to my unpredictable work schedule but would love to be part of one.

message 28: by Tish (new)

Tish (chattiekat) Hello everyone! I live in Knoxville and work as an HR Manager in Jefferson City. I have four wonderful dogs that I enjoy spending time with. Like all of you, I love to read. My favorite genres are Christian Fiction and Inspirational. I'm a vegetarian attempting to transition to a vegan lifestyle. I look forward to getting to know you all.

message 29: by Wm. Scott (new)

Wm. Scott Conway (wsconway) | 1 comments Morristown, Tennessee here. Basic bibliophile. Love to study theology, philosophy, politics, and some history. Also love classic fiction.

Love C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien.

message 30: by Jed (last edited Mar 30, 2013 07:27AM) (new)

Jed Wright | 4 comments Jed wrote: "Hi I'm Jed! I am from Madisonville (Southeast) TN. I love to read the classics. I am a civil engineer and author."

I Will Never Leave You (Wake Up, O Sleeper #2) by Jed Wright

Would love to hear from some of you guys about my new release "I Will Never Leave You". It is the sequel to "Wake Up, O Sleeper". Both books, though fiction, feature many scenes in and around the mountains of east TN. I am a lifelong resident of Monroe County, TN. Thanks!

message 31: by David (new)

David Long | 1 comments Hi, David here. I live in Sweetwater, TN. I didn't get into reading until i was about 21, I had just returned to the states from Iraq and Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code was hitting its peek in popularity, so i watched the movie and read the book. Being raised small-town-old-fashion-church and never exposed to such off the wall claims and controversial issues made me think and ask myself what i really know about the Church and my Christian faith. Do I buckled down and started researching which led me to reading books and articles on church history, apologetics, and theology. Well I'm still 'researching' and have grown very fond of the classics and Philosophy.

message 32: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 2 comments Hello all. I grew up in Knoxville but have spent my adult life in Nashville. I am also author of a book about 1860 Nashville. (If I shouldn't mention that I will delete it.). Glad to meet my fellow volunteers!

message 33: by Gina (new)

Gina (goodreadscomginaandgary) | 6 comments Hi there, Live in Knoxville. Joined this club awhile ago but haven't posted any comments yet. I have several books on my list to read and a couple I'm reading now. Columbine (which I'm not sure I'll finish). In the Woods (just started)... Recently finished Me Before You.... Loved it ! I hope this group is active !!

message 34: by Mandi (new)

Mandi | 12 comments Hey Gina, if you are looking for a very active group then I have a suggestion for you...
Modern Good Reads
I'm a part of that group and they are always doing something. Plus if you like to do Read 4 Review then that would be a great place for you. They have tons of R4R!
It's nice to meet you! I live in Seymour but work in South Knoxville. I just love the area! :)

message 35: by Gina (new)

Gina (goodreadscomginaandgary) | 6 comments Thanks Mandi... Joined...

Gina

message 36: by Mandi (new)

Mandi | 12 comments Gina, you are very welcome! I know you will enjoy being a part of that group. :)