TV We've Just Watched discussion

48 views
Cancelled/Series Ended > Survivor: Redemption Island

Comments Showing 1-50 of 411 (411 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Here's a link to pictures of the cast.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/za...

Is anyone playing in a Pick-em game?


message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments And the final two members of this season's cast.

Am I the only one who doesn't like seeing Russell and Rob play again?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162...


message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I'm not sure how I feel about Rob and Russell again. I love Rob but Russell is such a big mouth.
And no one better quit this time!! I hope that they did a better job at picking the rest of the cast.


message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 29 comments Russell, again? How many times is that man gonna lose?


message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Funny!! Maybe he's learned something about the game? Naaahhhh.


message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments I think Russell knows the game fairly well but I think he needs some help learning about people and how they react to him. Personally, I like Russell because I find him entertaining but I really don't want to see him (or Rob) again. And I agree that no one better quit this time!


message 7: by Tressa (last edited Feb 12, 2011 06:33AM) (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Bark, the only redeeming thing about having Russell on yet again is to watch him lose. I'm hoping for a vote out the first or second episode, or another final tribal loss. *snicker*

He will never get it through that thick head of his that being devilish and trying to stir up trouble and somehow making it to the end because of 1) dumb-as-rock players who should know better and didn't vote him out or 2) just plain luck does not mean you're the greatest player ever. If you have no social game at all then that means YOU LOSE.


message 8: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments you are not the only one michael! i don't need to see people a third or fourth time for chrissakes.


message 9: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I agree. Enough is frickin' enough. We've seen Parvati, James, and crybaby Amanda too many times. As much as I like Rob, I've seen too much of him. He's older, slower, and married with kids. His heart isn't in it like it was 10 years ago. Those were the days! And I've definitely seen too much of Russell Hantz. Don't know how I'm going to stomach his redneck self and annoying voice for very long.


message 10: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments Thanks Tressa for helping me find this :)


message 11: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) My pleasure. Look forward to bitching with you.


message 12: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments LOL


message 13: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Gah! My son loves a show called Top Shot. It's a reality show about two teams of marksmen who compete in shooting challenges. The host is Colby Donaldson and he comes off as a Probst wanna-be.

I can't help but be so disappointed by the aging Colby. You know how your image of someone becomes disillusioned the longer you hear them speak or watch them? That's what happened with me and Colby. He was the biggest, bravest, strongest Survivor IMO for many shows, and when he was on All Stars he sucked ass instead of kicking it. Then recently he pissed me off just lying around and giving up.

Just thought I'd star the bitching early.


message 14: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments Was that the craziest first tribal or what LOL


message 15: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) For me, the man to hate is not Russell--yet--but that nut Phillip. I can't stand braggarts. And how could he stand around in those fuchsia undies and hold a serious conversation. Not many men creep me out, but he does me.

I had a feeling Russhole and Farm Boy would clash eventually. Russhole likes to think he can talk to people any way he wants, but when they do the same to him, he can't handle it. I want him sent to Redemption Island and for him to lose the challenge and be sent packing. I don't think I can take weeks of him.

Lots of generic girls. My God, Rob has groupies, which is good for him. He got some bad luck last time and some morons ended up voting him out.

Christina has ZERO friends at camp now. I think I would have prayed to go home. She really started off on the wrong foot. She's smart and strong and should have aligned herself with Rob from the get go.

This looks to be a good season.


message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Did you really think he wouldn't have groupies?? Rob is a stinker but he's a nice guy. I liked that no one was really happy to see Russell.
If Christina thought that this game was a walk in the park, she just got a HUGE wake up call.
And that was the best tribal councel! Christina looked like a kid caught in the cookie jar. She should have just denied having the idol and made the others look like liars. We are all used to liars on this game. And they get respect in many cases! Honesty hold no rewards on the island.
I hope that the season continues to be interesting 'cause last season sucked.


message 17: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Does anyone think the tribes were uneven where strength is concerned? Seems like Rob's team has a lot of females and the other has a lot of males. Rob's team could barely push those carts in the challenge.

It was funny how happy people were to see Rob, but then Russell got out and everyone's smile turned upside down. Except for that short girl with dark hair who for some reason was thrilled that Russell was playing again. I don't like her already.


message 18: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments - i'm just not a fan of yet another season with russell & rob (although i do sorta like rob). it is very hard to get past that. in general, i hate celebrity worship and this seems to be what survivor and especially jeff probst is engaging in.

- this was an uncomfortable and at-times hard to watch episode because I FUCKING HATE PHILLIP SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN STAND LOOKING AT HIM! ugh, i knew it would be a problem right at the very beginning during those corny interviews with him and the christian male bimbo and the redneck (who i like, so far). it is like he is mentally disabled, except that is an insult to the mentally disabled. every single scene with him in it was like nails on chalkboard. the bad thing is, since rob has predictably seized total control, phillip can be strung along for a while because they may want to keep him for his physical strength, which means more screen time for this unbearably pathetic character. i surely hope not. he is like Coach (first season) times 100. just so embarrassing to watch. embarrassing for his fellow humans.

- i was sad that my first favorite was also the first to go! she was pretty entertaining. i can't imagine she'll last too long on Redemption Island.

- i understand why all the bimbos (male & female alike) flocked to rob. bimbos are often groupies, which is pathetic but true. so no surprise there. it is funny to think that they are so starstruck, that perhaps they were so impressed by his leadership skills in Heroes vs Villains that they forgot that rob was a leader ON THE VILLAINS TEAM. have they no clue that as great as he is, he is also a ruthless villain who won't think twice about sacrificing you, and like all villains, will sneer & bully & be petty if the situation allows for it. he's not a sweet, good guy, he's a canny asshole. the rob-pack is a bunch of dopes for not realizing that and just looking up at him in glazed adoration. like lambs to the slaughter, most like.

- here's something i don't understand: why didn't either of the two smart girls try to form an alliance with him? i guess they resented his hypnosis of the rob-pack too much. but if they remember rob's seasons, they would have recalled that rob respects intelligence - but only as long as he is confident they are on his side. he's always had alliances, some with folks who are not-so-bright but some with folks who obviously clever (sandra, tyson, even vecepia back in the day). they should have swallowed their pride and approached him as soon as they could, before they made their hit list.

- i sure hope russell doesn't last long. it would be really satisfying to see him ousted soon. about the only thing i'm looking forward to regarding russell & rob is their eventual stand-off on redemption island. hopefully.

- oh boy Survivor & CBS & Sprint were really trying to convince the audience that Redemption Island was such a good idea with all those strange 'What If' scenarios during commercial breaks. that was pretty stupid.


message 19: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Rob (and I like him) and Russell need to be retired for good after this one. It is churning my stomach in anticipation of having to watch that little sad sack clown Russell bluster his way through another season. I'm already hating having to listen to his confessional bragging about how wonderful he is. God, how can any woman be married to that asshole?

LOL. I can't stand Phillip either. And his nose looks like a penis. In fact, his face looks like some effed up Dr. Moreau experiment.

mark, I'm also wondering why the two smart girls didn't align with Rob. I agree that he appreciates alliances with smart females, as long as they're loyal. Why Christine would want to go against him, I don't know. She really is setting herself apart from everyone; she.is.fucked. I really like Francesca.

Why in the world did those women continue to confide in Phillip when he acted batshit the first time they talked to him about an alliance?

I thought the first "what if" scenario was interesting, but after the second I can honestly say, Survivor, we get it. Please stop with the scenarios!


message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Bobbie: "Was that the craziest first tribal or what"

Yes, and it was great!


Tressa: "For me, the man to hate is not Russell--yet--but that nut Phillip"

I agree, I hate the guy, but I also love him because he's so interesting to watch! He's definitely (so far) this season's Survivor I love to hate.


message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Kathy wrote: "Christina looked like a kid caught in the cookie jar. She should have just denied having the idol and made the others look like liars."

I agree but I don't know if she would have gotten away with it because Rob was suspecting her of having it. I think she just should have given it to him when he asked her for it because then she might have won his trust. Now I don't think she has anything in her future but a face-off duel with Francesca on R.I.


message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Tressa wrote: "then Russell got out and everyone's smile turned upside down. Except for that short girl with dark hair who for some reason was thrilled that Russell was playing again. I don't like her already.

Tressa, I absolutely love your devoted dislike of Russell!


message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments mark wrote: "I FUCKING HATE PHILLIP SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN STAND LOOKING AT HIM! . . . every single scene with him in it was like nails on chalkboard."

For you, Mark!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrQyfj...

I'm not going to defend Phillip but so far I love the guy because his insanity is hilarious. I'm not mocking him (or anyone) because of any possible disability and hopefully you know me well enough to know that, but as a player in the game, I think his bragging, his know-it-all attitude, his ego and his underwear is funny. He's the uber Coach.


message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments mark wrote: "- here's something i don't understand: why didn't either of the two smart girls try to form an alliance with him? "

I think you answered your own question with your commentary on the "Rob Pack". Like you said, he's a canny asshole and he knows that the smart players will see through that, which Kristina did immediately, so he surrounds himself with the dopes and pushes the smart players away. To Rob, and probably rightly so, the smart players, not the strong players, are the threat. I'd better stop now before I start liking him!

Go Phillip! LOL!


message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments mark wrote: "- oh boy Survivor & CBS & Sprint were really trying to convince the audience that Redemption Island was such a good idea with all those strange 'What If' scenarios during commercial breaks. that was pretty stupid."

I thought those commercials were terrible. They take 10 minutes out of the show to try and convince us that the R.I. twist is a good one and I would have much rather had 10 more minutes of actual show than those promos. And the thing they forget about the R.I. twist is that sometimes people on Survivor don't deserve second chances.


message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I don't think that RI is a second chance for the cast but a twist that they hope will give the show longer life.
And I too hate the what if commercials. They are truly annoying and I don't give a damn. The past shows are over and done.


message 27: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Does anyone other than me have trouble remembering the winner of Survivor a week after it's over? So, Kathy, so true that the past shows are over and done, really over and done for me, lol.

Oh, I don't deny that Phillip isn't good Survivor material. It is with pleasure that I look forward to hating and mocking him for as long as he's on the island.


message 28: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments How about those underwear LOL He would be more interest if he lost those LOL


message 29: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Bobbie, that's something I could never unsee.


message 30: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments LOL Tressa but it may make him more interesting LOL You know how us smut sisters think LMAO I don't understand why he was stripped down to those god awful briefs. I don't remember Rob in his undies LOL That I would remember LOL


message 31: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Now Rob I would like to see in his undies. And Ozzy.

I hate when the young women wear those ass-bearing shorts and bikini bottoms on Survivor. Have some self-respect. You're not going to advance whatever career you're trying to advance by showing your ASSetts. Plus, they know they have to do physical challenges, and I can't stand when their crotch has to get fuzzed over because their clothes don't fit when they're kicking and stretching. Disgusting.


message 32: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie | 21 comments LOL
My DH kept saying throughout the whole show "Boxers dude get some cool boxers" I LMAO cause my dear hubby never says "Dude" LOL


message 33: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments Michael wrote: "For you, Mark..."

that was...horrible. just horrible.


message 34: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Fingernails on chalkboard has never bothered me. Cotton rubbed on dry teeth make me shiver.


message 35: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments i also hate the sound of thick, plegmy coughs. like the one the guy right outside of my office has on a continual basis. he's not even a smoker!


message 36: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Oh, I hate that, too. Makes me sick when I'm eating and someone does it. Of course, lately I've been the culprit since my allergies/asthma have been kicking up.

I get sick to my stomach when I see that someone spit on a sidewalk. Makes me want to barf.


message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Tressa wrote: "I hate when the young women wear those ass-bearing shorts and bikini bottoms on Survivor."

I don't know... the jury is still out on that one :)


message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments I really don't like any type of public coughing. I went to an Asian buffet last night and I look up to the sound of public coughing and see this guy at the buffet coughing. He was nice enough to cough into the crook of his arm, but it was enough to make me decide to order off the menu. For the record, public throat-clearing is alright!


message 39: by Lori (last edited Feb 20, 2011 08:07PM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Well here we go again! I CAN NOT STAND RUSSELL & NOW TO ADD TO THAT LIST PHILLIP!

First off lets ask the question "Has any of these fuckers ever seen Survivor?" Because it seems to me that they haven't! If they had, one would think they would wear more comfortable cloths. All the men should wear boxer briefs & the women as well for that matter. I for one am sick of all the little cloudy spots over the girls asses. We know what the hell there from, so wear something that covers your ass! And have the women never heard of a sports bra? Please bitches & son's of wear the appropriate clothing!

Secondly if the producers want Rob & Russhole (thanks for the name T) to have a million bucks, then way don't they just make something up like they did with Rupert Boneham. Whom i liked by the way, i know some of you didn't. But if they can make something up for him, surely they can do the same now. Don't make us suffer through with Russhole the Troll again! I love Rob but, enough is enough!

And Third up is "The ever changing rules"! I don't know how long some of you have been watching, but i've been here from the start. I remember when you didn't want a vote cast for you EVER! Because if there was a tie, they would go back & see if you had votes from other Tribal Council's & if you did how many. They would add them to what you have at this TC & then the one with the most would go home. Now if there's a tie they start a fire & the fastest one wins. I hate the Hidden Immunity Idol, always have always will! And i don't know about you all, but how many shows have you seen where they get all the tools & stuff they need to make a shelter? Lets call that what it is "BULLSHIT"! Now to put a cherry on top we have Redemption Island, please make them stop! With Francesca on RI even if Russhole gets voted off next time, he'd be back. She can't win against him physically. And last but not least, (and i know there have been other changes, but way too many to list) they moved to Wednesday night! After all these years on Thursday night they just up & move. Why? I can not stand American Idol, but millions of people do. I sure hope Survivor can hold it's own against AI, because if not, bye bye Survivor. And IMO that would be a sad day for TV. I wish they would go back to Thursday night.
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/...

I do have to say that this season didn't start out boring. That idiot Kristina finding the HI without any clues was a Russhole thing to do & like him she told someone. And not just one person, but two. Yes she deserves to be called an idiot! Both her & Francesca do. Trusting a man that you didn't believe was telling the truth about his profession, yet you wanted to make an alliance with him? Can you say "DUMB ASSES"!

Well till next time good night & see ya!


message 40: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 50 comments Hi people, I am new to this group but I recognize a few of you from TC. I LOVE reality TV and am so happy to have somewhere to get all my comments in. That said....

Phillip is a freak! no wonder our government is such a mess. those underwear have scarred me for life! What about Russell's little alliance that stepped off the boat in green high heels?! really?! I like Russell because I think he is a great manipulator and player even if he is cocky as hell. Rob also is playing his same game and has his groupies in his pocket. I don't think Phillip will get voted off right away because he can be a physical asset and his antics will be over the top.
Lori, I don't like the change from Thursday either. I also watch AI, which is amazing this season, and it is now Wednesday and Thursday. Thank goodness for the DVR!


message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Lori wrote: "And Third up is "The ever changing rules"!

As a Russell fan (in the game, not outside the game) I really enjoy reading messages from people who don't like him so after reading your message I know I'm going to enjoy your take on the season! And I love the "Russhole" name!

About the rule, yeah, I agree completely. The "star" of Survivor used to be the game itself and they've pretty much ruined all that with the twists and the stunt casting. I don't really care for anthing that changes the dynamics of the game and that includes the hidden idol and now Redemption Island.



message 42: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments ms.petra wrote: "Hi people, I am new to this group but I recognize a few of you from TC. I LOVE reality TV and am so happy to have somewhere to get all my comments in. That said....

Phillip is a freak! no wonder o..."


Hello and welcome!

I also don't like the switch to Wednesday because of the AI conflict. I've only been watching bits and pieces of the audition shows but some of the singers I've seen have been really good. I don't know names yet, but that African-American kid who sang "Georgia" last week blew me away and that other kid who played the stand up bass was also great.


message 43: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) We tape everything so we don't have to sit through commercials, but we're not watching AI this year so it wouldn't matter anyway.

About AI, there seems to be a lot of great, blow-me-away talent at the audition, but then they suck at the next stage and then disappoint throughout the show.

I accidentally read the spoiler that's been going around. Grrrrrrrr! It's not like I was in a site where spoilers abounded, it just happened to be mentioned in some comments.


message 44: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments i don't watch AI...too depressing! and irritating. too much mockery.


message 45: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments T i no longer have a DVR so i have to put up with the fing commercials. When i get back home to stay it will be one of the first things i get! LOL

No matter though, i still wouldn't watch AI.


message 46: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I am so done with AI. I do like watching people perform and make a fool out of themselves. But last season sucked!

I could never go back to pre-DVR days. I bet you can't wait to hook it up again. I've always hated loud, shrieking commercials trying to sell me shit I don't want or need. God, and nowadays it seems like there's 10 mins. of commercials!


message 47: by Michael (last edited Feb 24, 2011 07:05AM) (new)

Michael | 422 comments Where do I go if I want surveys? What about Oy Veys? Or a Flower Vase?


message 48: by Michael (new)

Michael | 422 comments Survivor last night - another great episode I thought and I hate to say that because the only reason it was great was because of Rob. I liked the confrontation between Russell and Ralph and it's official now, I don't like Ralph! Here's what I don't get - he confronted Russell on the clue he found and Russell gave him an ambiguous answer like, "I may have", and I don't know why Ralph didn't take that for what it was (a roundabout admission) and leave it alone. What did he gain by confronting Russell? Any thoughts on Matt shaking hands with the other tribe after the challenge loss? I agree with Rob and Grant that he shouldn't have done it.


message 49: by mark (last edited Feb 24, 2011 10:45AM) (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 365 comments 180 degrees apart in perspective, as usual...i love ralph! actually, i didn't even know that was his name, i've just been referring to him mentally as 'the little hairball'. he is now my favorite character. his confrontation with russell was great precisely because it made russell look like the pathetic scrambler that we all know he is. russell is a great player but has no clue how to talk himself out of bad situations. he just gets defensive and then offensive; the typical reactions of a liar and bully. go, ralph! bring russell down! the only down-side to that was that we were again forced to have to listen to russell boast about how he'll treat folks 'who mess with THE russell hantz'. is there a more self-aggrandizing jackass in survivor history? someone needs to remind him that he's actually never won the game.

i was particularly annoyed that russell has aligned himself with the two bitchiest, most petty girls on his tribe. at least in prior seasons, he aligned himself with either pleasant (natalie, jaeson, mitch) or interesting (parvati, jerri) players. this time he's allied himself with two bitchy sorority girl types, ugh.

rob was very entertaining last night, and again showed his true villainous colors. he's pretty enjoyable. however, i thought it was ludicrous that they voted out matt. typical villainous paranoia. yes, matt shaking hands was lame. yes, matt being close to andrea MAY prove a threat in, oh, 6 weeks or so. but i thought rob really jumped the gun and threw away both a loyal vote and a strong physical player. it was unnecessary, but hey, that's what villains do: they cut throats at the drop of a hat.

a bit less of philip this episode, and that made me happy. i am counting the days til he is voted out.


message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Ok, so last nights episode started out pretty good. I have found someone to cheer for. Go Ralph!!! I like that he kept his mouth SHUT about finding the idol. The first one to find it without help and kept his find to himself! The only thing he did wrong was not staying on Troll Russhole. He should have pushed him till the shithead showed all of his faces. Again i say go Ralph!!!!

As for Troll man, who does he think he is? He makes me sick! I'm soooo over looking at his ugly face & listening to his whinny voice that i could scream! Yes someone should remind him he hasn't won. That would've been the one thing, IMO, that Ralph could have done to push him over the edge. Yeah i think he would've went nuts if anyone had the nerve to tell him that. Yes Mark he would go after "two bitchy sorority girl types", again IMO, because they don't have one brain between them. He can manipulate them easy enough. This talking about himself in the third party is annoying as all get out. UG!!!!!!

I never thought of Rob as a villain, just a really good player. But i have to agree with Mark, he should've gotten rid of Philip while he had the chance. I understand why he voted off Matt, but in this case he would have been better off asking/talking to him about what he did & why he did it. I guess only time will tell if he fucked up or not. But we all know what happens to players when they do not get rid of a wild card. And make no mistake Philip is just that. He really needs to go!

Now we have two players on Redemption Island. I don't know any more about what will happen then anyone else, but i'm going to take a guess. Jeff said something about fighting it out & the last one would be put back in. Maybe Francesca & Matt have some kind of battle & whoever wins stays till the next one shows up, and they do it again. For how long is another guess, maybe till the last 7 or so still standing. But i could be wrong, it sure wouldn't be the first time or the last!

Well till next time good night & see ya!


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
back to top