Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Describe the place beneath you please...

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I have a crawlspace. Dirt floor, covered in plastic sheeting and layered with boxes of clothing and currently unused items. Hinged trap door, exposed insulation.

What about beneath you? Whatcha got down there?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments OH. Here at work they built a room within a room and it sounded like they were trying to drill directly into my chair. I would jump and yip several times a day. Now, blissfully quiet.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Finished basement - painted drywall, tile floor, drop ceiling - separate furnace and laundry rooms - and a shitload of records, tapes, books, and magazines.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (last edited Jan 11, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

Do you hang your old rock concert posters and neon signs up down there troll Phil Clark?

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Finished basement - bare concrete floor, pool table, heavy couch with fold out bed, drywall, some wood grain paneling, drop ceiling, weight bench, lots of old comics, books, and cds.

message 6: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sally wrote: "Do you hang your old rock concert posters and neon signs up down there troll Phil Clark?"

I never really collected posters, Sally. Got one of these, though:

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, God. It's gross down there. I need to clean.

message 8: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Beneath me is a cement slab.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

My second grade teacher, Miss Stroh, was a first year teacher and she had a Stroh's beer mug on her overhead cart. It was scandalous and thrilling all at once.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Two floors of hotel rooms here at the Marriott Courtyard Lloyd Center Portland. Another level of parking garage beneath that.

message 11: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Creech | 100 comments Fifteen floors of people running the rat race. Below that, 3 floor of parking garage. Below that, not much. We've got to be getting close to sea level by now.

message 12: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments the room of one of the roommates. i believe she's not home at the moment, but her huge tv is probably still there.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm at work, so just concrete slab beneath me at the moment.
At home, I'm in an apartment on the 3rd floor, and the lobby is directly beneath me, with a little waiting area with couches and a table, and the mailboxes. It's nice. :)

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments At home - concrete slab sitting on top of foundation columns with a nasty crawl space underneath... OR when it's raining, where the dogs like to seek shelter while I get my dumbass soaked trying to pull them out.

At work - concrete slab. Boooring. :/

message 15: by Heidi (last edited Jan 11, 2011 10:19AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Clark wrote: "Sally wrote: "Do you hang your old rock concert posters and neon signs up down there troll Phil Clark?"

I never really collected posters, Sally. Got one of these, though:

"

Nice basement decor, Clark. :)

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Concrete slab beneath me.

message 17: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I'm in one of the libraries, so the ITS department, computer lab, and Media Resources Center (MRC) is beneath me

message 18: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Below me is a Chevrolet Showroom... complete with shiny cars and car salesmen.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Shiney salesmen?

message 20: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Larry wrote: "Shiney salesmen?"

Actually, now that you point it out, they're slick rather than shiny.

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ::makes mental note to stay away from Kristina's car salesmen::

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Basement. Half finished, half unfinished. I keep a dehumidifier running constantly, but it stays pretty dry.

message 23: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments There are eight storeys of other apartments below mine, then a lobby, a basement, a foundation, bedrock, and the core of the earth. More or less.

message 24: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments the core of the earth is beneath me too. what a coincidence!

message 25: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Then we must be neighbors!

message 26: by Stina (last edited Jan 11, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Seriously... They're actually all very nice down there. I would trust them to sell a car to any of my friends.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Are you dating one of them, Kristina?

message 28: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments Nope... they're not that nice.

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh okay. I wasn't judging. :)

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori One of those big ass yoga balls. That's what is directly beneath me.

message 31: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Two cushions, a Scandanavian style chair, a hardwood floor, two other apartments, a half-underground unfinished basement partitioned into storage spaces, a concrete slab, soil.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nothing below the soil?

message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori The core of the earth. And then comes China.

message 34: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ana Ng!

message 35: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Bodies, certainly. Maybe an aquifer down there, somewhere. Dolomitic limestone bedrock? If I lived downtown, the Deep Tunnel might be underneath me.

message 36: by Jammies (new)

Jammies At work, a branch of the University of Akron convenience store, Zee's.

At home, a big unfinished basement.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 11, 2011 04:59PM) (new)

I'm at work, apart from a chair, a plastic thingy wingy, carpet, floor of some unknown substance. Under that is an old factory filled with contruction equipment originally used by the company owner for his art work, plus the sewing machine equipment for making the clip on ties that was the companies original bread and butter, plus one grand piano. (I don't know why that is there.)

message 38: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Describe the place beneath me?

That's just about every place. I'm just that good, that everything is beneath me. :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Demi God or a fully fledged God Phil?

message 40: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Demi Snob, perhaps?

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

I knew someone like Phil would catch me on that. I knew it!

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments May I complain that I went down to the basement today to get the shovel and ended up having to walk through a sea of sawdust in my socks, since a roommate had been building something a couple of weeks ago and hasn't cleaned up yet, and I ended up getting a thousand splinters in my feet that I didn't discover until I was outside shoveling, and then I had to take off my boot to brush off my sock, and my boot fell over and got snow in it and then I had to put it back on.
Stupid basement.

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments She's not bad. It was just irritating. She does seem to get things done, just not on as fast a scale as I'd like.