Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Alison's 50 books for 2011

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) Ooo you've got some really good books on your list. I'll be interested to see what you think of some of them :-)

message 2: by Tory (new)

Tory (nghtstlkr64) | 128 comments I just finished Bridget Jones/Edge of Reason. Didn't much care for the first one but Edge of Reason was a lot of fun.

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 796 comments Great list! I have read 28 of them!

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments I'm still plugging away with pride and prejudice but I am loving it!!!

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 796 comments Alison wrote: "I'm still plugging away with pride and prejudice but I am loving it!!!"

My favorite book!

message 6: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1877 comments Mod
Wow, great list--a nice mix of classics, big books, new books, and fun books! And applause for being organized! :) (I make lists like that then usually stray from it within a few weeks.)

Good luck!

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments I have a lot more books on my list than this, so I know I will jump from here to the rest of the list! I just finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer last night. I finish the twilight books really fast!

Tiffany wrote: "Wow, great list--a nice mix of classics, big books, new books, and fun books! And applause for being organized! :) (I make lists like that then usually stray from it within a few weeks.)

Good ..."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to hear what you think of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies when you've finished it, especially since you liked Pride and Prejudice so much.
I almost couldn't get through the Zombie version. It's like P&P but with a really obvious wink and it was a little too crass for me at times.

message 9: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments so, my Nook took a crap on me and I am waiting for the replacement part (and have been for a month) so I am rereading and finishing The Purpose Driven Life by rick Warren. Hopefully I have the part this week and I can finish Little Women and get busy reading since I am now behind on my 50 books.

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments ok so I finished the Purpose driven Life and am still waiting on my Nook cord!! It has been over a month now since I have ordered it. The times I have called Customer Service they cant track the package. I have really had it with barnes and noble!! I might just go in to the store and by myself a new one if I dont get this thing SOON!!!! They even sent me another one (so there are 2 in the mail somewhere) and that one was supposed to be here last week and as you can guess, it hasnt made it either!!!

message 11: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Vetsch I hope you get your cord soon! I don't know what I would do without my Kindle. It's become such a fixture in my room as well as my purse :)

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments OK so I have been doing terrible on my reading!!! I have only read a couple books this year. I have read Purpose Driven Life, Pride and Prejudice, and The Girl with the Dragon tattoo. I am working on The Girl who Played with fire right now and hopefully I'll get that done soon! My goal now is to read 2 more books before the end of the year! I want to finish the series I am reading for sure.

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments I finished the Girl Who Played with fire and it was one of those books I couldnt put down. I am now in the middle of the third and final book of the series, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. I am making a goal for myself to get this one done by New Years Day. Hopefully I make it! I will add a post to the 50 books I will read next year. I wrote out a list of about 5000 books that I want to read sometime, but I dont think I will get them all read next year!! lol :)

message 14: by Alison (last edited Apr 06, 2012 02:30PM) (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments Here are the 50 books that I have on my list to read in 2012. I have a lot of different series on this list!I am putting on 100 just in case I read more then 50 books!

The Power of a Praying Wife
The Wedding Caper
Gone with the Groom
Pushing Up Daisies (Bridal Mayhem Mystery #3)
Life-Giving Love: Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage
The Last Year Of Being Married
The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work
An Ideal Husband
Sex and the Supremacy of Christ
The Love Dare
To Have and to Hold
Love Walked In
Redeeming Love
Your Heart Belongs to Me
Vision in White
Bed of Roses
Savor the Moment
Happy Ever After
The Christmas Wedding
The Four Loves
The Marriage Diaries: A Novel
The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family
The Five Love Languages: Men's Edition: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
The Diaries of Adam and Eve
Sacred Marriage: Celebrating Marriage as a Spiritual Discipline
Sacred Sex: A Spiritual Celebration of Oneness in Marriage
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert
Awkward Family Photos
The Wedding Book: The Big Book for Your Big Day
To Have and to Hold
The Marriage Game
For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
Life Laughs: The Naked Truth About Motherhood, Marriage, and Moving On
Created to Be His Help Meet: Discover How God Can Make Your Marriage Glorious
Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You MarryHer Hand in Marriage: Biblical Courtship in the Modern World
Her Hand in Marriage
This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence
Love and War
The Good Wife
The Good Wife Strikes Back
When Sinners Say I Do: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage
A Woman Madly in Love
Women in Love
Ten Stupid Things Couples Do to Mess Up Their Relationships
Good News About Sex and Marriage: Answers to Your Honest Questions About Catholic TeachingThe Five-Minute Marriage
Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your RelationshipHoneymoon
Wifework: What Marriage Really Means for Women
One Door Away from Heaven
The Husband
Even Now
Ever After
Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: Stories
Jingle Bells, Wedding Bells
The Proper Care and Feeding of MarriageHow to Make a Good Marriage Great!Secrets of a Very Good Marriage: Lessons from the Sea
Love
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Till Death Do Us Part

If you pay attention to these, you should see a common thread!! :) I also might read some off of the other list from this year that I didn't get done. That is if I get tired of all these mushy books!