Love Inspired Historicals discussion

LIH and LI book covers

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 10, 2011 05:51PM) (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Is it just me or are the covers lighter than usual? Not as sturdy. I just noticed that when I bought Lyn's Her Healing Ways and felt like it was lighter than my other LIH and LI books.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I hadn't noticed that, but I just bought a couple LIH's and I'm going to go check (they're at my sister's now, making the rounds).

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I hadn't noticed the latest I got was Jillians book. am reading a sept one at present.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I notice some are different as they bend easier when I read them. I like that I don't have to hold it stiff to read. I only see them with some books.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments It was a random thing I noticed. It was from December, so maybe it was just that book. I have no clue. I don't know why I noticed, but I did. lol

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments The December covers seem the same to me, but there was a big change in January. The covers are a matte finish instead of glossy. Also the "Love Inspired Historical" stripe is smaller. I like both changes, especially the smaller stripe. More room for the lovely artwork!

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Wonder if the change is because they are changing to 4 a month hopefully will see when I get to Hawaii end of next week.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Victoria wrote: "The December covers seem the same to me, but there was a big change in January. The covers are a matte finish instead of glossy. Also the "Love Inspired Historical" stripe is smaller. I like both..."

LOL maybe it was just that one book.

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Jennifer I got a Feb book and its matt not sure what I think of that doesn't feel as good to me yet.

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

It's something how the feel can make a difference, isn't it? I think that's why I haven't warmed up to my Kindle yet -- I just like the feel of a book in my hands.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "It's something how the feel can make a difference, isn't it? I think that's why I haven't warmed up to my Kindle yet -- I just like the feel of a book in my hands."

I want one, but then again I love holding a book in my hands. I just don't know. Although it would be nice to have books on digital format. I could keep them longer for sure. I have the Kindle APP for my macbook

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Jennifer I got a Feb book and its matt not sure what I think of that doesn't feel as good to me yet."

lol yeah, i dont know why I noticed these things. I just did.

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Ausjenny--You're going to Hawaii! I love Hawaii!

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Yes Lyn I leave here for Adelaide today then hawaii tomorrow night from Sydney quite exciting.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments yeah, i just bought the historicals for this month...me no likey the new covers. They do feel lighter and just weird...look good but feel weird in the hands.

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Jennifer wrote: "yeah, i just bought the historicals for this month...me no likey the new covers. They do feel lighter and just weird...look good but feel weird in the hands."

I feel same way too.

message 17: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Trade-size books on my shelves are almost all matte, but I agree. The texture feels funny in a mass market paperback. One thing I like a lot, though, is the small "Love Inspired Historical" ribbon/logo. The covers are too pretty to cover up!

message 18: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Really interesting observations!

Janet, I haven't warmed up to my Kindle for the same reasons.

Dream

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Dream -- I'm a real dinosaur when it comes to the Kindle. I was getting ready to buy some books recently and told myself I should get them as ebooks for my Kindle. But I felt like I wouldn't 'get' anything for my money if I didn't get a physical book in return. It makes no sense whatsoever, but there I am --

message 20: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Janet, I feel the same way! I think we'll have to be dinosaurs together. :)

Dream

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Dream -- I'm a real dinosaur when it comes to the Kindle. I was getting ready to buy some books recently and told myself I should get them as ebooks for my Kindle. But I felt like I wouldn't 'get..."

lol my thoughts exactly!

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Love Inspired wrote: "Really interesting observations!

Janet, I haven't warmed up to my Kindle for the same reasons.

Dream"

I am weird to notice things like that! lol

message 23: by Janet (last edited Jan 25, 2011 06:43PM) (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Jennifer wrote: "Victoria wrote: "The December covers seem the same to me, but there was a big change in January. The covers are a matte finish instead of glossy. Also the "Love Inspired Historical" stripe is smal..."

I just got my author copies for my March book. I like the smaller stripe and the matte finish is fine but there is a bit of a grainy feel.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Victoria wrote: "The December covers seem the same to me, but there was a big change in January. The covers are a matte finish instead of glossy. Also the "Love Inspired Historica..."

Yes! Looks great, I just don't like the feel. But oh well! Won't stop me from reading them. lol

message 25: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I haven't seen the matte LIH covers but I think this is a trend in historicals. The last two trade historical series I did for other houses all had the matte finish. Let's hope it makes our LIH's stand out!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Lyn wrote: "I haven't seen the matte LIH covers but I think this is a trend in historicals. The last two trade historical series I did for other houses all had the matte finish. Let's hope it makes our LIH's s..."

By the way...loved your Gabriel Sisters Series! :D

message 27: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Hi everybody!

I got The Champion turned in and I hope you guys will let me come back and play. Please, please, please.

This discussion is really interesting. I wondered what everyone would think of the new matte finish, but I didn't realized the books would actually "feel" different. As far as the look itself, do you like the matte finish? I'm more of a glossy finish person, but the matte isn't too bad, imo. The four books do look pretty on the store shelf sitting there all together.

As for the Kindle, I got one for my son for Christmas so he won't have so many big textbooks to lug around at college. He likes having an actual book, too, so we decided the Kindle is good for practicality, but when he LOVES a book, he'll buy a real one for his library. So yeah, he'll buy his favorites twice, but since Kindle editions are often cheaper he'll won't be spending as much on books he may or may not read more than once. His back sure is loving him too. lol

message 28: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Carla, you are always so welcome, we love it when you have time to come play with us here. :)

I also share the same thoughts on a Kindle. I can see the practicality of them, but I just love the feel of a book in my hands... :) Haven't gotten any new books so I have noticed a difference. I am going to have to get me some now LOL!

message 29: by Carla (new)

Thanks, Melody! I sure do miss you guys when I'm away. :-)

One other good thing about the Kindle is the ease of getting books. I have the flu at the moment and I'm not going anywhere, but when I wanted a new book last night it was a snap to get one sent to me. Even with Walmart across the street, I couldn't beat the convenience of a Kindle download. :-)

Hugs!

message 30: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Carla -- sorry about the flu. Glad you finished your book. I'm behind schedule at the moment and pounding the keyboard hard.

message 31: by Carla (new)

Thanks, Janet!

You can do it! And the book will be awesome! :-)

message 32: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Carla, glad to hear from you again. I hope you feel better soon! I can't wait for The Champion.

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Hi Carla! Congrats on finishing your book. Hope you feel better soon.

I got my husband a Kindle this year so he doesn't have to lug so many books around. Pretty much the same reason as your son is using one, but my hubby's books are mostly fiction. He loves the feel of a real book, as do I, so it might take awhile to acclimate.

message 34: by Carla (new)

Thank you, Barbara!! I hope you like it! :-)

Thanks, Christine!

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments YAY! Carla's back....and I can't wait to read this new book! lol

message 36: by Carla (new)

Thanks, Jennifer! It's so nice to *be* back.