Twilight lovers discussion

Breaking Dawn (SPOILERS!!!)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments Please tell me someone else has finished the book! I'm dying to talk about it with someone so someone please say something.........

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula  (paulainauckland) I've finished the first section (Bella) and up to Jacob's. I just got a BIG shock. I would have thought Edward was sterile.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments I definately think the biggest surprise is Jake imprinting on Renesmee! It's kind of ironic actually. Think about it, he practically obsesses over Bella and Edward's relationship, and then their daughter is really the one he loves, not Bella. Hahaha. He has no choice but to like Edward now does he? I'm kind of curious about Renesmee's life span though. Is she immortal like the vampires, or is she going to live for a long long time and then die? Jake could live forever theoretically though, so I guess it really doesn't matter, but I'm still curious.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula  (paulainauckland) well, Tianna, the biggest shock is that I haven't enjoyed reading this. What happened to the cadence, the flow, the credibility?
Jacob & Renesmee? Ick.
I really, really hope that Edward's story is better edited.
And what happenned to the fight scene? And Alice?
And every other character we actually like?
Naming your child after your mother but not being too bothered about seeing her? This book was just a little too wierd.
I could just keep going on and on...

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments I really don't get how Jacob and Renesmee is any different that Quil and Claire. And if you think about it, it would be sort of like if Edward had met Bella when she was a baby. If it's the age gap that is making you think it's gross, then really pretty much every relationship in this book is the same way. And I agree with you about Bella not seeing Renee. It's kind of weird. Especially since she still talks to Charlie, and let's face it, she so obviously likes Renee way better. There was no fight scene because the Volturi knew they were going to lose. It was only logical that they would back down. The Alice thing was a little crazy, but again, it made sense due to the circumstances. While the book was definately different than the others, it made perfect sense as far as Bella and Edward's story goes. It flows as well as it could and should, and I personally like it and am sorry that you didn't enjoy it.

message 6: by Abby (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:36AM) (new)

Abby (abbyzoa) | 5 comments As my friends know i dont read alot. But i have read Twilight and am half way through New Moon. you guys are making me want to read more and more. Cant wait tell i get to the fourth book so i can talk about it too!

message 7: by Jenya (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

Jenya | 8 comments HOLY CRAP!!!! BREAKING DAWN!!! I just don't know what to say about it! I couldn't stop reading it and when I was done I cried because I just wanted more! I LOVED IT! It was awesome!
I can't believe Jacob and Renesmee, but it wasn't that it was strange or bad I just didn't see it coming!
I was kind of upset about Bella not talking to Renee, but I guess that it is just because she wanted to protect her from all the things that were going on!
IT WAS SO GREAT!!!!~J

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 7 comments Personally I really hated Breaking Dawn, sorry to disapoint you guys but i thought it was a little out there and that all the discriptions were boring!!

message 9: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 4 comments well, i didn't hate it, but i didn't love it either..i was kinda dissapointed for some reason..as for jacob and renesmee, YUCK. i hate jacob, and so i think "nessie (btw, i hate that nickname!) could have gotten someone SO much better..

message 10: by Samara (last edited Jul 12, 2010 08:45AM) (new)

Samara | 8 comments I loved Breaking Dawn it was expected for Bella to marry Edward ,so it wasn't suprising.But Renesmee with Jacob is just gross.