Pirate Romance discussion

Pirate Romances > Pirate Time-Travel books

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jan 10, 2011 04:14PM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 550 comments Mod
I think some of my favorite pirate books are when the "heroine" falls back in time to a handsome swashbuckling pirate or he lands in her "time" which can be quite funny seeing him adapt to our time.Some of my favorites:
The Pirate And His Lady (Harlequin American Romance, No 462) by Margaret St. George My Timeswept Heart  by Amy J. Fetzer Once A Pirate by Susan Grant The Pirate (Rogues Across Time, Book #2) (Harlequin Temptation, No 577) by Kate Hoffmann Pirates by Linda Lael Miller
How about anyone else? share yours!

message 2: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I haven't read a time-travel pirate book yet... actually the only time-travel I've attempted so far is Outlander, which was dnf for me - amazing story, but just too long...

How was Once A Pirate? I've got this one on my TBR.

It was really good..but my favorite ( and Ive re-read 3 times is the one by Kate Hoffmann..SO good! he's to die for!

message 4: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Treasured by Crystal Jordan
Has anyone read this yet???? I'm curious about it :/

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Oh
I remembered I read this book
Sapphire Dream by Pamela Montgomerie
It's part of a series with a surprising twist that you wouldn't expect. The main character is strong and lovable and the male lead is okay :) I didn't remember this right off the bat because for one, i read this a while back and 2, I can't seem to remember what happened in the middle o.o

Not saying it's a bad or boring book! It's quite enjoyable, but after the hero and heroine leave the pirate ship, I can't recall anything else to do with pirates...There's a whole bunch of fighting and romance but my mind keeps drawing a blank...

Sabrina wrote: "Oh
It's part of a series with a surprising twist that you wouldn't expect. The main character is strong and lovable and the ma..."

I started to read this book..but when the cover models dont match the characters inside..I cant read it...just a hang-up I have ..cant get past it.. its like reading 4 different characters to me..the interest will not hold.:(

Sabrina wrote: "Treasured by Crystal Jordan
Has anyone read this yet???? I'm curious about it :/"

Too bad its an ebook..I dont have a reader but III add to my pirate shelf just in case someday I get one..thanks for letting us know Sabrina!:)

message 8: by Sabrina (last edited May 04, 2011 02:03PM) (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Treasured by Crystal Jordan

Too bad its an ebook..I dont have a reader but III add to my pirate shelf just in case somed..."

I was able to obtain it:D and it's saved to my computer

message 9: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Oh
It's part of a series with a surprising twist that you wouldn't expect. The main character is strong and lo..."

i never pay attention to the people on the cover. My mind blocks them out and I create my own images :) and that's why movies based on books makes me angry >:(

message 10: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Sabrina wrote: "Treasured by Crystal Jordan

No, but I sure do love that cover!! :D

message 11: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Treasured by Crystal Jordan
I'm in the process of reading it and I'm thinking of putting it down...the entire story is pure lust and it's vert erotic with splashes of sword fighting and this I don't mind at all, but the inventive ways the male lead uses sorta disturbs me o.o I was okay with it for a while until it happened again and again. I will read so far but when it comes to the topic of an anus, I bow out...not exactly my cup of tea >.<

Sabrina wrote: "Treasured by Crystal Jordan
I'm in the process of reading it and I'm thinking of putting it down...the entire story is pure lust and it's vert erotic with splashes of sword fighting and this I ..."

Maybe this would go under the BR (Bodice Rippers) pirate romances? I like a story that has some "steamy romance" but when its all graphic sex & nothing more..not my cuppa tea either...

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Treasured by Crystal Jordan
I'm in the process of reading it and I'm thinking of putting it down...the entire story is pure lust and it's vert erotic with splashes of sword figh..."

Yes I agree, I think it might just belong there... I really didn't like the main character; I really wanted to but it made me roll my eyes when right finishing love making, 2 paragraphs later, she's completely turned on and helpless and begging -_-

For a girl that killed a few people and fights with swords and guns, she's quite spineless....

message 14: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments Oooo backdoor luvin is not a turn off for me but it prolly shouldnt be in pirate romance. Im gonna check it out cuz Im pervy that way haha

Verity wrote: "Oooo backdoor luvin is not a turn off for me but it prolly shouldnt be in pirate romance. Im gonna check it out cuz Im pervy that way haha"

Since its only in kindle form youll have to let me know Verity...interested myself as the ratings vary.

message 16: by Sandil (new)

Sandil From Sandi to Sandi,
Thank you for your Jan. recommendations. I just finished
Once A Pirate by Susan Grant
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be popping back to this group often for more suggestions.
Sandi L.

Sandi l wrote: "From Sandi to Sandi,
Thank you for your Jan. recommendations. I just finished
Once A Pirate by Susan Grant
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be popping back to this group often for more sugge..."

So glad you liked it Sandi L. What I like about this group is there are lots of good recommends in these threads, as well as on our bookshelf!