Al Capone Does My Shirts (Tales from Alcatraz, #1) Al Capone Does My Shirts discussion

interesting topic

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle I bought this book after a visit to Alcatraz Island. I'm very glad I did and had the chance to read such a funny and moving children's book about living with a sibling who has a disability. It was cleverly written and touching.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book.

Lois I really enjoyed this book. I feel like I learned something while enjoying the read. Always a good thing. I actually can't wait to start reading the second book in the series, "Al Capone Shines My Shoes". It will be fun to see what Moose and the gang are up to.

JoDee Lois wrote: "I really enjoyed this book. I feel like I learned something while enjoying the read. Always a good thing. I actually can't wait to start reading the second book in the series, "Al Capone Shines My ..."

I just finished the sequel a few months ago...it won't let you down. Very good story with a great twist.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I really loved this book and even bought the next novel, Al Capone Shines My Shoes!!!!
Everyone should read it!

Lena Yeah, this is one of the better YA books I've read lately. The only thing I didnt like was the 'love interest' girl. Everything else was great and I liked how they dealt with the autism issue with such honesty.

Lena
The Superiors

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

What love girl? Do you mean piper?

Lena Yeah. For some reason she annoyed me or seemed too... generic. Like all the girls in YA books. I liked the rest of the characters, though.

Lena

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked all of the characters (my name is Natalie btw.. weird right?) and I think Piper made the story intresting. I know generic (there are enuff girls at m,y school as examples), and Piper isn't.

Skirmish love this book! i actually cried at some parts