Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Non-Amish Book Discussions > Love Finds You series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I hope no one minds me posting about books that aren't specifically Amish (although this series has a few!) but I noticed that several people have mentioned these books lately and was thinking about reading some of them. Any recommendations? I'm particularly interested in historical romances right now and they seem to have several good-looking ones, but I don't know quite where to start!

Also, does anyone mind having non-Amish book discussions on here in the General section? Would it be worth adding another section to the group if several members wanted to share non-Amish recommendations?

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I think that a new section sounds good. We all have other genres that we enjoy so why not share them with everyone here.

I have Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas because it was only $7.99 and it had 5 stars from Amazon with 30 reviews. I figured that it must be good then.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) Rachel are you looking for Historical Romances that have a Christian aspect to them (sort of like Amish fiction). Or are you wanting other types of Historical Romance?

Off the top of my head for the first category (Christian): Lori Wick, Lauraine Snelling, Janette Oke.

For the non-Christian I'd have to thing since they're not often in series so I don't remember the authors names so easily :)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) That one does sound quite good - £5.97 over here, may well buy it at some point :)

If no one objects, I'll go ahead and make a new section and transfer all the non-Amish book-related posts to it sometime tomorrow?

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Oops, posted at the same time as Elizabeth!

Mainly Christian at the moment, I've tried a few regular romance novels but a lot of them tend to have fairly descriptive sex scenes and I'm getting kind of fed up with them. I'm in the mood for the more "sweet" romance novels, so I'll probably stick to Christian ones for now. Thanks for those recommendations - I'll check them out.

message 6: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I agree with Rachel, I have been reading a lot more Christian fiction lately. I like how they are clean and I am not embrassed to read them. I don't mind reading about God and a religious hint to a book so long as it is not preachy (which I have not run into yet).

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) Rachel wrote: "Oops, posted at the same time as Elizabeth!

Mainly Christian at the moment, I've tried a few regular romance novels but a lot of them tend to have fairly descriptive sex scenes and I'm getting k..."

I figured that was the case but didn't want to assume :)

Also Tracie Peterson is another (sorry you probably know all these authors already but just in case)

message 8: by Lorie (last edited Jan 10, 2011 05:02PM) (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I think a lot of the Amish fiction could also be in the inspirational section. I think the Love Finds you is that way. I checked out Love Finds You in Miracle Ky. I'm going to read it soon. I like that I know exactly where it is and have even been through there. I can't wait to talk about some of these other books to that people are reading and want to share.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1570 comments Mod
Lorie -- one of the reasons I enjoyed LFYI Hershey, PA so much is because I knew the area too. Is does make it more fun, doesn't it?

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Elizabeth - No, I don't know all of these authors! I only really got into Christian fiction last year so any suggestions are excellent.

I really enjoy reading books that you give you a sense of the different areas of the US. Having never visited anywhere outside of Europe I find it really fascinating. I just finished Rugged and Relentless by Kelly Eileen Hake today which was set in Colorado in the late 19th century, which I imagine was entirely different from the state of Scotland at that time! I feel like I'm being lightly educated about US history and geography as I read :)