So Many Great Books So little time discussion

Books you want to read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle What are some books on your wish list? I have so many I want to read Room, Sarah's Key, Winter Garden,

message 2: by Erin E (last edited Jan 30, 2011 10:20AM) (new)

Erin E (elizamc) When you get to read Room prepare to be wowed and shocked, to be marvelled at the strength of the human condition and a mothers will to protect her child. I still can't stop thinking about it!

As for what I want to read, I am waiting very impatiently for the last two books of the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian to be published.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy I've read Room and while I can't say that I enjoyed it, it gave me lots to think about. And think about. I can't seem to get the book out of my head. And that might just be the mark of a really good book.

message 4: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) Judy wrote: "I've read Room and while I can't say that I enjoyed it, it gave me lots to think about. And think about. I can't seem to get the book out of my head. And that might just be the mark of a really ..."

It is certianly a tough read and definantly not for everyone, but I think you are right it has the markings of a really good book.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wow I can't wait to read Room now. You guys got me excited about it. Erin I have never heard of the Midnight Breed series but I looking into it because I love Vampire books. So I will for sure have this on my wish list.

message 6: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) Michelle, the Midnight Breed series is about a violent alien race that sires a breed of vampires, these vampires can only mate and propogate their race with select women. That is all I can say about this without giving too much away. The first book is Kiss of Midnight and I think I have read it at least 5 times since the first time. I am thinking my favourite books will be the last two... They're each about Breed Males that have been left so shrouded in intrigue that I anticipate octane level books for them! Though Shades of Midnight was phenomenal!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sounds great I will for sure be reading those. Have you read The House of Night series or Morganville Vampires? I liked those also.

message 8: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) I read the first book for house of night and found it difficult to fathom the series as meant for teens. It was so vivid sexually I was shocked, I haven't entirely written off the series either.

Morganville I think I have read up to book 4, it's sitting on the back burner for now, I am sure I will eventually pick it up again.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Give House of Night another chance they get better and less sex.

message 10: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) Ironically it is not the sex that bothers me so much as how explicit this series is when it is supposed to be for teens... I would probably have a serious discussion with my child if they were reading this series before they were near 18yrs.

message 11: by Erin E (last edited Apr 17, 2011 05:12PM) (new)

Erin E (elizamc) There are quite a few books that I had forgotten were on my TBR list - and they are books that I am considering putting on my Summer top 10 Must Read list.

The Red Tent
The Kite Runner
Water for Elephants
The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Anyone else have a few books they are interested in reading during Summer?

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I have read all of those
my favorite would be

1. The Memory Keeper's Daughter
2. The Kite Runner
3. Water for Elephants
4. The Red Tent.

I will add one of those to May's reading list.

message 13: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) I was not as impressed with The Memory Keeper's Daughter it did not stand out for me and was too easy to put down and forget about.

I loved Water for Elephants though I could not put it down, and it took me very little time to finish it. I can't wait for the movie, next Friday.