Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > JANUARY ~ One Foot in the Grave

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost
This is the place to gather to talk about the January group read One Foot in the Grave

How are you finding it? What do you like (or not)so far? Is the heroine kick ass? Got a great Alpha male? (sample Q's to get you thinking! I've not read this so they may not all be relevant!)

If you've already read the book feel free to jump in too!!

Please be respectful of spoilers - do a warning if you are posting one!

(so since Jen is absent and it is like a week past January I thought it would be a good idea to just create the group read threads for January b/c I really want to discuss.)

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) So, of course some of you have to be reading this, if not shmae on you. READ IT!!!!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments I loved this series. I loved this book!! I like that Cat makes mistakes...and isn't always right. I really enjoy the banter between Cat and the bad guys. She just has a way to get herself in trouble wherever she goes!! I can not wait for the newest release!!!1

message 4: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Thank you for setting the thread up Mariya! I'm reading One Foot in the Grave right now and am enjoying it so far!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Yah! I love OFITG. It is my favorite book in the Night Huntress Series =D

message 6: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

I'm really glad I put down Slave to Sensation and started on this one!! In my opinion it is so much better :)

message 7: by Mariya (last edited Jan 11, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) No one beats Bones! I would throw Slave to Sensation across the room just for some Bones. Oh, god. I miss him. Thank god it is almost February. I can't wait for the fifth =D

and so glad I am not the only one having trouble with Slave to Sensation.

message 8: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin I loved this book! It is one of my fave series and I'm with you Mariya, I can't wait for February!

Just wait until you get to the famous Chapter 32, Jen...

message 9: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Kerstin wrote: "I loved this book! It is one of my fave series and I'm with you Mariya, I can't wait for February!

Just wait until you get to the famous Chapter 32, Jen..."

I keep having to make myself not skip ahead!!

Avid Reader Amy's Reviews (avidreadamysreviews) Chapter 32. Hot! Hot! Hot!

message 11: by Sarah (last edited Jan 13, 2011 07:41PM) (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments Cat is basically a half vampire Buffy IMO. I love the way Jeaniene Frost writes and I have to admit some of the scenes were very intense! I can't wait to read the next book but I'm waiting until Feb so that it will count towards some challenges. Also, for some reason I can't stop picturing Spike when I think of Bones. Maybe I just have too much Buffy on the brain, especially since I don't picture Cat as Sarah Michelle Gellar. :)

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) I didn't even picture Bones as a blonde. I pictured him as a burnetter b/c of the fallback pics in the inside flap on books 3-5. It is weird to me thinking of him as blonde now.

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Jan 14, 2011 01:17AM) (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments I just pictured him the way he was described in the first book, and then in the second book he dyed his hair brunette and then blonde again haha but platinum blonde just seemes to stick. I can't picture him otherwise now.

message 14: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 36 comments I'm usually a brunette girl so I like him brunette, but I don't really mind the other way either. I'm sure he will keep switching back and forth from his natural brunette to his bleach blond.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Chapter 32. That's all I remember. Loved it.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Stacia wrote: "Chapter 32. That's all I remember. Loved it."

Ohhhh. Now I'm going to have to re-read that book!!!!

message 17: by Disi (new)

Disi (danicaandrenos) | 27 comments I really love the relationship between Bones and Cat, they are one of my favorite relationships of the series I read. I'm glad I started this series. I can tell it's going to be a favorite.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Ah, I was hooked with the first book and the second doesn't disappoint. I have nothing bad to say. I love this series and will be starting the third book soon.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) I love this series. I just finished reading this book for the 2nd time and it was just as good this time around. I plan to re-read the whole series to get ready for the new release on Feb 22.

message 20: by Sandra (new)

Sandra I started this series because this book was the monthly read, but than I totally forgot because I had to burn through all the books (hence my review coming late), SO GOOD! So here's the review I wrote:

HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS SERIES! I could pretty much listen to Cat and Bones go back and forth all day. I love their banter, their flirting, their fighting, their sexing... pretty much everything. Frost always manages to throw in character twists I don't see coming. I wasn't completely right about my guesses having to do with Cat's dad (I thought maybe he didn't know what he was doing when he attacked her mom), but I wasn't totally off either! And there was some great character development with Cat's "men," who I just love.

On a side-note, with respect to Bones being blond. I agree I have trouble picturing it, but when I tried I got the image of Spike from Buffy in my head; bleach-blond, British, hot, bad-ass, I think they might be the same person.

message 21: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) about time you've gotten on the Night Huntress Crave! hehehe. Cat and Bones and too wonderful...

Btw, everyone, giving away a copy of the newest book in the series, This side of the grave on my blog

http://mystifyingparanormalreviews.bl...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) To know Bones is to love him.

message 23: by Vannessa (new)

Vannessa | 175 comments I just finished this book yesterday and I absolutely LOVED it! (I loved the first one too and hope I'll love the next one as well!). I love the whole relationship between Cat and Bones and am SO glad they are back together again. It just wasn't the same without Bones in Cat's life. I know Cat loves her mum and all that, but I can't stand her - she's such a nasty piece of work and I'm glad Cat finally said what she did to her. And as for Cat's dad, I so hope he gets his comeuppance in the next book which I'll be reading soon!

message 24: by Derzy (new)

Derzy | 6 comments I read these books like a few months ago.
I thought it was interesting, the way things turned out, but Bones did get annoying at a point.
And honestly, I CANNOT picture Bones at all. Eventhough he is described to be blonde, I always pictured him to have jet black hair, abit gothic LOOL. Thats how Ive pictured him throughout the WHOLE series. Blonde just doesn't work for me when it comes to Bones. :D

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One Foot in the Grave (other topics)