Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

The Doctor's Infinite Library > Favorite 11th Doctor Novel (so far)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Curious as to if anyone has a favorite of the 11th Doctor novels so far. I read the first batch of three, though I intend to pick up the second three soon. So far my favorite is 'Night of the Humans', but we'll see how the second set goes.

Any thoughts?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't much care for it, but Night of the Humans wins by default for me. It's hard keeping up with the books when you're flat broke! Ah well, I'll get around to reading them eventually, although Doctor #12 might be suiting up by that point.

The one I want to read the most is the Moorcock book, even though it has received some less than stellar reviews from fans up to now.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the pulpyness of it. Also that it was a bit dark for a YA book. It reminded me of the old pulp sci-fi books from the 50s and 60s you'd get on drug store spinners for like a dime.

message 4: by Sebastian (new)

Sebastian (blackburn) | 5 comments I'd say "The Glamour Chase" is probably my favourite. I like the fact that it adds quite some depth to Rory as a character.
However, I haven't read Moorcock's book, yet.

message 5: by John (new)

John Sublette | 1 comments Matthew wrote: "I didn't much care for it, but Night of the Humans wins by default for me. It's hard keeping up with the books when you're flat broke! Ah well, I'll get around to reading them eventually, although ..."

I just finished it today. I can see why there were bad reviews, it did go a bit slow at the beginning. And there were a whole lot of metaphysical / multiuniverse discussions that you had to either get the gist of or just nod, smile, and pretend you understood. But I did like it. It was my first Doctor Who book, so I can't compare it to any others. I'm also a recent (American) fan of Doctor Who - I picked up with the 9th doctor, and just finished watching where Rory leaves the TARDIS, so this story fit in well with where I was in the series (no Rory in it either).

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean (dalekbuster523) | 2 comments I really enjoyed The Dalek Generation. Had a nice pace to it. And Nicholas Briggs's writing was amazing, especially given that it was his first book.

message 7: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) The best 11th Doctor novel I've read so far was Paradox Lost. It reminded me of that Star Trek TNG episode where they found Data's severed head in a cave underneath San Francisco.

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 4 comments So far my favorite is either Dead of Winter or Paradox Lost.

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Doctor Who: Touched By An Angel was way better than I thought it would be.

message 10: by Rick (new)

Rick Wood | 2 comments I haven't read them all yet but so far:
1. Touched By An Angel 5*
2. The Silent Stars Go By 5*
3. Nuclear Time 4*
4. The Glamour Chase 3*
5. Apollo 23 3*
6. The King's Dragon 3*
7. Night of the Humans 3*
8. The Forgotten Army 2*

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 5 comments Nuclear Time has so far been my favorite 11th Doctor book. I love how the author, Oli Smith, uses time with Amy and Rory's part of the story taking place in 1981 and The Doctor's part of the story that keeps going back into the past.

message 12: by Tony (new)

Tony | 27 comments I think Touched by an Angel is my favourite new series novel, a 5 star treat