Kailin Gow-Fantastic Author of The Pulse Series, The Bitter Frost Series, The Wicked Woods Series and So Much More! discussion

Kailin's Series > The Wordwick Games

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
i cant wait for the return to come out!!!

message 3: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
i cant wait for the return to come out!!! I wonder how many books are in this series?

message 4: by Kailin, Author (new)

Kailin (kailingow) | 53 comments Mod
Hi Cassie!

So glad you've read this series! The Return will be out in April or May of this year :D

Have to ask, who are your favorite characters in this series? Also, without revealing any spoilers, did you finding out who everyone else (Sparks, Kat, Jack, and Rio)?

Book 3 will be intense. That's all I have to say about that :D

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
Hello, Kailin

Yeah,well you write great books. Oh really? well I cant wait for it to come out? I really like Gemma a lot, also Devin was another one of my favorite. Yeah i did find out about everyone one else (Sparks, Kat, Jack, and Rio), which i thought was pretty awesome.

message 6: by Kailin, Author (new)

Cassie!

We're releasing Book 3 of Wordwick Games - The Return early early. Surprise! It will be released January 21 and I have a contest/party for its release.

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
Omg!!! Really I can't wait. I will be counting the days. :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Cassie-

Would this be a good series for a 14 year old boy? He says he doesn't like Fantasy but he liked Charlie Bone and Artemis Fowl.

message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
I have never read either one of those books, but i think he might like it. The pov throughout the book was a girl, so if he doesn't mind reading a book with a girl as the main character, he probably would enjoy it. Espically since their is action in it. Has he read the Precy Jackson series, that was a great series as well.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather No he won't like something from a girl's pov but he picked out the Alchemist's Academy. He'd like to read that, so I'll see about getting a copy for him. I read to him about the Wordwick Games and he wasn't interested. I'd say it takes too much thinking on his part!!! Now, my ten year old, he'll love it. So, really I've got excuses for getting them all, not that I need them. My TBR pile is huge, but my Kailin Gow pile will go fast!

Heather

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
LOl. well thats good that your ten year old is interested in reading it. Have the read the precy jackson series, they might enjoy that.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Oh Lord yes! And he's read the new one in that series and the Red pyramid. And the 39 clues. He devours books. But the funny thing about both of my boys is that they will only read from a boys POV. But as I think about it, most of my books are from a girl's POV. The only one I can think of is 13 reasons why. I just identify with the girl's POV better.

Heather

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 45 comments Mod
LOL. yeah it was a great series i read it after my brother. Yeah me and my bother devour are books too, my mom is always buying us books every other day.

Yeah most of the books i have read as well are girls POV, the only series that i have read from a boy POV was precy jackson series. I have to say though from a boy and a girl POV they are way different but in good ways.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather Cassie wrote: "LOL. yeah it was a great series i read it after my brother. Yeah me and my bother devour are books too, my mom is always buying us books every other day.

Yeah most of the books i have read as well..."

True- I wonder if Kailin has a hard time switching and writing from a boy's point of view. I haven't read them b/c they aren't out but I'm thinking The Alchemist Academy and Harold and the Kung Fu Kid are from the male POV.

Kailin? You there? Are they from the male POV? Was it hard switching?

Heather

message 15: by Kailin, Author (new)

Hi Heather,

Alchemists Academy and Harold the Kung Fu Kid are from the male POV. It was fun switching to the male POV because you really get into character. Writing is like acting for me, whatever POV you write from, you become the character so you see and feel things, and even write in that character's perspective. I'm always challenging myself in trying new things in each book and each series. Again, because the story is told from two different characters, Wirt in Alchemist, and Harold in Kung Fu Kid, although they're both boys, the stories will still be different because they're told from different character's POV.

Very good question!

Kailin

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather Very Good Answer! Thanks for seeing that and answering. I can't wait to see what my son thinks of Wirt. Interesting name. It teases your mouth to say it!

Heather