What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Hardcover Children's Book Collection (6-12 books), 1950s-1960s? [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Macaire (last edited Jan 09, 2011 06:07PM) (new)

Macaire | 2 comments Hi there. I'm looking for a the name of a series of hardcover children's books containing short stories. I believe it was something fairly generic like Children's Collection of Classics, but that search doesn't turn up what I'm looking for. They were fairly large books, and there were about 6-12 books in the series (the exact number escapes me).

They may have been published in the 50s or 60s as my parents (56 and 58) grew up reading them. I believe the covers were fairly plain, but the bindings had small line drawing pictures on them. The books were all solid color hardcovers, but different colors. They may have been slightly textured.

They were arranged by subject, one of which was animals. Two of the stories I remember from the series were "The Hobyahs" and "How Chipmunk Got His Stripes."

Any help would be much appreciated.

message 2: by Sirvantes (new)

Sirvantes | 145 comments Possibly the Junior Classics Young Folks Shelf of Books. Multicolored volumes, line drawings on spines (in earlier editions). In print for many editions over the years. Check out the anthologies on the following url to see other sets that might be what you're looking for: http://www.loganberrybooks.com/most-a...

message 3: by Macaire (new)

Macaire | 2 comments Those would be them, thank you so much!